Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD Electrical Surge Recommendations - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 5 Old 05-16-2015, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD Electrical Surge Recommendations

Hello,

Looking for a bit of help.. And possibly advice

About a week ago a transformer in front of house blew. When I got home the back HDMI inputs (4,5 and 6) were not working on my display. The Display would just stay black. The side HDMI input (3) is working.. Now tonight the unit started shutting off. If I leave unplugged for a bit it will work again for an hour or so..

Any ideas on if this is fixable?

What do i replace this thing with... Something about the picture on these TVs I would really hate to leave it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry to bump this... I may buy a AWW1371. Are these hard to replace, or am i going down a bad path. The shutting off thing is what is really worrying me.. Can the Main Assy cause this to shut down after an hour of use?

What kinda sucks is all my electronics fried in the house.. And the guy the insurance sent is telling me every TV on the market is capable of producing the same if not better picture.. I paid extra on my home insurance to be sure i would not go through this headache..

His best comment... "Plasmas were over rated, especially the Pioneer, you wasted your money"
post #3 of 5 Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg23 View Post
Sorry to bump this... I may buy a AWW1371. Are these hard to replace, or am i going down a bad path. The shutting off thing is what is really worrying me.. Can the Main Assy cause this to shut down after an hour of use?

What kinda sucks is all my electronics fried in the house.. And the guy the insurance sent is telling me every TV on the market is capable of producing the same if not better picture.. I paid extra on my home insurance to be sure i would not go through this headache..

His best comment... "Plasmas were over rated, especially the Pioneer, you wasted your money"
My first guess it could be the power supply. If that is the case, the cost to repair will not be too much. $300 for the part, and whatever the labor cost. I wouldn't tolerate what the insurance adjuster said and would notify the company about the demeaning tone he took. These adjusters want to give the least amount of money possible when dealing with a claim. Demand a second adjuster. Show the person this link that shows the actual price when they came out if you have a policy that offers full replacement value. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...sma/PDP-5020FD

Last edited by wxman; Yesterday at 10:35 PM.
post #4 of 5 Old Today, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg23 View Post
... Something about the picture on these TVs I would really hate to leave it...
Organic and life like

Thats the words to describe a picture from the Kuros.
No other TV has it Thats why they are special.

i hope you get it sorted out
post #5 of 5 Unread Today, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

The severity of the situation just kicked in after watching 5 minutes of “Marco Polo” on my new Samsung 4k LED with silly bend in the middle.
I knew right away when I powered that dam thing on and I saw bright spots in the corners..

At least its really, really bright in dynamic mode. This is giving me some added light to see the inner guts of my Kuro as I am looking for burnt spots or blown capacitors.
Not too many TV repair places in town now. And the ones I talked to said its not possible to get parts.

Id love to try to fix my TV.. As I said earlier HDMIs on back are not working.. These are part of MAIN ASSY, and when I do watch the TV using the SIDE HDMI, after an hour it shuts off..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page