Pioneer Kuro pdp 5080hd needs help! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-2017, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Pioneer Kuro pdp 5080hd needs help!

Love my old Kuro and depending on your suggestions, I really want to try and fix it if I can. There is no proper repair shops close by either.

Symptoms - after being on for anywhere from 1-3 hours it will begin to show color blur and it rapidly gets worse the longer left on. I can turn it off and wait awhile and repeat the process. It "feels" like it may be a heat issue because it only started this summer and I can no longer hear my fan come on at all. I'll attach a picture but any questions please ask if you think you may be able to suggest a fix.

EDIT: left out some important info. After I turn it off when it gets corrupted, I get 6 blinking RED lights code.

http://imgur.com/a/vhnVn

Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyPoorKuro.jpg (927.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by AVSKOOKUM; 08-11-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-12-2017, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 28
According to page 64 of the 5080 service manual 6 red flashes indicates a faulty Y Drive Assembly board, I don't have any experiance replacing this part but hopefully it points you in the right direction.

The service manual can be downloaded at https://elektrotanya.com/pioneer_pdp.../download.html

Towards bottom of the page it'll say "This file is downloadable free of charge: processing" this will eventually change to a clickable download link. (after about 1 minute).
post #3 of 3 Old 08-12-2017, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Mathesar, that is VERY helpful!

Its a bit intimidating for a rookie, so I'm going to pour a pot and study it for awhile to see how hard it would be to get at the Y board. I did read somewhere here (on a different brand of plasma) that there can be issues with cold solder joints cracking and that once opened you should be able to see and repair those joints. The other option I guess would be to replace the Y board but hunting one down may not be easy now.

Thanks so much for starting me off. I didn't even have the guts to open it up before and now I do ....maybe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page