Is it my logic board or my panel? Samsung plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2014, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is it my logic board or my panel? Samsung plasma

I have the PN51E7000FFXZA and purchased it in 03/13 thinking I was buying a Samsung which would mean that I would have a TV for many years to come. Well turned it on the other day and now I have a vertical line going through the picture that is colored (depending on what is on the screen). From what I can tell online it's either the logic board or the panel (I've been trying to figure it out cause I could actually do the repairs myself if I could get the part). The more I research the more it seems it is the panel which would mean I may as well get a new TV. Well seeing as how I'm now disabled I won't be able to buy one so I basically have a big ol brick.

The person I spoke to at Samsung basically told me "too bad" and offered to have a tech come out to repair it but I would have to pay for everything. I mean judging from what I read these TVs all seem to go out right after the warranty period. You can't even buy this panel anymore since Samsung requires you use a substitute panel when replacing this one which tells me they know they made a faulty panel but aren't going to own up to it. I've attached pictures, has anyone else had this problem. What's the best way to handle Samsung?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3932.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	396618   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3934.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	396626