PN60E530A3FXZA, help troubleshooting. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Unread Today, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy PN60E530A3FXZA, help troubleshooting.

It was manufactured in Dec, 2012. I purchased it in march, 2013 so it is not even 2 years old yet =(

Yesterday evening I was watching an episode of Bones and I noticed that certain bright spots had some odd artifacts. It usually manifested on light skin (read white people), and easily noticed on their faces where the studio lighting was more than likely hitting. I was upset about that of course.. but didn't want to waste the rest of my Sunday messing with it and just dealt with it for the time. A few hours after I noticed it the first time the TV just went black and shut down. When I try to power it on the red LED in the front blinks about once every 6-8 seconds-ish (I have not properly timed it).

So I get off of work today and have a buddy come help me get her off the wall and I took off the back hoping to find an obvious capacitor blown on the power board, which is not the case as far as I can tell. With the panel lying down and the back taken off I plugged in the power cord and a green LED on the logic board does a quick blink followed by a longer one (like a dot, dash), while the "dash" is happening there are 3 clicks from the power board, I can see the red glow from the optical connector for a second and the red LED on the front blinks. 6-ish seconds later it does the whole "process" again.

At no time does the panel actually light up, i just remains black. The only "interesting" and possibly telling thing I've figured out is that with the ribbon cable on the top left of the logic board disconnected (the one going to the large board on the top right of the display) I do not hear the 3 clicks from the power board and the optical connector will sometimes remain on instead of turning right back off.

I do have a multimeter, I do car audio and electronics, but I was dumb and didn't think to bring it home with me today. Ill bring it home tomorrow in case someone wants me to do some probing. I've done some researching, but the answers are all over the place and nothing about my specific TV so I figured I would ask for help before willy nilly trying to replace things.. Can't say I'm too happy with the only Samsung flat panel I have ever bought.

thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sammy.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	424497  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I just wrote down all of the PCB #s to look them up and get an idea of what is what. The ribbon cable I mentioned unplugging goes to the X-main board. When I unplug the ribbon cable to this board and plug the tv in the red LED of the front of the TV does its normal power on sequence of 6 blinks and then some seconds later goes through this process again, but I don't get the clicks from the power board.

I did end up digging up some posts on badcaps with tom66 talking to a couple of people and he seems to suggest the green LED blinking every 6 seconds or so is DRV_RESET which points to X/Y main or buffer board fault. He mentions checking some voltages which I will check tomorrow, but being that I can unplug the X-main board and the power LED acts like "normal" does this seem to be a pretty good indication that my issue lies in that board? Also, don't forget I was getting "artifacts" just before the worst happened.

Last edited by ekrboi; Today at 11:09 PM.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays