I've been getting lot of PM's on how I removed red tint on my KURO.
This step-by-step guide is for those who want to remove red tint without resetting their panels. I will not be responsible for anything that happens to your KURO.
You need these cables to connect your KURO to your PC.
Download KuroControl program:
KuroControl program for Pioneer KRP500m/600m and Elites
Lower VOL RST P to 1 and adjust voltages
1. Connect the cables, turn the tv on (using the remote), and run KuroControl program
2. Select COM3 on Serial Port
3. Click on Connect
4. Type these commands in the KuroControl to enter service menu:
Type FAY and click Send
Type FACS01 and click Send
Service menu will pop up on the KURO.
5. Press Enter button on your remote
6. Press Down Arrow button on your remote until you get to PANEL -1 ADJ (+)
7. Press Enter button on your remote.
8. Press down arrow button to select VOL YKNOFS1 D
9. Press Left or Right arrow button on your remote to lower or increase voltages.
10. Press down arrow button to select VOL YKNOFS3 D
11. Press Left or Right arrow button on your remote to lower or increase voltages.
12. Press down arrow button to select VOL YKNOFS4 D
13. Press Left or Right arrow button on your remote to lower or increase voltages.
14. Press Enter button on your remote (when your done adjusting all the voltages)
PANEL -1 ADJ (+) will be on the screen
15. Type FACS00 and click Send on KuroControl
16. Type FAN and click Send
17. Turn off KURO and turn it back on
You are done!
Make sure to write down your stock voltages first before adjusting.
Do not adjust any other settings!
Only adjust VOL RST P, VOL YKNOFS1 D, VOL YKNOFS3 D, and VOL YKNOFS4 D
Try not to go below Pioneer factory recommended voltage settings:
When adjusting voltages, make sure you do it at the same amount/distance between them up or down inside the adjustment range
You can have OLED like blacks. (You must lower the voltages below recommended settings to achieve OLED like blacks with no glow) Artifacts or other issues may appear, so adjust voltages accordingly.
Standard red tinted KRP: 30 sec exposure
Tweaked KRP: 30 sec exposure, adjusted to OLED like levels, no glow
My factory voltage settings:
VOL SUS: 128
VOL OFFSET: 113
VOL RST P: 003
VOL XPOFS1: 085
VOL XPOFS2: 063
VOL YKNOFS1 D: 138
VOL YKNOFS3 D: 128
VOL YKNOFS4 D: 149
VOL YKNOFSA D: 128
New voltage settings: (Red tint removed and minimum glow)
VOL RST P: 1
VOL YKNOFS1 D: 88
VOL YKNOFS3 D: 78
VOL YKNOFS4 D: 99
Pioneer 8G 9G Kuro Reset Guide
Thanks to pg_ice, makaveddie81, shockfett, hitman, and others.