Got a free Pioneer PDP433CMX...questions about using it - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Got a free Pioneer PDP433CMX...questions about using it

Hi there. I got a Pioneer Plasma PDP433CMX 43" TV for free and want to see how to hook things up to it.

I researched some things and saw that Aurora used to make TVP500F card that supposedly had 2 HDMI inputs. This TV only seems to have a DVI input and other inputs I am not familiar with. I also have a Denon receiver I could use with it. Could I use a DVI to HDMI cable? I saw that it may not display correctly. I can't even find one of the 500F cards to purchase, and I also heard something about 5002 and 5003 cards but that might be what is currently in the TV. What are my options?

Is this an HDTV or is it not? I have not even used it yet (also have no remote, anyone know where to get one?)

I want to hook up my Blu ray player, Apple TV, and Xbox. Will the blu ray even look decent? Thank you for any assistance! No clue how to get this TV in use!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 07:04 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.3.jim View Post
Hi there. I got a Pioneer Plasma PDP433CMX 43" TV for free and want to see how to hook things up to it. I researched some things and saw that Aurora used to make TVP500F card that supposedly had 2 HDMI inputs. This TV only seems to have a DVI input and other inputs I am not familiar with. I also have a Denon receiver I could use with it. Could I use a DVI to HDMI cable? I saw that it may not display correctly. I can'teven find one of the 500F cards to purchase, and I also heard something about 5002 and 5003 cards but that might be what is currently in the TV. What are my options? I want to hook up my Blu ray player, Apple TV, and Xbox. Will the blu ray even look decent? Thank you for any assistance! No clue how to get this TV in use!
You'll probably never find an Aurora card, and if you do it would probably be expensive. These things were like gold back in the day and almost impossible to find when they were discontinued. But if you search around you might get lucky.

Are you sure it has a DVI input? Or are you looking at the RS232 input? If your display has a DVI input, that means it has the optional DVI video input card in it but i can't remember if that card is HDCP compliant or not. If it is HDCP compliant, it should be able to display a picture from HDMI devices by using an HDMI-to-DVI adapter. But if it's not HDCP compliant, it will not display an image from BD players or cable boxes etc, and there is no mention of the term HDCP in the operation manual.

My friend had the 50" version (503CMX) for years but we had it connected to his surround sound receiver with Component Video and ran all his video sources through the receiver which we used as a switcher. It was one of the first Plasma displays i've ever installed (i think it was around 2003/2004 or so). I took it down a few years ago and it's still working at his daughter's house in daily use. Friggin workhorse it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.3.jim View Post
Is this an HDTV or is it not? I have not even used it yet (also have no remote, anyone know where to get one?)
It's actually not a TV, it's more of a big signage/PC monitor for displaying information in businesses, but with a little configuration they can also be used kinda like a TV.

The remote is model number AXD1459.

If you don't have the manual for it, it's still available for download directly from Pioneer's site:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.cGE&cad=rja

Randy
Sony 55W800B, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Series3 & Premiere, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890, MX-780, R40, MX-450, MX-500 Remotes.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement