Panasonic VT50 with movable "smudge" - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Panasonic VT50 with movable "smudge"

Hey guys,

Looking for some opinions on an issue I'm having. I have a "smudge" in the center of the screen and it can be moved with a cloth. It appears very similar to liquid when massaging it. It won't go away completely, it just re-locates slightly. Any ideas what it is? I can only see it from extreme angles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenVariety View Post
Hey guys,

Looking for some opinions on an issue I'm having. I have a "smudge" in the center of the screen and it can be moved with a cloth. It appears very similar to liquid when massaging it. It won't go away completely, it just re-locates slightly. Any ideas what it is? I can only see it from extreme angles.
Have you used a liquid to clean the screen, a lot of Windex or similar? The liquid that collects at the bottom of the screen 'wicks' up between the display panel and the glass/plastic outer cover. BUT, it usually shows as a smudge/blob starting and growing from the bottom of the screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays