Flickering Pixel on LG 60PB6600 - What would you do? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Flickering Pixel on LG 60PB6600 - What would you do?

Hi folks! I've had my new LG 60PB6600 for about three months and just now noticed a pixel that flickers that is about 1/3 of they way up from the bottom and 1/3 towards the center from the left edge. When the underlying image is under a certain intensity level, I can't see it. It either goes black or is doing what its supposed to do. When the underlying image is bright enough (even for normally lit faces indoors) the pixel starts to flicker white. Very annoying, especially on faces. I don't believe that it was there before.

This is a bedroom TV and at normal viewing distances, i can't see the flashing pixel unless I'm looking for it. If I get a little closer, it sticks out.

My question is this then; I'm still within my 1yr warranty so is it worth calling it in? I could live with it since it doesn't really bother me at viewing distance, but, I know it's there. Am I being overly obsessive about the image? Would *you* call it in? Is this something that they would fix/replace or tell me to live with it?

I don't mind working on the set either if I can fix this myself. Reseat all of the flexcables maybe?

Thanks everyone.

Cary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Yes, LG will replace the screen if at least one pixel is stuck or flickering. If they are out, it needs to be 3 or 5 i think. I had my panel replaced after about 2 months due to 2 stuck pixels. It is no charge. Just have your original receipt.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page