Panasonic TH-42PX50U No HDMI Signal - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-07-2014, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Panasonic TH-42PX50U No HDMI Signal

Hi guys! Just trying to help out a friend who has this plasma model. They have an older Sony Bluray player hooked up via HDMI and when I switched to that input on the TV, there is no signal. I see the bluray playing fine but on the TV no display and no audio. I switched to 2 HDMI cables already and still no luck. I took home the bluray player to test it out. Hooked it up to my TV with my own HDMI cable and it worked fine.

So I am planning to bring back the bluray player to my buddy with my HDMI cable to test it out. If that doesn't work I am hinting that the HDMI input is bad on the TV. Anybody else had this issue?

If the HDMI input is in fact bad, can anyone help me find out the part number for this TV model's HDMI board? I see a few cheap boards available on ebay but not sure which is the correct part # for this plasma model.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-07-2014, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just went through exactly the same with my TH-42PX80U. Unfortunately the only way to make 100% sure is to pull the A (main)board and find the markings. I know there are at least 3 variants for the PX80U/UA.

My 80U lost all 3 HDMI inputs after a bad electrical storm here a couple months ago. What finally brought them back was to unplug the TV for a couple of hours (I had initially unplugged it for a few minutes when troubleshooting, didn't help) before I started tearing it apart. I figured I would test it one last time before taking the screwdriver to it and lo and behold, they were all working!

I don't know if your friend's 50U will be so lucky, but it's worth trying...

EDIT: Also see 1 out of 3 HDMI Ports Not Working on Panasonic 50" Plasma, might it be that your friend's inputs aren't labeled?

EDIT2: Forgot I had also tried a hard reset before pulling the plug for a couple hours. That would be something to try as well, this appears to be the process for the 50U

Last edited by smcmillan2; 07-07-2014 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Additional information
post #3 of 3 Old 07-07-2014, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! I have some things to try later. Will post an update once I'm back.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page