Panasonic TC-p50u50 hdmi input 1 stopped working - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2014, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Panasonic TC-p50u50 hdmi input 1 stopped working

I have a panasonic plasma TC-p50u50 that I bought in 2012, has worked flawless since then but just today the hdmi input 1 stopped working. I tried a new cable and new devices and it doesn't work. It seems to indicate it receives a signal when you turn the device on but then reverts to no signal.

I saw in another thread there may be some chance by reseting the tv (unplugging for 10 min??) or by holding volume down and menu to do a system check?

I don't want to hurt it further. I only have one more hdmi input I can live by using a switcher but damn, kinda sucks. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phod View Post
I have a panasonic plasma TC-p50u50 that I bought in 2012, has worked flawless since then but just today the hdmi input 1 stopped working. I tried a new cable and new devices and it doesn't work. It seems to indicate it receives a signal when you turn the device on but then reverts to no signal.

I saw in another thread there may be some chance by reseting the tv (unplugging for 10 min??) or by holding volume down and menu to do a system check?

I don't want to hurt it further. I only have one more hdmi input I can live by using a switcher but damn, kinda sucks. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I think there is a factory reset or something similar in the setup menu, might say reset to defaults, can't remember exactly what it's called, but it is in menu system somewhere.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv1981 View Post
I think there is a factory reset or something similar in the setup menu, might say reset to defaults, can't remember exactly what it's called, but it is in menu system somewhere.
Could a factory reset actually fix the problem potentially?
Old 06-24-2014, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Could a factory reset actually fix the problem potentially?

Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 06-29-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Anyone have any thoughts?
Did you have any luck resolving this? I just bought a Panasonic TC-p50u50 on Craigslist; got it home and one of the HDMI inputs isn't working (input 1 I think). The seller claims both inputs were working for him. I'm trying to figure out what to do.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSimpso View Post
Did you have any luck resolving this? I just bought a Panasonic TC-p50u50 on Craigslist; got it home and one of the HDMI inputs isn't working (input 1 I think). The seller claims both inputs were working for him. I'm trying to figure out what to do.
How do you like the u50? How much did you pay?
Old 06-30-2015, 06:39 AM

I paid $325, liking it a lot so far (though I haven't really used it a lot yet). I'm using the calibration settings from the CNET review (I'm not allowed to post links yet, otherwise I'd link to their settings).
Old 06-30-2015, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My dad has a TC-P50C2. At one point, one HDMI input stopped working. We simply used the other one. About a year later, the other one stopped working. We went to component connection. Some time later the TV went out completely. No power. After some tests, we determined it was the video board itself. The main chip on there had failed. It's a PITA to change if you don't have the experience and tools. I sent it out to www.moduslinkptstvboards.com and for around $90 I think, they replaced that chip. Got the TV back and all inputs were working again.