AVS Forum banner

Samsung K8800 plasma?

955 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  linux_rocks 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This came up here about a month or two ago and the consensus was that it was just a fake wiki post.

#3 · (Edited)
I wrote that retailer an email and ask for confirmation.

On this german article, Samsung 2015 Plasmas are mentioned, just as it was no special thing:

http://www.tvfacts.de/artikel/13255-samsung-led-plasma-tv-lineup-2015.html

I have translated the Plasma part with google translate for you:

The plasmas:

All squinting at the LED TV - except for cineastes who still pay close attention to details in the motion sharpness, color fidelity and contrast ratio. For who darkens his living room into a home cinema evening, still looks on plasma a better picture than most LED TVs. And at a better price. Of course, the new models eke out a niche, really big sizes are no longer presented.

All plasma TV series with 600 Hz Subfield offer a high refresh rate motion sharpness. According to the data previously known some models differ only in details: The plasma of the K8800 series are Full HD, Smart TV and can be in 51, 60, and 64-inch sizes. The plasma of the K5800 series also. The only difference is that the 8800 has four 3D glasses in the luggage, the 5800 only two. Certainly appear more subtle differences when the complete data sheets are available.

The above already mentioned plasma TVs K5200 K4600 and make further significant cuts. No Smart TV, no 3D in the 4600 series not even Full HD. The 5200 reach the trade, the 4600 in 43 and 51 inches in 51, 60 and 64 inches.

Correction last sentence: The 5200 will be in 51, 60 and 64, the 4600 in 43 and 51 inches.

I have contacted Samsung Germany via Facebook with that link for confirmation.

Reactions: assm0de
#4 ·
Ok this is very interesting!

The retailer answered me, about the K8800 Samsung Plasma:

Hello,

It comes as a new 2015 model in april or may

Met vriendelijke groet,

Fred Meijer

Plasmavisie
Anthonie Fokkerstraat 67
3772MP Barneveld
Tel: +31(0)342-421000
Fax: +31(0)342-415755
info@plasmavisie.nl
www.plasmavisie.nl

#5 ·
I got following Answer von Samsung (Netherlands)

Samsung Nederland Hi, thank you for this question. Unfortunally we can't give you a decisive answer. All we can tell you: in 2014 Samsung has release 2 Plasma screens for the European market. A good website for information is: http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/

Well it is not a clear: No we have exit Plasma market.

Keep your finger crossed.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.