Budget 3000 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 04-14-2015, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Budget 3000

Hi,

I have chosen to sell my audio system. It's too expensive and I'm never satisfied. I haven't sold it yet, but I expect to get 3000 euro's. I would like to invest this money in a nice tv. I don't know much about it, yet. I already have a good tv, but I want the best

So my budget is 3000 euro's. If it's below this it's fine, but at least 2000 euro's. But definately not above 3000. I live in Holland, so I can't buy every model I guess.
I'm going to use it for movies and mainly ps4 gaming. So a low lag time is needed, along with good motion picture and response time. I plan on going with 55 inch. I sit about 3 metres from the tv, but I like to sit close to the tv. The tv I have now is 47 inch, so I at least want it bigger than that.
So my main priority is a low respons time for gaming. After that I just want the best picture possible. My room is dark and and big enough ().

Now there are all kinds of tv I can go with. I want to chose between led and plasma.
From my understanding plasma is the best, especially for my situation, right? The problem is that they almost don't sell plasma's anymore here, and I want a tv that can go for a long time. I would be defistated if my screen got damaged. But from my understanding this isn't really a problem anymore with plasma? But with the led I have a lot more to choose from, and it seems the design is better.
So what to go for, plasma or led, with a budget of 3000 euro's? : I want the absolute best and no lag.

And my last question: It's not recommended to buy a tv second handed right? Maybe especially if it's plasma. If this isn't a problem with led, than maybe this will be the better option.
Another downside is that my options are really slim with second handed tv's.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-14-2015, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Oh and 4k and oled isn't the best right now right? Is it too soon to buy oled? Something like the LG 55EC930V looks verrry nice : 2700 euro's. But then again I don't know the lag or he picture quality

Last edited by Abupa; 04-14-2015 at 04:38 AM.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abupa View Post
Oh and 4k and oled isn't the best right now right? Is it too soon to buy oled? Something like the LG 55EC930V looks verrry nice : 2700 euro's. But then again I don't know the lag or he picture quality
The LG OLED in terms of raw picture quality, is unbeatable. However, as its in its infancy, there are a few issues. Most notable, the banding and clouding that occurs on certain scenes. Another one being motion handling. If you come from plasma, the LG OLED will not suffice in that area. The best option would be to wait for OLED to mature (2 maybe 3 years). Or, buy a plasma which most likely would not come with any warranty. If you go the plasma route, find a Panasonic ST60-ZT60. They all perform similarly. The Samsung F8500 is nice to but for dark room/night watching the Panasonic is a much better choice. As far as LCD vs Plasma, it depends on your viewing habits. If you watch mostly in a bright room, go LCD. If you watch in a "cinema" environment, a budget Plasma will obliterate even the most expensive LCD.

Last edited by *UFO*; 04-14-2015 at 12:00 PM.
post #4 of 18 Old 04-14-2015, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 610
i had an oled for about a week and had non of those issues. with the exception of picture size it equaled or bested my vt60.

The margin between the F8500 and Vt is razor thin imo, with the nod going to the f8500 as the better overall set.

Last edited by chunon; 04-14-2015 at 03:51 PM.
post #5 of 18 Old 04-14-2015, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
The margin between the F8500 abd Vt is razor thin imo, with the nod going to the f8500 as the better overall set.
I would give the nod to the Panasonic imo. Especially for gaming
post #6 of 18 Old 04-14-2015, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdogg93 View Post
I would give the nod to the Panasonic imo. Especially for gaming
That debate wil never end, I would have agreed with you a month but having owned both I prefer the 8500 for a couple reasons, abl performance and Ir resistance. They are both fantastic sets. I dont game so cant compare there.
post #7 of 18 Old 04-14-2015, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.

The thing is, I can't find a plasma on the internet!
Maybe wait for a second handed one. The only one I see is a panasonic tx-65vt50e for €1600, with 1100 hours watched.

So to be sure, I shouldn't be afraid that a plasma will be damaged quicker than a led or oled? And I can buy one second handed just as long as it's younger than two years or something?

Last edited by Abupa; 04-14-2015 at 04:00 PM.
post #8 of 18 Old 04-14-2015, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

When my brother heard the word plasma, he said don't buy it. Friends of his had a lot of problems with them. But then again, he doesn't have any experience.

A friend of mine bought a cheap plasma 3 years ago. He had burn in with logo's of channels and I could see the immage flikker! But they didn't. I got a headacke, but probably cause it was a cheap one.
post #9 of 18 Old 04-16-2015, 09:54 AM
KOF
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
That debate wil never end, I would have agreed with you a month but having owned both I prefer the 8500 for a couple reasons, abl performance and Ir resistance. They are both fantastic sets. I dont game so cant compare there.
I can't imagine your VT60 being worse than my Samsung F4500 in terms of IR. The F4500 was the first plasma that had image sticking going on right off the bat I had to cringe when I had to observe IRs set in in real time yet I'm happiliy using it exclusive for games. My year and a half S60 has gotten gradually worse in terms of IR occurence and resistant time but still I'm never going to stop gaming on that set. Heck even my Galaxy S5 has developed a burn in and it doesn't bother me for actual content materials at all, so plasmas are so much better in that regard still.

...and whatever Panasonic recommendation comes up, the ST60 unfortunately cannot serve his needs. It strikes a almost perfect picture balance for games unlike the VT60/the F8500, yet that's made irrelavant with its high input lag. Really too bad.
post #10 of 18 Old 04-16-2015, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOF View Post
I can't imagine your VT60 being worse than my Samsung F4500 in terms of IR. The F4500 was the first plasma that had image sticking going on right off the bat I had to cringe when I had to observe IRs set in in real time yet I'm happiliy using it exclusive for games. My year and a half S60 has gotten gradually worse in terms of IR occurence and resistant time but still I'm never going to stop gaming on that set. Heck even my Galaxy S5 has developed a burn in and it doesn't bother me for actual content materials at all, so plasmas are so much better in that regard still.

...and whatever Panasonic recommendation comes up, the ST60 unfortunately cannot serve his needs. It strikes a almost perfect picture balance for games unlike the VT60/the F8500, yet that's made irrelavant with its high input lag. Really too bad.

The Ir is more of an annoyance yes it gradually goes away, but tired of dealing with it honestly
post #11 of 18 Old 04-16-2015, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The Ir is more of an annoyance yes it gradually goes away, but tired of dealing with it honestly
No display is perfect, LCD is worse with banding and DSE, and OLED has banding and uniformity issues as well. I do believe as OLED matures it will be as close to "perfect" as any display technology has ever achieved.
post #12 of 18 Old 04-16-2015, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

I understand that, I think Oled is pretty close to perfect now.
post #13 of 18 Old 04-16-2015, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I understand that, I think Oled is pretty close to perfect now.
If you look at the owners thread, it is far from it. But definitely preferred over LCD.
post #14 of 18 Old 04-16-2015, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post
If you look at the owners thread, it is far from it. But definitely preferred over LCD.
I owned one for a week speaking from personal experience, alot of the "issues" are blown way out of proportion. It surpassed my vt60 which is saying alot
post #15 of 18 Old 04-16-2015, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I owned one for a week speaking from personal experience, alot of the "issues" are blown way out of proportion. It surpassed my vt60 which is saying alot
It depends on your eye. A huge issue for OLED is motion handling. The majority of people will say "I don't see the issue" though. I will leave it at that.
post #16 of 18 Old 04-16-2015, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

You seem to want to argue and discount my experience as invalid because I dont agree with you, believe me I am qualified to judge pq
post #17 of 18 Old Today, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

I have the option to buy the panasonic tx p60zt60e for 2700 euro's and the tx p65vt60e for 1900 euro's.
So the vt is 5 inch larger, and A LOT cheaper. I read the differences between these tv's is next to nothing. But then again, I really don't mind spending extra money.

One thing, with a budget of 3000, aren't there much better tv's available now?

Last edited by Abupa; Today at 09:23 AM.
post #18 of 18 Old Today, 05:03 PM
KOF
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abupa View Post
I have the option to buy the panasonic tx p60zt60e for 2700 euro's and the tx p65vt60e for 1900 euro's.
So the vt is 5 inch larger, and A LOT cheaper. I read the differences between these tv's is next to nothing. But then again, I really don't mind spending extra money.

One thing, with a budget of 3000, aren't there much better tv's available now?
Other than OLEDs, no. Or were you thinking of one of those vastly overated Samsung SUHDs that can't even do HDR correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page