Bought new Panasonic TX(C)-P65ST60Y, dead pixel, noisy shadows and buzzing, normal? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By StinDaWg

post #1 of 8 Old 07-13-2014, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Bought new Panasonic TX(C)-P65ST60Y, dead pixel, noisy shadows and buzzing, normal?

Hi folks!

Last week I bought a TX (European for TC) - P65ST60Y with the last money I managed to scrape together from my tight student finance. I was a happy guy until I turned it on and noticed straight away a dead green sub pixel. It looked like a little insect in the middle of the screen, and all of a sudden my happiness turned into sadness. According to Panasonic I have to have at least 10 dead sub pixels in order for them to come and change the panel / tv.

Will I have to live with this or is there a way to bypass the "standard rules" regarding dead pixels?

Secondly, I noticed that the medium - dark colors get vey noisy. Is this normal for a plasma? See video below (Make sure to watch in 1080p because of YouTubes crappy compression):

Also see images:

And then there is this loud buzzing that changes with the brightness of the image. I know I'm not the only one experiencing this buzz, but is all this normal for a brand new tv like this?

Here is a perfect video demonstrating the buzzing I'm hearing (the video isn't mine)

Regards
Future Cinema
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-13-2014, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 49
About the noisy shadows try Cinema mode or Professional mode and bump contrast up to 100, set the Sharpness to 0 and play with the Brightness slider until things look right, let me know how that works for you.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-13-2014, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Unfortunately some plasmas do buzz that loud on full white/color screens. Try putting it in Cinema mode and turning down the contrast to around 80.

This is one of the things I'm not going to miss about plasma when OLED gets here.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-13-2014, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 20
It could be the elevation or power supply or both. I wonder if a bigger power supply would help. I have a Samsung, and I don't hear any buzz.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-13-2014, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weboh View Post
I have a Samsung, and I don't hear any buzz.
Every plasma buzzes on bright scenes. It's just how much and does it bother you with the volume turned on with normal programming.
Weboh likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-13-2014, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
Every plasma buzzes on bright scenes. It's just how much and does it bother you with the volume turned on with normal programming.
I guess I don't notice it.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-13-2014, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weboh View Post
I guess I don't notice it.
Try pulling up a full white picture slide on a flash drive if you don't have a HTPC.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-14-2014, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadThunder View Post
About the noisy shadows try Cinema mode or Professional mode and bump contrast up to 100, set the Sharpness to 0 and play with the Brightness slider until things look right, let me know how that works for you.
I dont have any professionell mode, but I tried cinema mode and followed your instructions and it works like a charm! See picture below. Thanks!!

Regarding the dead pixel: Panasonic will replace the faulty panel with a new one, very pleased with that!
About the buzz, I see many people reducing their buzz by replacing the screws on the back of the tv, check this out >

Regards
Future Cinema
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
buzz , dead pixel , noise , Panasonic , plasma

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page