AVS Forum banner

My F8500 has gone missing from BestBuy Truck.

539 views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  HLdan 
#1 ·
Greetings.

I need some thoughts on a disaster Im going through. I found a Samsung 64" F8500 Plasma from BestBuy last week for $1500. It was the display model and did not have the stand. I purchased the tv and was scheduled to have it delivered yesterday (Friday 5th.)

Now the craziness begins........the TV went missing from the truck that was delivering it from the store to the warehouse for delivery. It just simply disappeared.

The store is offering to give me back my $1500, but I want a F8500. The problem is that BestBuy is out of stock and can not locate one anywhere.

Is there a TV out there that is on par with the F8500 quality or should I push hard for them to pay for a brand new F8500 from a different company?

Thanks

#2 ·
The F5300 is half the price and probably easier to find and offers quality that is likely as close as you're going to find to the F8500. It doesn't have 3D or Smart features and the PQ might be a hair less than the F8500 depending on your room, but like I said, it's also half the price.

That's very strange about the truck though. I reckon somebody delivery person is going to lose their job over that one. Last time I checked, 60 inch TV's don't just disappear. This ain't The X-Files. :D

#3 ·
Really feel sorry for you. This actually sounds like something that came out of a heist movie. I would really get on em and go all the way up to a store/ district manager if you have to and push for a new set. Ask em what else was stolen from the truck as well cause if it was only your 8500 then this would make it even more suspicious and possibly an inside job.

#5 ·
If it wasn't an endangered species I'd bet on just a mistake and it would be found. Since it is endangered I'd bet on, well, you know.

#6 ·
Likely you'll never get more than your $1500 back from BB. I'd replace it with a 64H5000, which should be available for $1300. You're still getting an excellent TV for use in a light controlled setting, but with a much more reflective screen and poorer daytime viewing if light is a problem.

#7 ·
very simple...unfortunately item disappeared, well because somebody wanted it, and b you will only get your 1500 back from BB. sorry for this mishap....

#8 ·
****e happens, but someone at BestBuy should really step up. Amazon would give you at least $100 credit to find something else. They are still getting a small amount of inventory and no doubt will have some returns and cancellations as people play them against Amazon. My advice is tell them to find you one. While at the same time keep trying to order another one through Amazon and BestBuy websites. They occasionally pop up on both. Amazon is the more trustworthy one though. If they show it available it is almost a guarantee.

#9 ·
Since it's a display model (no protective box) i bet the drivers or warehouse people broke the TV during the stock transfer and BB doesn't want to admit it. Losing it sounds less bad than Breaking it.

#14 ·
GREAT NEWS.......

So I got a call from BestBuy this afternoon. They found a F8500 - 64" display model at a store an hour way. The asked me if I could pick it up. Whilst on route they called me to let me know that they put $150 back on to my credit card.

I picked up the TV and I've hooked it up and its all good.

So i paid $1350 for my F8500.

Thanks for all the advice and help.

P.S. The screen is amazing and no noticeable buzz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.