Panasonic ZT60: audio output lags behind video for broadcast TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-21-2016, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Panasonic ZT60: audio output lags behind video for broadcast TV

I'm a long time lurker, and I've learned a lot from reading these forums. But not enough to figure out how to fix the following problem.

I have a Denon 3313 AVR and a Panasonic ZT60 plasma display, which I had been using as a monitor only until recently. Last month I dropped cable and added a pair of rabbit ears, so now the Panasonic is a source (for live TV) as well as a display.

The problem is that, when watching live TV with audio routed through the Denon, the audio lags behind the video by a noticeable amount. The lag is variable; certain channels are worse than others. The delay is maybe 50ms--it's hard to say for sure, but it's enough to be annoying. This happens whether I use HDMI ARC or the optical output to get the audio to the AVR. If I use the TV's internal speakers, the audio and video are perfectly in sync (but that's obviously not what I want to do).

The Denon has the ability to delay the audio, of course, but there's no way to add a "negative" delay. And there's no way to delay the video on the Panasonic. (Is that ever a thing?)

I have tried modifying every setting I can think of to get this to work. The HDMI auto lip-sync feature doesn't seem to have any effect at all. I've tried to turn off all the audio processing I can to remove any delay introduced by the AVR. Nothing seems to help.

The other sources attached to the Denon (an Oppo Blu-ray player, a Roku) don't exhibit this problem, which is why I think this is an issue with the Panasonic, but I'm willing to blame the Denon instead if that seems more likely. I just want a way to correct it.

Any ideas? Please help!

Last edited by icylucifer; 01-21-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2017, 10:19 AM

I realize this is an old thread, but I have been having the exact same problem with my Panasonic P60GT50 for a couple years now. It's happened with both of my Onkyo receivers. I use ARC over HDMI for the audio. Did you ever figure this out?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2017, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

I never did find a solution for this issue, no. Almost all of my "television" these days is streamed through my Roku, so I only experience the problem a few times a year, when I really want to watch something live. If I used the antenna more, I'd be looking a lot harder for a solution... probably wondering whether it was a good excuse to upgrade to a 4k display!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page