Roku Black Level off on Pioneer Plasma - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-11-2016, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Roku Black Level off on Pioneer Plasma

Just wanted to share something I found out using my Roku box. I just picked up a Pioneer PRO-101FD plasma with low hours here local. Gorgeous picture! I had no idea these were really this good.

Anyways I hooked up my Roku 3 and the PS4 to the set. I first launched the Roku and jumped into Netflix to see the quality. The picture was nice but the black level seemed more of a really dark grey. I was worried that this was the darkest the Pioneer set would reach.

Then I started the PS4 and launched Netflix. Wow, what a difference! Blacks were perfect. Solid picture. I went back to the Roku/Netflix and again dark grey. There isn't much you can change in the Roku picture quality settings so that was out. No HDMI options for color.

I googled Roku 3 black color problems and sure enough there are other complaints that on certain sets the Roku exhibits dark grey instead of black. The whole picture looks kind of washed out. No know fix as of yet and I dont know if the new Roku 4 units have this issue. Anyways thought I would share the experience. If you have a Roku 3 and a plasma set take a close look at the black level and see if it really is a true black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays