PS4 slim handshake issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-29-2017, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 44
PS4 slim handshake issue

I just bought a PS4 slim to use on my 5 year old plasma. When a lot of activity occurs there are audio cut outs. We tried it on two other tvs in the house that are Led tvs and no cut outs. We also have an Xbox one that doesn't cause it on the plasma.
We only have the older non 2.0 hdmi cables. Btw we tried three diff of these older but working hdmi cables on the PS4 with the plasma and they all caused audio cuts.
I'm wondering why there is only this issue between the PS4 slim and the Panasonic Plasma. Any suggestions?
Does anyone think I need to get a 2.0 hdmi for this? Maybe the bitrate or bandwidth on the PS4 is more than the older Xbox one emits and I need a 2.0 hdmi to handle the load from the PS4 slim to the plasma?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-30-2017, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1479 Post(s)
Liked: 825
If your TV/AV receiver cannot handle 2.0 than it is pointless to buy a 2.0 HDMI cable. PS4/TV has all sorts of problems. Here are some tips, a lot more can be found on the net.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarch.../#313612ec1e25
post #3 of 6 Old 01-30-2017, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
It's not a pro. It's a slim

post #4 of 6 Old 01-30-2017, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Slim is the Slim version of the Pro. When the Pro has problems the Slim will have problems to. Lots of info in the Pro link can help when you own the Slim. My guess is that the Plasma needs some updates in which case you are screwed since it will get no longer updates. Some of the things you can do: try different HDMI input, re-check Slim settings, Slim factory reset, connect the Slim directly to the TV.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-30-2017, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post
The Slim is the Slim version of the Pro. When the Pro has problems the Slim will have problems to. Lots of info in the Pro link can help when you own the Slim. My guess is that the Plasma needs some updates in which case you are screwed since it will get no longer updates. Some of the things you can do: try different HDMI input, re-check Slim settings, Slim factory reset, connect the Slim directly to the TV.
The slim is just that. Slim. Its not the pro in any way. The pro has totally different hardware.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-30-2017, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchobo View Post
The slim is just that. Slim. Its not the pro in any way. The pro has totally different hardware.
Are you saying stuff like set-up, menu, controllers, inputs/outputs etc..have nothing in common? Are completely different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page