AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Please help No audio for external speakers out of Yamaha AVR

I have a Samsung P58C500 TV and a Yamaha RXV 465 AVR

A Magnavox DVR, Sony BD and a PC connected to the AVR w/HDMI cables then out of AVR w/ HDMI to the TV also have a optical Tosh linkconnected to TV’s audio out to AVR AV1.

I have always been able to use my external speakers for alldevices except for now the TV’s audio will only play though it’s own builtinspeaker, my DVD, PC and BD will still play w/ my speakers connected to the AVRjust not w/ the TV.

The TV has the option of speaker select external or TVspeaker. I haven’t unplugged any cables and I’ve attemped to reconfigure theAVR however I still can’t get audio for TV.

Please advice

STB

Samsung PN58C500/Amp: Yamaha RX-V465/Polk DSW1KProSub/DefTECH SM450/C1CC/Pro80/Sony BPX37 BD/Magnavox515HTPC-CPU: I3 550, 3.2 GHz/Mobo: Intel H57/RAM: 6GB DDR3 1333/HDD: 1TB/2TB Internal, 1TB external/Tuner: 1600-950 Haupague/W7 64 OS Remote: Harmony 700

Last edited by stevethebrain; 07-28-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-28-2014, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethebrain View Post

I have a Samsung P58C500 TV and a Yamaha RXV 465 AVR

A Magnavox DVR, Sony BD and a PC connected to the AVR w/HDMI cables then out of AVR w/ HDMI to the TV also have a optical Tosh linkconnected to TV’s audio out to AVR AV1.

I have always been able to use my external speakers for alldevices except for now the TV’s audio will only play though it’s own builtinspeaker, my DVD, PC and BD will still play w/ my speakers connected to the AVRjust not w/ the TV.

The TV has the option of speaker select external or TVspeaker. I haven’t unplugged any cables and I’ve attemped to reconfigure theAVR however I still can’t get audio for TV.

Please advice

STB
Have you set your TV to output audio via the optical out? I think this needs to be enabled on most TVs. Also, I presume you haven't overlooked putting the receiver in AV1 to listen to the TV output?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - P58C500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page