Q: Panasonic ST60 optical out locking problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-15-2014, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Q: Panasonic ST60 optical out locking problem

Hi everybody. Haven't been very active on the site for ages, but now there's something that I want to ask.

My current display is the European version of the Panasonic 50ST60. For practical reasons I am now using just an analog stereo system and have no place for a proper AV receiver. So it was a little difficult to find a good way to connect my TV to the speaker system since there's no stereo RCA out on the plasma. What I ended up doing is to use the optical Toslink output from my TV and connect it to an external DAC (E-MU USB 0404 which I had already) which is then connected to the stereo amp with normal RCA leads.

However, my minor problem with this setup is that often the TV's optical output does not lock to the DAC until I change it. No matter if I have the SPDIF output set at "PCM" or "Automatic", I have to change it to the other one to get an optical lock and a sound. Admittedly that's not a big deal when watching for example a longer movie. But when one is watching shorter programs (like now a series of some 20 minute programs on Netflix), it becomes a nuisance to have to do it for every single episode.

Any idea if there's a setting somewhere to avoid this? I'm not planning to buy any new gizmo for this setup since within a year I'm moving to a place where I can fit a proper AV receiver with HDMI inputs.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread - 50ST60. by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page