Sharp 60le650u vs. Vizio "E" series vs. Panasonic 60as530u vs. Samsung 60pn5300 - AVS Forum
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Sharp 60le650u vs. Vizio "E" series vs. Panasonic 60as530u vs. Samsung 60pn5300
SDB30's Avatar SDB30 09:35 AM 07-23-2014
So, these 4 tv's are in my price bracket. I'm coming from a Panasonic 50 inch VT20, so I do know what a good tv should look like. I want to upgrade on size due to moving to a larger home with a longer viewing distance. This TV will be in the main living room where a lot of ambient light is present most of the time, so I'm kind of leaning away from the Samsung pn5300. I'm just worried that I won't be happy with the PQ of an LED. Granted I rarely watch TV in complete darkness, I always have a small lamp on. So.... of the tv's listed, what do you guys think would be the best option

RyanHomsey's Avatar RyanHomsey 09:53 AM 07-23-2014
I'm not familiar with the sharp or panasonic budget LED LCD offerings but I'm pretty sure they're edge lit.

With so much ambient light I'd rule out the F5300.

My vote is for the FALD Vizio E Series 60 inch (or the M series if you can afford the upgrade).
SDB30's Avatar SDB30 10:16 AM 07-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHomsey View Post
I'm not familiar with the sharp or panasonic budget LED LCD offerings but I'm pretty sure they're edge lit.

With so much ambient light I'd rule out the F5300.

My vote is for the FALD Vizio E Series 60 inch (or the M series if you can afford the upgrade).
The Vizio seems like the one to go with, but I've read a lot of reviews speaking about issues with the power supply making clicking noises and the "active led" function not working properly, which is what makes the TV such a good value. I just don't want to get a lemon.
dmtaub's Avatar dmtaub 10:47 AM 07-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB30 View Post
So, these 4 tv's are in my price bracket. I'm coming from a Panasonic 50 inch VT20, so I do know what a good tv should look like. I want to upgrade on size due to moving to a larger home with a longer viewing distance. This TV will be in the main living room where a lot of ambient light is present most of the time, so I'm kind of leaning away from the Samsung pn5300. I'm just worried that I won't be happy with the PQ of an LED. Granted I rarely watch TV in complete darkness, I always have a small lamp on. So.... of the tv's listed, what do you guys think would be the best option
With as much light as you are talking about, the FALD is probably your best bet. The PN5300 is going to be the best pq, with the E series next, then the 650, and finally the A530. There is a review of the A530 on Cnet. Not spectacular. The 650 always seems to get good reviews and since the Sharp has a semi matte screen, it may also fit the bill.

You can probably see both at a BB near you and let your eyes determine which is best.
Up
Mobile  Desktop