Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 2138 Old 04-11-2006, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic 50px-60U!

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model".
Recommendations on this site, reviews, known quality of Panasonic PDPs

3. What you like best about your Plasma.
The size! 50inches is great. DVD Pic Quality is fantastic as well. SD is suprisingly okay.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma.
A lil too much silver in the bezel. Remote is okay only.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had.
PiP, hdmi input in front panel

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.
Change the bezel design to include more black or make it all black, pref piano black!

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma.
The SIZE! Setup was a breeze. How slim it really is and it looks much bigger at home than in store. How quiet it is when it's on.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma.
None so far. *knocks on wood* I bought an EW.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.
Yes, I got a pretty good deal on it.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.
Definitely recommend this PDP, especially since the price has gone down from last year's models. If you can spring for it get the 5060HD from Pioneer but it's 1500 bucks msrp more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2138 Old 04-12-2006, 07:47 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Vizio P50"

2. Price, and Costco guarantee.

3. PQ is incredible. Also, 2 HDMI inputs (cable box and upconverting DVD)!

4. Burn-in has already started. I've had the unit 1 day. I turned on ESPNHD and the ESPN logo was on the side bars. I went to the kitchen for a drink, came back 2 minutes later to change the channel, and the ESPN logo was ghosted. I ran the TV's white-washer and it went away. But it takes as little as 1 minute for burn-in to start. Have an email in to Vizio about it.

5. Nothing, seems to have it all.

6. Keep up the good work

7. Cable's analog channels suck, even thru the HDMI cable.

8. See #4. Also, when I change channels from a hi-def to an analog or digital channel, sometimes the sound remains on but no pic (for the digital/analog channel). When I switch the channel back to the hi-def, the pic comes back. Turning the set off/on fixes this, but it's a problem.

9. Yes, price is worth it. I paid $2299 at Costco for a 50" plasma.

10. Nope.

RB

Vizio 50" plasma
5.1 surround w/subwoof/dig audio
Comcast HD/DVR
post #363 of 2138 Old 04-12-2006, 11:30 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
Toshiba 42HP66

Price and name. Couldn't get a Panny from where I wanted to get it from and the Pioneers are too expensive

42 inches is a nice size. Probably could have 50, but not complaining. PQ is off the hook. Never watch 'regular' cable anymore.

It could be bigger, but no biggie. Image Rentention worries me, but it goes away very quickly.

Nothing more. Some folks want a cable card, but I use the TWC HD DVR box so I'm set.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.
I like the look so nothing....

Setup was easy. The change from Panny to LG for the glass caught me a little off guard.

The image rentention deal and on some HD channels, I see a little flicker. Leads me to believe it's the signal, not the TV.

Like someone said...it would be good to wait, but you can wait forever. Unless they are free, they'll always be cheaper in couple months...

Wonderful set and the price is very good.
post #364 of 2138 Old 04-14-2006, 05:14 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH-50PX60

Reputation, reading the web, and Q/A with the salesguy.

50 inches is a nice size. PQ is off the hook. Never watch 'regular' cable anymore. HD ready with the ATSC and QAM tuners.

Price. Image Rentention worries me, but I haven't seen any yet. Touch Wood.

One more regular cable connection, so I could use the OTA and regular cable without having to physically switch the connection.

The looks of the set itself could be better, for an expensive set it could come with the nicer R/C. The one that came with the set is FUGLY and cheap.

I did allot of research, so I haven't had any surprises yet.

None

Could lower (as always) but for the technology you get, not a bad price. The Canadian pricing are excessively high.

Wonderful set, plasma is a kick-arse technology.
post #365 of 2138 Old 04-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

[quote=PANA50PX60]1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH-50PX60

One more regular cable connection, so I could use the OTA and regular cable without having to physically switch the connection.

You can buy a switcher for #5

Cheers!
post #366 of 2138 Old 04-14-2006, 08:14 PM

I recently purchased the Panny 50PX 60U and couldn't be happier. This is my second 50" plasma I've bought from Chris at Cleveland Plasma. I can't say enough about the time and patience Chris has extended to me on both my purchases. I went back and forth trying to determine which 50" to buy and so far I'm very happy with the Panny. Initial impressions: Extremely simplistic menu/settings. Even the remote is very well layed out. I'm very happy with the picture via sattelite or DVD . Thanks to the whole AVS forum crowd for the info and insight that led to my purchase and thanks again to Chris Majaros of Cleveland Plasma for all his help.
post #367 of 2138 Old 04-17-2006, 05:58 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH-37PX60U

The picture quality was far and above everything else in this screen size range.

I cannot believe the clarity, color, and blacks. Some shots have a "3D" look to them the depth is so great.

Wish the setup menu had separate controls for red/green/blue. But I wish that for all TVs.

See above. Also, wish the bezel was black and there was no "space" visible between the stand and the TV.

Alter the stand to form an apron between TV and surface unit sits on. Include screensaver in setup on consumer model. Rename "picture" control to contrast. Include calibration images in setup.

How shockingly better the picture was than my week old Sharp LC-32D40OU

None.

Absolutely, yes.

post #368 of 2138 Old 04-18-2006, 09:44 AM

1. The "Model" you have. Panasonic TH-50PX60U

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model". The positive reputation of the Panasonic. The contrast ratio and the blacks look great. The two HDMI inputs. Size and weight. The Plasma stand I have only holds up to 130lbs.

3. What you like best about your Plasma. 50" is great. I am so glad I changed my mind from the 42". All of my A/V equipment is silver, the Plasma cabnet is also silver...looks great!

4. What you don't like about your Plasma. Not so much the TV but I can't wait for more channels become available in HD. Standard tv sucks.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had. Well the only option it doesn't have is a PC input. But I don't think I would have used that anyways. The main reason for this TV was for movies.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma. Good question, I'll have to come back to this one.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma. No suprise. Everything was well researched and informative purchase.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma. None so far. Crossing my fingers. My biggest concern is a dead pixel, none at this point.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. I am okay with the prices, much better than 5 years ago.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. I would recommend this display to anyone who can dish out $3g's. I really think it's a beautiful display.

David
post #369 of 2138 Old 04-18-2006, 12:49 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic 42PX60U

Reputation; Positive user comments here and elsewhere; Top-rated reviews (of previous models) by Consumer Reports and CNET; my friend's A/V consultant said the Panny was the best PQ in my price range (the exact price everyone is selling this for)

The large, clear, theater-like picture. And that it was a birthday present from my wife and adult kids. They gave me a family gift certificate good up to a certain amount. I spent it all.

How bad and stupid 4:3 SD contents looks in the Full and Just modes. I'm watching most 4:3 in Zoom. It fills the screen without distorting the picture. Of course, it cuts off the top and bottom. (The coming digital standard will take care of that)
Gray bars at the side of 4:3 viewed in 4:3. Default should be black.
No PC input. I can buy adaper/converters.
Can't find how to switch directly to a different video source. So far, I have to bring up the menu/list and choose.

Different approach or more options for enlarging 4:3 content.
The other items mentioned in #4 above.

If a break-in period of low-contrast, low brightness, no sidebars viewing is really advisable or necessary as Panasonic has written in their plasma white paper, then this should be in the user manual. That the user documentation has nothing about break-in period or how to prolong screen life makes me wonder if this is really something they think users need to know.

SRS Wow surround sound. Sunday evening, I was on the floor immediately in front of the TV listening through its built-in speakers while I completed some hookups -- and I could have sworn I heard sound coming from behind me, left and right. I don't know how that works, but it does. I prefer to listen to TV and DVDs through my audio system. But the TV's built-in sound is surprisingly good.

Only that there's not enough explanation of all the picture/color settings and what they should be. Maybe that's all subjective.

Tough question. I feel a little bad having spent this much. But I think my dream of a high quality 42-inch plasma or LCD for $1500 is still far off. When I view the cost of this TV as part of completing the new home addition in which it now sits, then the price is small. We're already enjoying the large picture -- and I haven't even upped our service to HD yet. I really enjoy the home theater experience. So to that extent, it's worth it.

With a 60,000-hr life, this TV can give me 27 years of 6-hrs-a-day viewing. I don't watch anywhere near that much TV. So I expect to own and enjoy this TV for the rest of my life.
post #370 of 2138 Old 04-21-2006, 11:43 AM

1. The "Model" you have - Panasonic TH-42PX60U

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model" - reading this forum, seeing the tv, the Panasonic Plasma reputation, etc.

3. What you like best about your Plasma - this is my first of anything other than a tube set. I am just blown away by so much.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma - worrying about "breaking it in " properly

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had - PIP

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma - Black bezel please.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma - how much watching tv feels "new" again (HD is great!)

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma - None so far

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it - Based on prices I've seen in the past, yes. Hoping though that prices will continue to go down though.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged - just a big thank you to everyone who posts here. I'm glad I found this place!
post #371 of 2138 Old 04-24-2006, 06:42 AM

Just bought a Panasonic 42PX60U on Thursday. I delivered it to my beach house, in the box Friday and set it up. SD picture quality was much better by Sunday. No HD TV source yet or progressive scan DVD player useable yet. Analysis Plus HDMI and component cables should arrive this week.
Chose this TV because of PQ and price. I even paid BB full price.

Got Tubes?
post #372 of 2138 Old 04-25-2006, 10:00 AM

I finally decided on a Toshiba 42HP95 but hadn't decided on who to order it from. My brother, who just moved to Anchorage, wanted to know all about it because he hadn't had time to look. He bought one the next day at BB and had it mounted above the mantel.
I finally got mine ordered and setup. I get HD OTA and the rest on D* UTA and he does everything over cable.
The 42HP95 has just about any feature you would want. Both of us especially like the camera card slot. Great picture.

Always ready to pull the lever on that La-Z-Boy.
post #373 of 2138 Old 04-25-2006, 10:54 AM

1. The "Model" you have - Panasonic TH-50PX60U

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model" - reading this forum, and features of TV.

3. What you like best about your Plasma - Size, picture quality, viewing angles, very nice blacks.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma - break in worries,

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had - PIP, removable speakers, more picture modes and ability to customize them differently for each input.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma - Colored bezel options through their website? Although I do like the silver on mine.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma - How much space I have in my family room after I wall mounted and threw away my old entertainment center.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma - zero

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it - Yes. Its great to see all the different TV technology and how prices are getting closer between them.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged - avsform is the greatest! Thanks for helping with my decision.
post #374 of 2138 Old 04-27-2006, 06:22 AM

1. The "Model" you have - Panasonic TH-42PX60U

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model" - AVS forum reviews, and many visits to compare at local stores.

3. What you like best about your Plasma - HD PQ amazes me - even with all settings toned down for first 100hr. Set-up for OTA reception was effortless

4. What you don't like about your Plasma - worrying about the possibility of burn-in - trying to keep the family on the break-in mode for the first couple weeks.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had - PIP, lower profile (height)

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma - If possible I would have prefered a more streamlined unit - more like the commercial models but this would have required me to invest in seperate tuner. Seems like some other manufacturers are able to design models a little less bulky visually on the bottom.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma - HD PQ looks much better at home than local B&M. Despite measuring TV just barely fit into entertainment center.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma - none so far

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it - Hard to say - it's still a huge amount of money for me to spend on a TV but I hope to get many years of use from it.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged - I was originally reluctant to invest in HD plasma since we view OTA and DVDs only. I am amazed by the PQ of OTA HD - we are 20 miles from antenna farm with channelmaster antenna in attic.
post #375 of 2138 Old 04-27-2006, 08:44 PM

So I really want a Pioneer the same as the rest of you. However not really an option as with most of for price point. So the next best cosmetically is the new Samsung. The Samsung produces the most PDP in the industry. They have a great PQ on them but I also like the Panny. I think the Panny itself though is ugly and cosmetics will make a differnece. Has anyone bought the samsung yet? If so let me know what you think.
post #376 of 2138 Old 04-28-2006, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidElix View Post

So I really want a Pioneer the same as the rest of you. However not really an option as with most of for price point. So the next best cosmetically is the new Samsung. The Samsung produces the most PDP in the industry. They have a great PQ on them but I also like the Panny. I think the Panny itself though is ugly and cosmetics will make a differnece. Has anyone bought the samsung yet? If so let me know what you think.

-------------------

You should be able to see a Samsung next to a Panny in most BB/CC to compare the PQ. I believe Panny is #1 or #2 in America, Japan and Europe, whereas Samsung dominates in Korea. Both Samsung and LG sell a lot of their displays to other vendors....

Most 3rd party reviewers would place the PQ of the Samsung well below that of the Pioneers and Panasonics. But in the end it's what appeals to you that counts.
post #377 of 2138 Old 04-28-2006, 06:00 PM

I like my Panasonic PX6OU. Looks better cosmetically over last years model. Yes, I think the Pioneers are one of the best looking. But remember, as long as your watching a movie on this TV, the picture will be what your looking at and not the frame. So, get the ugly, less pricey set and SAVE. Just keep the TV on at all times so you will not notice how bad the rest of it looks....................................................... .Just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidElix View Post

post #378 of 2138 Old 04-30-2006, 07:32 PM

I just bought my TH-42PX60U today from bb. Can someone explain what I should do about the burn in period. Please explain.

I need a good surge protector. Does anyone know about J&R "HT1010SAT3?

The DVI-HMDI cables. Do you use them from the cable companies digital converter box to your plasma? and from your DVD player to your plasma?

Does someone have the initial settings for this model?
post #379 of 2138 Old 05-01-2006, 08:58 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Pioneer Elite 1130 (50" plasma) bought from B&M in IL.

Been looking at this TV for a LONG time. Looked great in the show room and there were plenty of positive comments here at the forum. I figured I couldn't go wrong with this TV unless I wanted to save some money by buying something else.

Wanted to wait for the new 65" Panny, but could wait no longer. Price was right (down $1500 from December - used that money to buy BOSE system) and 50" was plenty big for our family room.

Spectacular colors, definition, etc. It looks cool "floating" on the wall above our perfect plasma furniture.

Nothing yet - just wonder why so many "HD" channels don't broadcast in wide screen format.

More powerful speakers - then I wouldn't have needed the Bose system.

Include longer standard warranty so I wouldn't need to buy an extended plan.

Background lighting doesn't interfere with picture quality. The room looks so much larger with the TV on the wall.

None so far.

Yes. The install prices are not worth it but the TV is!

post #380 of 2138 Old 05-08-2006, 10:54 PM
wbe

Quote:

1. The "Model" you have.

NEC-50XR5A

Quote:

Reading what all the different people had to say here at AVSforum. I consider this a good, trustworthy, neutral site for finding helpful information without a bias toward "selling" you on one model or another. Sure, you read the Panny thread or the Pio thread or the NEC thread, and folks in each rave about their panels. BUT, they are also honest and straight forward enough to admit when they are having a problem with their display and seek advice. Everyone's experiences that I read about in those threads, as well as talking to some salespeople at BB, CC, AV stores, etc, helped me to decide on the NEC. The PQ and electronics from what I've read are right up there with Pio and Panny and so far have had fewer reported problems (according to the threads I read). Not interested in stirring things up. Just noticing what I read.

Quote:

That it is finally in my house!! Watching DVD's on it, Stadium mode for SD viewing, 3yr waranty

Quote:

Hoped SD viewing would be better. Stadium mode makes SD viewing decent, but I was getting greedy and hoped it would be better. Looking forward to more HD content

Quote:

A tuner so I wouldn't have to rely on a STB for that. But I like the DVR thing, so I need the extra box anyway.

Quote:

Make them more accessible to consumers to see in person to compare to others.

Quote:

That I can't believe I spent over 3K on a TV !!

That my Omnimount CL-L cantilever wall mount with a UAL universal adapter plate actually supported the 97lb beast without sagging in the fully extended position.

Quote:

None yet. Still trying to get used to where the all the settings are located and what the heck they all do. Also, trying to "smooth" the trasition from dark color areas to lighter colors in certain scenes.

Quote:

Not quite. Another 500 to 1000 cheaper would have been more fathomable. But sometimes you just have to live it up.

Quote:

Now I think need to upgrade my DVD player, move from SD to HD Dish, condition the power... aauughhh! When does it stop?!?

Jamie at Invision Technologies (aka plasmaconnection.com) was very helpful when I bought my plasma from her. She made sure I had considered things I hadn't previously thought of before giving my "final decision" to purchase it.

"...when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."
post #381 of 2138 Old 05-09-2006, 07:15 AM

1. The "Model" you have. - HP PL4260N - 42" Plasma
2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model" - great price through a friend, and was impressed in the store
3. What you like best about your Plasma. - all black bezel
4. What you don't like about your Plasma. - SD tv doesn't look the greatest
5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had. - more component (2) or hdmi (1) inputs
6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma. - I'm not using the speakers, but they are way too big, Dumbo comes to mind
7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma. - Discovery HD & ESPN HD
8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma. - The fan can be a little annoying when the volume is low
9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. - For the price I paid, yes.
10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged - Your eyes are the best judge, I liked the picture on the HP just as much as the Panasonic, and the all black bezel with the final straw. For the price difference between the HP and the Panasonic, I'm very happy.
post #382 of 2138 Old 05-09-2006, 01:53 PM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK

REALLY CHEAP. Got it by filling out offers on a website
- my total spent was $300.00

its big. very clean looking (no speakers, tuner,etc.). its all picture and the PQ is amazing

cant think of anything i dont like. seriously.

right now i wish i had a built in tuner b/c Time Warner San Antonio doesnt carry FOX HD. i've been watching '24' all season in hd and now i have to watch it in sd. i'm pissed. but hey "almost free" plasma, cant complain.

none b/c if they included more features then that would jack the price up.

how awesome the picture looks. hdtv & dvd look amazing!

none

got mine really cheap. but i still think prices are inflated.

If you're in the market for a plasma and already have a set top box (cable or sat) and surround system then you should look hard at Panasonic's industrial line. I LOVE mine.
post #383 of 2138 Old 05-09-2006, 02:18 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoomook View Post

REALLY CHEAP. Got it by filling out offers on a website
- my total spent was $300.00

How'd you do that!?
post #384 of 2138 Old 05-09-2006, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mule65 View Post

How'd you do that!?

Nigeria?
ROFL......

My HT

In the words of English philosopher Edmund Burke, ÂAll that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.Â
post #385 of 2138 Old 05-09-2006, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mule65 View Post

How'd you do that!?

i cant post URLs. do a search for rewardsvenue.

and do a search for "plasmawinners" on yahoo groups
post #386 of 2138 Old 05-09-2006, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental1 View Post

Nigeria?
ROFL......

dont laugh man... it works i swear check the "links" i sent in my other post
post #387 of 2138 Old 05-13-2006, 01:46 PM

1. The "Model" you have. - Panasonic TH-42PX60U

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model". - Reviews from members here and elsewhere online pointed me to this set, seeing it in person & at a great price at the local B&M sealed the deal.

3. What you like best about your Plasma. - Amazing picture quality, ease of setup.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma. - All of the stretch modes for SD content distort the images too much.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had. - Another component input & PIP would be nice.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma. - Make a cleaner design & better looking stand, similar to the commercial models, however, the silver isn't as distracting as I thought it would be when watching the set.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma. - How killer Halo 2 looks in 480P on this set & how little HD content there is on cable/OTA.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma. - Not really a fault of the plasma, but none of my other universal remotes (Onkyo TX-SR503, SA 8300HD Cable Box) can emulate the 'aspect' button on the Panasonic's remote. This is the only thing keeping me from replacing the Panny's remote.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. - Most definately. I wouldn't have been able to afford a 37" plasma just a year ago for what I paid today, much less a Panasonic.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. - I probably would have regretted the purchase if I did not have a HD-compatible cable box and cable service. Although there are only a few HD channels with my current service (Adelphia in the West Palm Beach, FL area provides local OTA stations & Discovery HD with digital cable package), I find myself watching shows I wouldn't normally watch just because they are in HD.
post #388 of 2138 Old 05-14-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvToolFool View Post

4. What you don't like about your Plasma. Babes are not as impressed as I could have hoped. No fawning or swooning when they see my big ol' plasma, amps, and speakers. It's almost like that stuff isn't important to them! Go figure. They do say, "Oh my..." when they walk in the house, but I get the feeling they don't mean that in a good way.

Hilarious! Women will never get it when it comes to men and their "tech-no-gadgets" It has to be in the genes. Not that it is a better or worse issue... just different and different sometimes is good. The only thing you can hope for is to find a woman that will go along with the techie thing and not try to extract it from your being. IMHO, stay away from those that say "oh my" in a bad way... they are the ones that will not except that kind of expediture in a relationship.

Dennis[/i]
post #389 of 2138 Old 05-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoomook View Post

dont laugh man... it works i swear check the "links" i sent in my other post

Looks like www.rewardsvenue.com is out of business. Not surprised if they are giving away plasmas for $300....
post #390 of 2138 Old 05-22-2006, 12:55 PM

1. The "Model" you have.

LG 50PC3D

Really the deciding factors for this TV were the contrast ratio (10,000 to 1) & the burn-in preventative tools that it has.

It really just looks incredible. The blacks are like ink!!!

Would like to have more than just 1 HDMI input. The component still looks really good, but the HDMI which is plugged into my LG dvd player with upconversion looks sick.

Well, I'd of course like more inputs & wish it was 1080p capable...but I'm not about to spend a ridiculous amount of money on that now when nothing really broadcasts in that resolution yet.

Make the 50PC3D with the same amount of capabalities as the 50PX5D, but keep that great new XD engine and contrast ratio.

I got the 50", thinking that it was going to be a monster...after it was installed it actually didn't look as big as I thought it would. Fits perfect above the fireplace though.

I only had two problems after install. 1) My AV guy said that I had "dirty power." There would be a dark line running from bottom to top of my tv all the time. I went and bought a 3 to 2 plug converter at the hardware store though for $0.69 and that seemed to fix the problem. 2) My Xbox 360 doesn't look as good as it does on my 26" Samsung LCD. I noticed a lot of Jaggies when playing NBA 2K6.

It really depends on how much you're willing to spend and how much you enjoy having a hot entertainment center. I got my LG for $3,250.00...it looks just as good as the Pioneer and it's almost $1K less. When you consider how good the pictures are, how much space they save and all the things you can use them for besides just standard TV, then I definitely think it's worth. Well, only if you're willing to spend money on the other components (good receiver, speakers, dvd player, game system) that truly make the tv live up to the price of admission.

I'm a total hermit in the winter. I hate the cold and love the NFL, so this plasma is sure to keep me happy year round. I definitely suggest getting the LG to anyone who is looking.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Th 37lru50 37 Inch , Panasonic 37 Inch Plasma Display Th 37pr11uk , Panasonic Th 42pwd8uk 42 Inch Plasma Edtv , Lg 60pm6700 Plasma Hdtv , Lg , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Samsung 51 Inch Pn51e530 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn60e7000 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Ultra Slim Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Th65vx300u 65 Inch 3d 1080p Premiere Display , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f5300 60 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc 65ps64 65 Inch , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 3d Kit , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch
Gear in this thread - P50st50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page