Replace My Pioneer Elite Next Summer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Replace My Pioneer Elite Next Summer

I am building a new house and will move my 50" Elite in to the bedroom. Wall over the fireplace in the new house will handle a 70 inch. Problem: I am spoiled by the black levels, no movement blurry and picture quality of my Elite and with the demise of Plasma production, looks like I am being forced in to a LED/LCD 4K of some sort. Cant afford a 65 " OLED.

Any recommendations as to a quality LED/LCD replacement? I am hoping that the CES show in January will produce a miracle with the announcement for the launch of something that has no movement blur and great color. I have to believe that I am not alone in trying to solve this issue.

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 11:47 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 502
I don't think there will be any LCD TVs announced at CES that can trump a good Plasma. I'd be mor inclined to buy a Plasma now before they're all gone, rather than wait for an LCD that probably will never materialize.

If you hurry you should still be able to find a large Plasma TV such as the Samsung 64" or 60" F8500 series, or the lower model 60" F5300 series.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...