Samsung PN64D7000 intermittent black line across screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2014, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung PN64D7000 intermittent black line across screen?

Hi all,

I've had a PN64D7000 Samsung Plasma for about 2.5 years now (at the recommendation of this forum). I've really enjoyed it and it has served me well.

Lately there has been an intermittent flickering black line that appears horizontally across the screen about 1/3 of the way down from the top. I've done testing and can confirm it happens no matter what input the TV is set on. It's clearly not burn in as it flickers from a very dark black to almost completely unnoticeable.

What is most curious is that the line usually only appears during brighter white, uniform screens. For example, a camera tilt to the sky will cause the line to appear distinctly when that area of the screen is a uniform bright color. This does not happen with darker colors or solid red, purple, etc. Seems to be lighter colors.

I've tried removing the back panel and checking the ribbon cable connections, but nothing has helped. I have heard about replacing the Y-buffer boards (upper) and may try that. What are the odds that this fixes the issue and it isn't the actual panel?

Thanks for any input you guys can provide!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
An update -- I replaced the upper Y-buffer board and the problem persists. It's basically limited to bright screens. Only other thing I can figure is some sort of failure on the control board or within the panel itself.

It's a shame if it is the panel, as the set is only 2.5 years old and good plasmas are hard to come by now.