plasma fans: LG pb6500 or just get an LCD? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old Today, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
plasma fans: LG pb6500 or just get an LCD?

My UT50 is dead thanks to my 2 year old. I'm a plasma fan, should I get one of the last remaining scraps, probably an open box LG PB6500, or have LCDs improved motion enough I should just get an LCD?

My impression of LCDs is that I still have to enable some motion smoothing to get good motion, is that still true? I care more about film-looking motion than deep blacks.

Budget is sub $1000 so buying a used Panasonic plasma isn't an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Today, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong View Post
My UT50 is dead thanks to my 2 year old. I'm a plasma fan, should I get one of the last remaining scraps, probably an open box LG PB6500, or have LCDs improved motion enough I should just get an LCD?

My impression of LCDs is that I still have to enable some motion smoothing to get good motion, is that still true? I care more about film-looking motion than deep blacks.

Budget is sub $1000 so buying a used Panasonic plasma isn't an option.
I saw my friends LG PB5600 yesterday and was impressed despite owning a F8500 myself. If you can find one of the last LG/Samsung plasmas open box, I'd jump on it. LCD's still have motion issues save for maybe some for the higher end models.
post #3 of 4 Old Today, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Praino View Post
I saw my friends LG PB5600 yesterday and was impressed despite owning a F8500 myself. If you can find one of the last LG/Samsung plasmas open box, I'd jump on it. LCD's still have motion issues save for maybe some for the higher end models.
Thanks, good to know - the PB5600 i was eyeing just sold, arggh. There's a few refurbs floating around, I need to grab one before even those are gone!
post #4 of 4 Old Today, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Dell.com is selling a new 60" LG PB6650 plasma for $799.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A7851732
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays