Panasonic TCP65VT60 audio issue with streaming-help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-19-2015, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Panasonic TCP65VT60 audio issue with streaming-help

Oppo 105 audioconnection issue

Just got myOppo 105 hooked up to my Panasonic TV (TCP65VT60) and audio thru my new AnthemA5 amplifier . I am not using a preamp (hooking the Oppo 105 directly to theAnthem A5 (5 channel amp). I am not having any problems with the video or audioon playback while using it as Blurayplayer or audio player. I also have a DirectV genie hooked up into the HDMI inport on the Oppo. I have the video setup using the split A/V (HDMI 1 out asthe dedicated video out and HDMI 2 out as the dedicated audio output port. All plays and sounds great in 5.1.
My problem is that I have Amazon Instant videoand other apps such as Netflix and to get that APP streaming I had to use an Ethernetcable from my cable modem to the Ethernetinput on the back of my Panasonic TV. Ican get the video just fine and the audio thru my TV speakers. I can't figure out how to get 5.1 audioback to the Oppo to use with my Anthem amp. When I engage to play the Amazon stream I am still gettingsound from the TV signal but the Amazon video appears just fine.) The TV hasthree HDMI ports--- HDMI2 is labeled ARC. For starters I'm not sure if my HDMIcable is the 1.4 version--could this be an issue? I maybe having a brain freezebut I can't figure exactly how to get the audio back to my Oppo--any help orsuggestions very much appreciated. I hope I've explained my hookups well enoughbut if not please ask) This is probably something very simple but I am definitely stumped at the moment

Panasonic P65VT60
Oppo 105
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-20-2015, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 172
You're going to need to run an additional optical cable from your 105 to the VT60 for audio. You should use the netflix app from the Oppo itself so that you'll be able to fully utilize its video processing capabilities for better streaming picture quality. For Amazon prime the optical cable will suffice for sound and the PQ isn't that far off too
post #3 of 3 Old 02-20-2015, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
You're going to need to run an additional optical cable from your 105 to the VT60 for audio. You should use the netflix app from the Oppo itself so that you'll be able to fully utilize its video processing capabilities for better streaming picture quality. For Amazon prime the optical cable will suffice for sound and the PQ isn't that far off too

Thanks for the reply and help.

Panasonic P65VT60
Oppo 105
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread