1Likes
  • 1 Post By Josh128

post #1 of 5 Old 08-30-2014, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
which brand or particular model shows the cleanest image?

I have been following plasma for years...it is my preferred display tech...and yet, the pic is always noisy. I wonder if Panasonic does something to achieve better blacks which results in more noise...

I've never owned a Samsung or an LG....just Panny's and Pioneers.

I have posted a similar question before and everyone is so certain that their plasma's are noise free....well, let me assure you...if you have any panny or pioneer, they are anything but noise free! These plasmas usually have great colors and black levels....but always noisy images.

I would give up some black level to get a cleaner pic...

I have read here that a few people have commented that NEC plasmas were renowned as the cleanest and most noise free pics. Anyone else agree??

I am totally comfortable with used gear...so if an NEC of Fujitsu are the cleanest, I will keep my eyes peeled for one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-30-2014, 07:15 PM
KOF
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Not the cleanest of the bunch, but I personally found the Samsung E series plasmas relatively grain-free compared to Panasonic on average. The F8500 is also good, but isn't as grain free as the E series IMO. My current Panasonic S60 is fairly grainy, but I lucked out and got one that doesn't have much dithering. Still, on average, I consider the S60 the noisiest compared to upper models like the ST60, the VT60, and the ZT60.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-30-2014, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It's great to hear someone who owns a Panny AND sees the noise!! We have made a breakthrough

I also had an S60 and had to sell it...I thought it was the answer until I got it home and just could not get an overall clean pic from it. Perhaps I'm just more sensitive to the noise. Or because I come from a crt which is fairly clean.

I like certain lcd's for their relatively clean pics...but they just fall apart in darker scenes.

Are the e series plasmas the current model?

Ben
post #4 of 5 Old 08-30-2014, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

is the e series last years model?
post #5 of 5 Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by benareeno View Post
It's great to hear someone who owns a Panny AND sees the noise!! We have made a breakthrough

I also had an S60 and had to sell it...I thought it was the answer until I got it home and just could not get an overall clean pic from it. Perhaps I'm just more sensitive to the noise. Or because I come from a crt which is fairly clean.

I like certain lcd's for their relatively clean pics...but they just fall apart in darker scenes.

Are the e series plasmas the current model?

Ben
I suppose you are talking about dithering "noise" in plasmas? Thats just how they display varying shades and levels of colors and brightness. Theres no getting around it, in any brand. Its just the nature of the tech.
StinDaWg likes this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page