HDTVtest Flat-Panel Faceoff Crowns Panasonic Plasma as Best TV - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 163Likes

post #211 of 211 Old 06-29-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post
I agree "the data is the data". But it Represents exactly what is easily visible with the human eye pertaining to black levels. At least in my little world, lol!

In regular daytime viewing conditions I can easily see the difference in my G10(.027ftl) ST30(.008ftl) VT60(.001). So with that experiment I can't agree that it's not visible. Maybe they don't know what to look for but once they see and understand it they Can't unsee it, ever. CRT and OLED are different animals that can beat plasma and LCD can't compete with ANSI blacks of the other types of displays types I listed.
Not arguing against you. But to be fair, screen filter can significantly change the appearance of blacks in a room with ambient light, and each one of those panels have different filters. Darker filters preserve blacks better in brighter rooms, while poor filters can make blacks look 'milky' by comparison. As far as filters go, it goes VT60 > ST30 > G10.

That said, it doesn't take anything away from the fact that the differences in black levels should be easily seen in a dark room as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post
This is based on prior experience with this individual in another thread. Any countering of his "facts" was met with deflection every single time until the thread was closed. Looks like we're on a collision course with the same fate on this thread. I'd be okay with that.
I figured that's what you meant.
mailiang, StinDaWg and whipit like this.

Last edited by rahzel; 06-29-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
frontpage

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page