Samsung 60" F8500 $2000 CAD - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By wxman

post #1 of 7 Old 07-19-2015, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Samsung 60" F8500 $2000 CAD

Should I grab a samsung 60" F8500 for only $2000? I can probably haggle this a little too and get it dropped a bit further. Or should I just wait for OLED to become more mainstream? I'm not in urgent need for a TV, but would like to grab the samsung if it's worth it because they're disappearing from the market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-19-2015, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dany1234 View Post
Should I grab a samsung 60" F8500 for only $2000? I can probably haggle this a little too and get it dropped a bit further. Or should I just wait for OLED to become more mainstream? I'm not in urgent need for a TV, but would like to grab the samsung if it's worth it because they're disappearing from the market.
Is it new or used? If used, IMO, it's never worth more than half it's original price.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-19-2015, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Is it new or used? If used, IMO, it's never worth more than half it's original price.
Brand spanking new.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-19-2015, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dany1234 View Post
Brand spanking new.
That's a good price! That's basically what it was going for when they were still in production. No LED for that price can beat the F8500. The only drawback is that for some reason the 60 inch models have more buzzers than the other sizes. Not saying that one will be one of them, but worth noting. I agree with OLED. There are some bugs to be worked out, and right now the only one close to that price is the LG 9300, but that has a curved screen. I'm not a fan of the curve.
KONICA TECH likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-20-2015, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Since it pretty much smashes any NEW TV you could buy on the market today for $2000, sure why not
post #6 of 7 Old 07-23-2015, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 33
If its brand new, that's a fair deal.
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 1291
if you want/need a new tv now, yes, get it. you won't find better for the same or less.

if this is an impulse buy based on the dismal future and what appears to be a good price, i guess then it depends how much spending 2k will affect you. i still HOPE that future oled will improve on what we're seeing now, and what we're seeing now is WAY better than early plasma was. so i'm still optimistic that future oled can surpass the best plasmas, eventually.

on the other hand, if 2k isn't a big deal, the f8500 is probably the most well rounded plasma ever made. so if it quickly ends up in the living room, bedroom, kids rec room, or wherever, it'll still do a fantastic job.

i've had my regrets on whether or not i should have tried a vt60/zt60 at home before settling on the f8500, but with a move coming up in my near future, i'm planning on a dedicated space with just a projector in the basement, and using the f8500 in the living room next to some large windows. at this point, i'm very happy i got the f8500 because i know it will still excel in those conditions

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page