Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
samsung f5300 vs sony 60w630b vs lg

Hey guys im in the market for a new tv budget is $1050.00

Sony $1050.00 60w630b

Samsung 60 inch f5300 729.99

Lg 60 pb5600 $600.00

I only care about picture. I have a 40 inch sony xbr from 2010 ccfl screen and love it to death. For a ccfl screen the black levels and life like images amazing. I have never had a problem with sony. never used a samsung or lg anything in my life and not sure what to think of them as brands. I have a full theater and ps3 xbox one. I have streaming and blu ray handled.. How long will the plasma last before i have problems? I'm looking at 60 inch tv's. I can only buy the tv from sears. I have a company card paying for half of the tv price. I'm not a huge call of duty guy but i do play halo and destiny for the story line. blu ray movies is 80%n of this tv's life. Room for movies is always dark.

Two things i want to know witch one would have better screen for picture and real world life span before screen goes bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Dark room? Watch mostly Blu-ray's?

Sounds like you're going to buy an Samsung 60F5300. Buy it while you can. It's a steal at $729 and is the best deal on the market this year...or any year for that matter.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the 60f5300 coming from sears for665.00 and they had to order it. I just found out it doesn't do 1080p normal for some reason of the screen. Its a pentile screen.. Going to have to read more in to that but how can they clam 1080p if its not. I find it funny that after I paid for it in now finding bad things. I knew it wasn't the best plasma but I thought it was a good one for the picture.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Pentile is a terminology issue. Technically it's got fewer overall pixels (R,G,B combos) but it's still able to make the same number of distinguishable lines on the screen and to your eye, evaluating pictures and text, etc. it looks the same as well. You may be more likely to see a "screen door effect" up close than a non-pentile display but generally speaking if you can see it at all you're too close to the TV anyways. Simply put - in real life you won't know there was anything lacking, because results-wise there isn't.

Trust me and the other owners, when you get it home, plugged in, calibrated (look around here for that) and pop in a movie you -won't- be disappointed. Technical semantics aside you got a great TV at a great price. You won't find a better display for what you spent.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmokeyy View Post
Hey guys im in the market for a new tv budget is $1050.00

Sony $1050.00 60w630b

Samsung 60 inch f5300 729.99

Lg 60 pb5600 $600.00

I only care about picture. I have a 40 inch sony xbr from 2010 ccfl screen and love it to death. For a ccfl screen the black levels and life like images amazing. I have never had a problem with sony. never used a samsung or lg anything in my life and not sure what to think of them as brands. I have a full theater and ps3 xbox one. I have streaming and blu ray handled.. How long will the plasma last before i have problems? I'm looking at 60 inch tv's. I can only buy the tv from sears. I have a company card paying for half of the tv price. I'm not a huge call of duty guy but i do play halo and destiny for the story line. blu ray movies is 80%n of this tv's life. Room for movies is always dark.

Two things i want to know witch one would have better screen for picture and real world life span before screen goes bad.

Sheesh. Talk about great perks. If my work provided this I would have saved a boatload of money over the years

Gear in this thread - f5300 by PriceGrabber.com