TV decision advice. (st60 vs Elite LCD) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Unread 12-02-2016, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TV decision advice. (st60 vs Elite LCD)

Hey guys, im having trouble deciding between 2 tvs i can buy locally. im looking at either a 65st60, or a Sharp Elite 70". Both tvs are in great condition, with supposedly no problems. st60 has 3500 hours used. Between the two, which one would you go for? i currently own a panny 50s64. im just looking to go bigger with better black levels and overall picture quality. not sure if the st60 would be a big enough step up in picture quality compared to my s64 and possibly Elite?.

Any help is greatly aappreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
i've never seen the elite in person, it's supposedly is one of the best lcd's ever made, and up there with the best tv's ever made. but i would still say that it's a gamble. if you are at all sensitive to uniformity issues, the elite may still present some haloing and other backlight issues.

the st60 is a phenomenal tv, and the only way to get significantly blacker is to go oled.

ideally, you should bring some demo material and view both tv's, but if that's not an option, i would go with what i KNOW to be good, and get the st60. i've tried other lcd's that were highly rated, and i always found issues with uniformity that ruined the experience for me

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1130K, 7.1/5.1.2 audio
Sources: HTPC(Enby), PS3, XBOX360, Wii
Control: Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays