Can't Access a Start Timer Option! I'll buy Pizza!! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can't Access a Start Timer Option! I'll buy Pizza!!

Hello! If you're reading this, hopefully this intrigues you or you know what problem I'm having.

I specifically purchased a Samsung UN40H5003AFXZA (40inch tv) because it seemed to be what I needed for my project. I'm building a home theater and had the bright idea to have purchased a tv, turn it on its end with an on timer that would cycle through hundreds of movie posters- think much larger digital picture frame that acts as a lighted poster box! Anyway, I do my research, find out this tv has what I'm looking for. Test it and find that it displays my pictures in jpeg form from 2 different methods...using the Source button/ using the Media button. So far it seems to work! Through both of those, I'm able to start a continuous loop and play my files and even adjust the speed at which the pictures cycle. Then I get to work setting up the on timer. Things are looking great until I go to select the source, following the instructions clearly laid out in the manual, and for some reason after selecting 'usb' from the menu, the Photo option is greyed out...it doesn't recognize my pictures? But it does in the other two ways. So to clarify, I can get what I want from the two other options on the remote, but going through the menu button>Settings>Time>Start Timer>Source it doesn't find the photos.

I've reached out to tech support at Samsung (no help because we hardly understand each other) my tech support at work and some of my tech-friendly friends and no one seems to be able to help.

What I've tried already: Trying 3 different USB thumb drives, tried formatting them differently, tried changing the types of Jpegs (jpg/jpeg), tried changing the name of the folder the pictures are in, and even tried changing the model number of the tv as suggested on this forum. What can I do guys?!

With much thanks and gratitude, I'll personally buy throw you a pizza party if you help me figure this out. Thanks!!!!!

The CUJO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1649 Post(s)
Liked: 1587
i unfortunately can offer no help to your desired project, but...

if you haven't already looked into this, I really think you should consider it. It's a surprisingly intuitive and powerful program, although it does require a little bit of upkeep.
MoviePoster - Virtual movie poster display software.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1130K, 7.1/5.1.2 audio
Sources: HTPC(Enby), PS3, XBOX360, Wii
Control: Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays