AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Plasma Flat Panel Displays (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/)
-   -   Samsung freezes when changing HDMI Port (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1584930-samsung-freezes-when-changing-hdmi-port.html)

dzrbenson 06-29-2014 02:33 PM

Samsung freezes when changing HDMI Port

Hi,

Added 2 more pieces to the home setup, Apple TV and Wii U and not sure my TV likes them, Occasionally, well 4 times over the weekend, when switching HDMI channels my TV will lockup, become unresponsive for around 1-2mins then restart itself and all is good.

Wondering if anyone has seen this? checked for updated firmware but none out, will do a full reset tonight, If I can figure out how.

Samsung PS64F5500
HDMI 1 – Apple TV
HDMI 2 – ARC to Sound bar (Wii u connected to sound bar HDMI)
Hdmi 3 – Xbox One

So If im using the Wii U and switch to Xbox One it has the potential to lock up,

Thanks for any replies

M Code 06-29-2014 02:41 PM

Major issue is the Samsung display is not HDMI certified...
Without being certified Samsung components typically have major interoperability issues with other brands of HDMI products. Best workaround is to just use Samsung brand HDMI components..
One other suggestion is to retry the power turn ON sequence..
1. Display
2. AVR
3. Source components

Just my $0.05... ;)

dzrbenson 06-29-2014 02:46 PM

Thanks for the reply,

A little confused, Il give you my power up process,

Also where you say I should use samsung certified only, does that mean Samsung HDMI cables, as xbox and wii u cant really do much? I am using a Samsung soundbar.

1. TV Turns on
2. Soundbar turns on with TV
3. Turn on Xbox, Wii u or Apple TV etc.

Should I book a call with Samsung, or is this something I need to live with? It did not occur before, however I only had the Xbox to begin with.

Straybeat 06-29-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzrbenson (Post 25364090)
Hi,

Added 2 more pieces to the home setup, Apple TV and Wii U and not sure my TV likes them, Occasionally, well 4 times over the weekend, when switching HDMI channels my TV will lockup, become unresponsive for around 1-2mins then restart itself and all is good.

Wondering if anyone has seen this? checked for updated firmware but none out, will do a full reset tonight, If I can figure out how.

Samsung PS64F5500
HDMI 1 – Apple TV
HDMI 2 – ARC to Sound bar (Wii u connected to sound bar HDMI)
Hdmi 3 – Xbox One

So If im using the Wii U and switch to Xbox One it has the potential to lock up,

Thanks for any replies

I have had 1 Samsung TV (out of a bunch of them) seem to get it's logic chip scrambled if you press too many buttons at once, requiring a reboot to reset everything, then it's fine. My old 58B650 would do this once in awhile, none of my others have though. I would put a call in just to see what you get from it? If anything, there will be a record of the call, so if something else happens in a year you might be covered.

dzrbenson 06-29-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straybeat (Post 25370386)
I have had 1 Samsung TV (out of a bunch of them) seem to get it's logic chip scrambled if you press too many buttons at once, requiring a reboot to reset everything, then it's fine. My old 58B650 would do this once in awhile, none of my others have though. I would put a call in just to see what you get from it? If anything, there will be a record of the call, so if something else happens in a year you might be covered.

Thanks

Got a tech coming Thursday, happy for them to come as wanted to enquire about something else, when the TV was off the other day, and off at the wall, I got a small amount of static charge from it.

Guessing its just dust + carpet but worth a shot

Thanks

dzrbenson 07-03-2014 04:13 AM

Well tech came today and was able to replicate.

He went to check the TV and all of a sudden a vertical lines appeared!!! Wtf talk about timing.

So he will be back next week to replace the panel and main board.

Now to pray I get no dead pixels.

Straybeat 08-24-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzrbenson (Post 25455954)
Well tech came today and was able to replicate.

He went to check the TV and all of a sudden a vertical lines appeared!!! Wtf talk about timing.

So he will be back next week to replace the panel and main board.

Now to pray I get no dead pixels.

Hey DZR,

Whatever happened with this? Did you get the panel replaced okay and everything work?

dzrbenson 08-24-2014 07:17 PM

Hi,

Yeah Samsung came out and replaced the panel and mainboard, All been running fine since then