The truth is out there... NeoPDP - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-17-2016, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The truth is out there... NeoPDP

i,

I'm struggling to find out if the NeoPDP panels introduced on the PF12 series Panasonic Pro models are a genuine step back in quality from the panels used in the PF10 and PF11. Most seem to agree that they are brighter, and the reduction in power consumption is there to see. Those are obvious benefits.

What I would like some information on is, is it the introduction of these early version NeoPDP panels into the PF12 that causes issues with 50Hz material or was it the later NeoPDP panels that supported 3D that saw the start of these issues? There are various threads commenting that the 600Hz processing is not best fit for 50Hz material (this being the majority of my viewing). this would cause me issues.

I have recently read the thread about the black levels being adjusted after certain hours, on many of the Panasonic models. It seems to be the 2009 consumer models. Can anyone confirm if these issues exist on the commercial PF series?

I've been holding off on purchasing a second user PF12, until someone who has used / calibrated these panels can comment. I realise that any comment would be subjective.

I still have a TH-50PF10, which has gamma and CMS calibrated, and the picture quality is wonderful, but I would not want to take a step back if the PF12 suffers from issues introduced by the NeoPDP panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Lee

Last edited by lscolman; 03-17-2016 at 02:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-25-2016, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone able to comment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version