AVS Forum banner

Samsung p58c550 purple banding

318 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  WarpedTrekker 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a Samsung p58c550 from girlfriends parents for pretty cheap, go figure it has the famous purple pink banding issue found on white scenery that I've read about on here, the TV does thankfully have a brand new panel but unfortunately issue returned after that I was told, my main questions, I found a logic firmware file on here that might offer a fix but its for a 3d model, will flashing just this file resolve the issue and if so how do we access the service menu on these TVs? Second question, this TV is obviously around 3-4 years old so I doubt Samsung will take responsibility for the flaw however I can at least put up with the banding for now, if I were to just leave it will these TVs generally still work for a long time or will it get worse, according to what Ive read it appears to be something not getting enough voltage which I imagine wouldn't get worse overtime

#2 ·
I also have the p58c550. The 3D file will not work with this TV. It will give a message like No Valid firmware file found. You need the 2D file speciifically for this TV. My TV was still in warranty through Best Buy. Geek Squad came out with the correct Logic Firmware and flashed it. It fixed the pink/purple banding on my TV, at least for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.