LG 60PK550, no picture, no sound, screen glows slightly… - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-06-2015, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
LG 60PK550, no picture, no sound, screen glows slightly…

When this unit it powered on the tv blinks white for less than a second then appears to turn off, although the tv stays on while the panel is very dim/slightly glowing.
The tv doesn’t have any sound or picture. No sound by itself or plugged into a cable input. The tv responds to the remote and hand touch panel actions resulting in standby led light blinks, nothing will happen on the display nor sounds.

The only thing I found that helped with further diagnosis was the logic board jumper test.
Test results show thin green vertical lines that are dispersed on the test screen display. They are dominant in many of the screen tests. I am thinking this may be a fatal issue with the actual panel itself. OR could it be a faulty logic or mainboard? Since I did receive test patterns with the mainboard disconnected that would be the fault correct? Although the test result now with mainboard disconnected show vertical lines in the pattern test sequences…logic board? Panel?

I was leaning more toward the logic board or mainboard, although now with these vertical line results, I might be at a total loss?
Any opinions from some plasma gurus would be appreciated, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays
Gear in this thread