Replacing a Fujitsu P50XHA30WS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-20-2014, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Replacing a Fujitsu P50XHA30WS

I need help from people much more versed in AV than myself. I have a Fujitsu P50XHA30WS that was given to me by my father in law. When the military moved me they dropped the TV recently and broke the casing. They can't find replacement parts so they are offering to replace it with a LG 50PN6500. Is this a fair trade or am I getting swindled. I know the LG is much newer but I also know the Fujitsu was the cream of the crop in its day and the LG is at the bottom end of the tier.

Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

anyone?
post #3 of 6 Old 08-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHknWing View Post
I need help from people much more versed in AV than myself. I have a Fujitsu P50XHA30WS that was given to me by my father in law. When the military moved me they dropped the TV recently and broke the casing. They can't find replacement parts so they are offering to replace it with a LG 50PN6500. Is this a fair trade or am I getting swindled. I know the LG is much newer but I also know the Fujitsu was the cream of the crop in its day and the LG is at the bottom end of the tier.

Thanks for the help
Sounds like you already answered your own question....get them to go for the Samsung 51" 8500. If they will not see if you can get any of the Samsung models. Was your Fujitsu full 1080p?
post #4 of 6 Old 08-21-2014, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The PN6500 isn't their 2014 model. I think the 50PB6650 is this year's equivalent. I doubt there would be much difference but they are nearly the same price.

Is it better than your old Fujitsu? It should be. But there are better plasma models from Samsung like the F8500.

The 50PN6500 is really cheap while the "cream of the crop" 51" F8500 costs nearly three times as much. There are cheaper Samsung 51" plasma models.

It depends on whether they're trying to replace like for like for the product's qualities or the product's original market position.

Last edited by homerging; 08-21-2014 at 01:05 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-21-2014, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerging View Post
The PN6500 isn't their 2014 model. I think the 50PB6650 is this year's equivalent. I doubt there would be much difference but they are nearly the same price.

Is it better than your old Fujitsu? It should be. But there are better plasma models from Samsung like the F8500.

The 50PN6500 is really cheap while the "cream of the crop" 51" F8500 costs nearly three times as much. There are cheaper Samsung 51" plasma models.

It depends on whether they're trying to replace like for like for the product's qualities or the product's original market position.
They are required to replace it with a like item product. But to me that means they would have to take the quality into account. I know you can't match apples to apples since it is so much of a time difference (in terms of production date) but what about getting close, like limes to lemons.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-22-2014, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Television technology advances, so if they're just replacing "like" without any kind of inflation for relativity, the PN6500 should perform better than your old TV in most areas. One exception I can think of that may justify an F8500 would be if your old TV performed well under glare. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on it, but I don't think any plasmas from Samsung and LG but the F8500 perform well under glare. Many plasmas are like mirrors and some are only watchable in a cave.

Did your old Fujitsu have the two optional speakers? Most new TVs with internal speakers built in have terrible sound. One Amazon reviewer says the sound on the PN6500 is "near worthless"

Black levels are better on Samsung plasmas than LGs. I don't know if the PN6500 would be much better than your Fujitsu in that area.

Last edited by homerging; 08-22-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page