Samsung Plasma PN60F5350, installed in stand, some wobble ok? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-07-2014, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Samsung Plasma PN60F5350, installed in stand, some wobble ok?

The base itself does not move but you can easily wobble the TV front to back an estimated good 5 degrees each way. More than I thought anyway. I don't know what is typical/acceptable.

Should I be able to move it like this? It was only 8 screws; four for the base to stand mount and four for the TV to the stand mount. I also only hand -tightened until they were tight with the screw driver I was using and not stripping. Didn't want to over-tighten with a drill.

Should I re-install to the base or do TVs have some front to back wobble if you wobble it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-07-2014, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I would re-install. It should be stable. No wobbles.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-07-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Mine wobbles too, I'm assuming because you can tilt it side to side. It's a little more than I would like, but it's not going to fall off the stand or anything just sitting there.

I have to ask too, do you have the pink tint issue?
post #4 of 6 Old 08-08-2014, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Wobble is normal. The stand doesn't inspire a ton of confidence. It is perfectly fine for a stationary TV on a table/flat surface but you definitely do not want to transport it anywhere with the stand still attached.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-14-2014, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
Mine wobbles too, I'm assuming because you can tilt it side to side. It's a little more than I would like, but it's not going to fall off the stand or anything just sitting there.
This is literally what happened to me 2 weeks ago so no, do not trust the stand.

The stand was re-installed about 4 months ago and the TV had been sitting in place on an entertainment cabinet since then. We were watching TV, and all of the sudden it just came crashing down. Now Samsung says the damage isn't covered under the warranty because it happened due to user negligence, for not noticing that the cheap ass stand was giving in over time. >.>

There's plenty of similar stories on other forums, so I suggest you find a more stable solution such as mounting or at least use straps, because the stand truly is a piece of crap and these plasmas are way too heavy for it.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-14-2014, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I've only had mine two days, but the first thing I noticed is that the stand is wobbly. My setup is in a stable location where it's never moved, so I'm not too worried about it. But I wouldn't trust it at all if it was in a place where it needed to be moved even infrequently. Disappointingly cheap design that could have been made much better with very little effort. If you over-tighten the screws I can see serious risk of stripping the threads. Just curious where the typical failure point is and if there's an easy fix?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page