My Samsung PN50B860 malfunctioning - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question My Samsung PN50B860 malfunctioning

This great plasma has served me well for years now and it's still got plenty of life left, the picture's great and there's no sign of fading yet.

Unfortunately, I am now running into a very annoying issue. The TV sensor or something like it appears to be malfunctioning and not responding. I can't even turn it off or perform any other operations on the TV itself, let alone the remote. The sensor light flashes irregularly when this happens and the volume display inexplicably starts showing up on the screen on its own. It ramps up and then it gets to the point where the only way to get rid of the problem is to simply unplug it for a bit and then plug it back in. It's been happening more and more often.

I hope someone out there knows of a solution to this nagging problem. I'd hate to have to lug the thing to a repair shop or buy a new mainboard and put it in myself (assuming I can even find one). I don't mind those options, inconvenient as they are. The absolute worst thing is to have to pony up for a new TV when my fiancee and I are trying to save up for a house.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
malfunction , plasma , PN50B850 , pn50b860 , Samsung
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page