Panasonic VT50 - Screws for OEM stand (moving)? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2014, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Question Panasonic VT50 - Screws for OEM stand (moving)?

I need to move a 65" VT50 across town, and figured it would be easiest to take it off of the wall mount and put it on its original stand as we move it. However, I can't find the screws that bolt the back of the TV to the stand (the screws that secure the flat section that goes into the slot).

Can someone please take a picture of one of their screws next to a ruler? Or just tell me their length? I'd like to try to find some w/ the correct length, and hopefully a compatible thread.

Also, if anyone has any tips for moving a giant plasma, I'm all ears.

Calibration Equipment:

Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro

Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL

Televisions:

Panasonic TC-P65VT50 (currently own)
Samsung UN55D8000 (returned) Calibration and Settings Thread

Plasma IR Removal:

Post 1 - Post 2 - Post 3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 09:00 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261 View Post
I need to move a 65" VT50 across town, and figured it would be easiest to take it off of the wall mount and put it on its original stand as we move it. However, I can't find the screws that bolt the back of the TV to the stand (the screws that secure the flat section that goes into the slot).

Can someone please take a picture of one of their screws next to a ruler? Or just tell me their length? I'd like to try to find some w/ the correct length, and hopefully a compatible thread.

Also, if anyone has any tips for moving a giant plasma, I'm all ears.
According to the Quick Start Guide for the 65VT50 in PDF, the screws that are included with the stand are 12 pcs of a silver colored M5 x 16mm screw, plus one black M4 x 10mm screw - so the four you're mising are exactly the same as the 8 that are already in your stand's neck assembly. To verify this, maybe fliip your stand upside down and remove the neck from the base (four screws i presume), then use test those four screws to attach the flat plate to the back of the TV to make sure they fit correctly. Then it's just a matter of buying the same exact size of metric screw (an RC Car / RC model airplane shop is a great source for small metric screws in various lengths).

When i removed my stand for wall-mounting, i threaded those screws into the back of the TV for safekeeping. Did you happen to do the same and just forget?

BTW - Do not over-tighten these screws as their heads are really soft and the phillips slot strips out really easily. You don't need to crank these screws down tight, just snug them firmly and don't let the screwdriver slip in those slots.
Marc Wielage and Tempest261 like this.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...

Last edited by RandyWalters; 07-21-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 07-20-2014, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Yeah, I should have threaded them, but didn't. I'm betting they're with the manual, which I can't find either .

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Calibration Equipment:

Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro

Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL

Televisions:

Panasonic TC-P65VT50 (currently own)
Samsung UN55D8000 (returned) Calibration and Settings Thread

Plasma IR Removal:

Post 1 - Post 2 - Post 3