Pioneer Kuro Purchase - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old Today, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer Kuro Purchase

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting at AVS, but I've been reading the forum posts as part of my research before purchasing a new flat panel and have found the advice and insight here valuable. If for any reason I'm posting in the wrong place, please accept my apology in advance.

I'm still considering OLED, but have been strangely drawn to the idea of purchasing a used 9G Pioneer Kuro instead, despite the age.

Currently I have 2 9G Kuros that I am considering:

1) A PRO-151FD with 9,000 hours and according to the seller, in 'like new' condition (with speakers, stand, original remote, etc.) for $1,300 firm.

2) A PRO-141FD with 150 hours, 3 months old that was a warranty replacement by Pioneer with 21 months warranty remaining according to the seller for $3,000 (likely with some wiggle room to come down a couple hundred I think).

I've attached a photo showing the hours reportedly on the 141FD.

My questions are two-fold, first off, am I crazy to consider one of these instead of investing in OLED or another newer technology? And more importantly in the immediacy, if you were choosing between the two Kuro options listed above, which of the two would you recommend (if either)?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	1082154  
Sponsored Links