OK! Your Plasma! You Tell Me! Got a new one? post it here - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 2159 Old 07-31-2006, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
1. The "Model" you have. Pioneer PDP-4271

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model". Previously owned a Pioneer PDP-4304 monitor. Knew I wanted Pioneer or Panasonic, couldn't tolerate silver bezel.

3. What you like best about your Plasma. Picture Quality

4. What you don't like about your Plasma. Having issues with Harmony remote.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had. Screen saver, screen management, etc.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your Plasma. Lose the silver trim.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma. The improvement in displaying black is remarkable (over the PDP-4304).

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma. Seemed to more or less reboot itself once during a TV Guide session.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. Yes

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 2159 Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 AM

Liked: 10
Pioneer Elite PRO-FHD1 50" Monitor.

I purchased it because it's the first 1920X1080 flat panel display I could get my hands on.

Best picture that I've ever seen on any display (and I've been installing Custom Electronics for 22 years).

Price is on the high side ($6K wholesale), but worth it.
post #453 of 2159 Old 08-03-2006, 06:57 PM

1. Samsung HP-S4253

2. This particular unit had all of the features we were wanting that met our budjet.

3. INCREDIBLE Picture Quality, in both areas (Satellite (High Definition and Standard Definition); and DVD.

4. Initial black levels. Have not done any adjusting of Picture Setting (Still in 100-hour break-in period).

5. DVI Input or 3rd HDMI

6. The biggest thing I could recomend is USE YOUR OWN EYES and RESEARCH YOUR UNIT! Anyone can say anything they want about a particular screen. Do the work, and rely on your own perceptions.

7 The High Definition Picture Quality and the Up-Converted Video coming from the DVD player.

8. None at this stage

9. The prices of today are a bit high; but, once the deadline for providing Digital broadcast approaches, the prices will fall, drastically.

10. Get a warranty with your unit; get the unit professionally installed; and adhere to the initial break-in period. If you have the means, get your plasma ISF callibrated; at the least, get yourself one of the Video Callibration DVDs that are available.
post #454 of 2159 Old 08-06-2006, 07:23 PM

1. The "Model" you have. Hitachi 42HDS69

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model". Best 42" inch image quality and highest resolution.

3. What you like best about your Plasma. Outstanding picture quality, gorgeous color, highest resolution of 42" displays.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma. Remotes lag before menu comes up and #5

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had. Manual adjustment of 16:9 cropping. One 16:9 mode shows all the original image but one channel shows giberrish on one edge from too much of the image being shown. The other 16:9 mode crops 5%.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your Plasma. See #5

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma. See #3 First words were Holy #@$*!

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma. No problems.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. Yes, it is an awesome tv with the best picture you'll see in a 42" plasma.
post #455 of 2159 Old 08-08-2006, 08:28 AM

1. The "Model" you have. Panasonic 42PWD8UK

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model". Read a lot of positive reviews, seemed to be the best "bang for my buck" within my price range. With my viewing distance (9'+) and programming (mostly digital TV & DVDs, small amount of HD), produces a great picture. With the 9UKs coming soon, I got a great deal.

3. What you like best about your Plasma. The picture is great. Even with the settings knocked back a little for the break-in period. HD programming is superb even though this is an EDTV. HD looks better on this set than other HD model I viewed in stores.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma. Wish you could adjust aspect of HD source. This feature is said to be included with the 9UK ED model, but for the price difference I can deal with it.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had. See above.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma. None at the moment.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma. The quality of HDTV on the ED monitor.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma. None so far.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. Price I paid for this Plasma was well worth it. Saved a lot over the consumer EDTV (42PD60U). Even with the seperate purchase of the stand.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. Will add more once 100 hour break-in period has passed.
post #456 of 2159 Old 08-08-2006, 01:02 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
HP PL5060

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model".
Employee discount

3. What you like best about your Plasma.
It's BIG, it's BOLD, it's BEAUTIFUL and the wife loves it

4. What you don't like about your Plasma.
I wish it didn't run so hot..... good for winter heating bills but in

summer, it adds to the heat

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had.
It's got all we wanted

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your

Plasma.
Get a better shipping department

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma.
How heavy it was
8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma.
Shipping was awful

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.
It WAS a liitle "steep" even after the employee discount

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.
Great TV!! I love the built-in features and programming for the TV
post #457 of 2159 Old 08-09-2006, 04:53 AM

1. LG 50PC3D
2. $1600(Canadian) cheaper than Panasonic 50px60u. Also, 2 year warranty.
3.Great price/performance ratio.
4.Only one hdmi input.
5.One more hdmi input.
6.Add one more hdmi input.
7.The sound. Absolutely great for a tv. I'm almost hesitant about hooking up my surround system. Almost. Regular cable looks very good as well.
8.None so far. Only my second day.
9.If it lasts as long as I hope it will then yes it was worth the price.
10.So far so good. Easy set up and after some minor tweaks looks great.
post #458 of 2159 Old 08-11-2006, 05:47 PM

1. The "Model" you have. Panasonic TH-42PX600U

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model". I was set on a panasonic 42 inch plasma, and this was the best one out there for me when it came to quality, features, look, etc. Plus I got an amazing deal thanks to my friend who researched it.

3. What you like best about your Plasma. Outstanding HD picture. Like out of control. Also, the look and the speakers are very good.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma. The fact that I have to treat it more delicately than a newborn baby.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had. After a week or so, there are no features that I'm yearning for. I guess that "pixel shifter" thingy or whatever they call it would be nice. Maybe it does have that and i dont know about it.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma. Be more open about the burn in/image retention issue. Also, I would ask them to go into more detail about what features the TV has to combat image retention, i.e.: white screen, pixel shift, etc.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma. How good standard definition tv looked. I mean its not amazing, but so much better than I had anticipated.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma. None yet.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. I wish they were cheaper, but you really do get a great picture. Whether or not its worth it, is debatable.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. I'm watching pre-season football as I write this and the picture (even with my settings low for break in) is phenomenal. I can't get over how nice it is. Only problem is that they always have that damn scoreboard up on the screen. You would think TV companies would be sensitive to the concerns of plasma owners.
post #459 of 2159 Old 08-12-2006, 12:17 PM

1. 42HDS52 -Hitachi

2. Been saving for 7 months for it, plus circuit city had excellent reviews for it and loved all the features I read about it.

3. HD channels are mind blowing. The design of the TV is sleek and just plain looks good.

4.It is heavy, and that it can be easily damaged, have to treat like a baby.

5.Maybe a extra HDMI port, it has two though, that's enough.

6.More help with ways to prevent burn in.

7.How good it looks with videogames, how neat the auto swivel is.

8. It has this slight ghost image during dark scenes, not bad, only I have noticed it so far.

9. Its normally priced at $2,500, but I got at a discount, end up being $1,400, its still worth it compared to other plasma's.

10. I watched World Cup Soccer on ESPN HD, I don't like soccer but I couldn't help it cause it look so good on this TV, can't wait till NFL football starts. This TV is one of the best on the market, my opinion its atleast the best 42inch out there.
post #460 of 2159 Old 08-15-2006, 02:37 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Philips 42PF7220A/37B

Refurb price at Philips Outlet - Plus reviews seemed ok and looking at a new one at Costco the unit was great.

The Price - Oh, and I like the Picture - Can't wait for more HD and NFL 2006

VESA 800x400 Mount is more expensive than I thought - and you cant realy flush mount it do to heat...

Center Channel Speaker Input - More than a 90 Day warrranty - Convinced that at day 91 it will fail!

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your
Plasma.
Get a better shipping department - EGL was so hard to get information from

As a refurb unit it still looked new enough - wasn't dented or beat up! That was a good surprise - I was expecting the worst!

Digital Channels pick up hundreds of channels off of a unused cable line - 76.2346 76.1 76.2 76.34 etc...

I was able to get it at a great great price - my 25 cent Royal flush paid for it!

n/a
post #461 of 2159 Old 08-17-2006, 04:23 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH42-PX600U

Features like PIP, SD card photo

The picture quality and sound is pretty good

TV Guide always off 1 hour ahead, and a popping sound when the comercials switch from local commercials to national commercials, typically at night

Aspect Ratio Lock - Pick 1 aspect ratio and stay on that aspect ratio and to do a better job controlling my Panasonic DVR from the tv's TV Guide

Plasma.
Do a better job at Customer Service- after all, these TV's are not cheap. We demand better service and to be treated with more respect. Panasonic should have the ability to conference Customer, Panasonic Tech and Service center tech together to resolve the issue with TV.

Ease of setup, Picture quality of Dvd's look amazing- it also helps when your dvd player up scales to 1080i.

poor reg tv reception, TV guide always 1 hour off, Customer service is very poor. Cannot talk to real Panasonic technician about problem, service technician did poor job trying to fix TV Guide problem and now TV Guide doesn't work at all- ya think they would have tried all the features at the shop? Panasonic allegedly told the service tech to replace the wrong board(DT Board). Tv now going back to service center for a 2nd time and now looking battered instead of looking new. Panasonic later tells me they could of trouble shot the TV Guide problem without taking tv out of my house....OUCH!!!!

Pricey, yes...Wifey got good deal from an employee partnership discount, but paying it back in service problems as previously stated above.

Sorry, I have B***ched enough. So, no.
post #462 of 2159 Old 08-17-2006, 01:01 PM

Pioneer Pro-930HD

LG 50PY2DR
post #463 of 2159 Old 08-19-2006, 05:42 PM

1. The "Model" you have. Pioneer 5070hd

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model". Stunning HD Picture Quality and Super SD Quality

3. What you like best about your Plasma. HD Quality, Black Piano Finish, Inputs

4. What you don't like about your Plasma. Does not Clone Itself

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had. none at moment

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma. Side Speakers rather then Bottom

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma. SD Picture Quality

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma. None Yet

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. Yep

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. Purchase mine from Chris from Cleveland Plasma. Could not have been a better service thanks
Chris
post #464 of 2159 Old 08-19-2006, 07:07 PM

Just got my hpr 5052 replaced today for the new Hps 5053 for free today.

First off samsung in new york has the best service possible. When my 5052 started having red dot problems in the middle of the screen , they came to me 3 days after the call to samsung, they fixed it but it happened again and once again they where there in 3 days repairing it with new boards, problem still persisted and immediatly they offered a full exchange for a new one, No headaches , No mess. I called and they solved the issue in a prompt manner.

I didnt choose the panny or pioneer for reasons that are just mine, such as panny 60u has a cheap cabinet and power button, no pip and looked same as the samsung in PQ, the pioneer has a REAL NICE canibet(bessel). but was to much money, it did have a nice PQ but nothing to drastic from the Samsung. It came down to the fact that the Samsung offered more for the money and HAS BURN PROTECTION AND GAME MODE. Most of these plasmas Dont have burn in protection and pioneer suck at that, my friends pioneer 50inch plamsa is ruined because of the Xbox360 but the samsung handles static images well and has pixel shift etc.......

The PQ of the samsung 5053 stinks in sd signal but so does the pioneer and panny and I dont judge plasmas on this basis, I know better.

In hd the samsung looks as good as the panny and comparable to the pioneer and alot better then any lg, phillips,hp or sony available at the moment.

Now with the Xbox360 this thing simply rules. Plasmas and Xbox360 and PS3 dont mix, I dont care how much of a videophile you guys are they simply dont mix but with the samsung this is not an issue, it wasnt an issue with the hpr5052 and its not an issue with the 5053. You can play the 360 and not worry.

My only dislikes is the speakers dont sound as loud as the 5052 exposed ones did but hey no biggie because the hidden speakers are cool and the design is incredible, very pioneerish.

Dvd's look stunning and I havent fully tweaked my settings yet.

Theres no clayface on the 5053 and dile can be truned off so that issue is no longer an issue.

In the end the Samsung HPS 5053 offers more bang for your buck with more options and features((minus the cable card slot, I dont need it)).
You get a PQ as good if not better then the panny and as good or close to the pioneer. END OF STORY.
post #465 of 2159 Old 08-19-2006, 07:47 PM

See inside quote

Cheers,
TP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheridave View Post

I want to hear from you guys about your Plasmas. This is not a "Mine is Better than Yours" thread. Be thoughtful and honest.

Just got a new display? Post it here ONLY: please do not start a new thread

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have.
Elite PRO-1130

Great picture quality

Picture quality

Noise media receiver

More HDMI input

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.
Assign Component & HDMI seperately and get rid off PIP

Not big enough ;-)

Noise media receiver & intermittent sparkling/static noise when changing from SD to HD channels.

NO

Thanks.

Dave

post #466 of 2159 Old 08-21-2006, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

1. The "Model" you have.
Vizio P50 HDM

Price & online reviews

The price I paid for it, picture quality and cosmetics.

Slight contouring problems in dark scenes (due to gray scaling).

1080P.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.
Improve the gray scaling.

The picture quality out of the box.

Unable to set macros due to Vizio's input mode on the remote

On this model - Abso 'freakin" lutely !!!!

Despite the minor issues with this set it is WELL worth the $$$$$

Making the most out of what I got.
post #467 of 2159 Old 08-23-2006, 03:53 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH42-PX60U

SDTV looks amazing, particularly with PS1 and PS2 games, and outstanding black levels. Lots of things I like about this TV but it's ability to handle gaming of many eras was key.

Large screen, yet looks fantastic. Has eliminated any positive to my old TV set. Doesn't hurt that it's stacked with ports on the back too.

Image Retention is definitely an issue, hopefully one that calms down over time. It's not really bad but I'd prefer not to be running the burn in DVD every night for the next ten years.

Per-input customization would be nice. As would something capable of handling underscan more intelligently. Well, okay, native 1280x720 would be nice, too. But you can tell there's not a whole lot to demand of this TV.

Plasma.
Maybe focus on the consumer a little bit more considering this is a consumer display. Vivid being the factory default color setting is bizarre, and the things it does to colors just don't even seem to warrant being there. Likewise, helpful little stuff to keep IR under control would be nice.

I had no idea it could downscale 1080p60. Nice! The biggest surprise though, really, was just how cool it looks on a mount. There's a certain in-store impression you get but it's not the same as seeing it in your own home.

IR, mainly. It's not really bad or anything but even careful 4:3 use seems to bring it out in minor doses. Also had a weird remote issue but it cleared itself up when I pressed the TV button. Probably thought I was trying to control a DVD player or something.

If I didn't, I wouldn't have bought it. But it's definitely a tight line. I can't justify a pio for $1500 more unless there's 1080p on the table, even then not likely.
post #468 of 2159 Old 08-26-2006, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Just bought the following today at CC:

1. The "Model" you have. -
Hitachi 42HDS69

Reading some good things about the picture. 1080i display along with 3 HDMI ports. So I should be set for High Def DVDs, and gaming.

The picture quality at CC was really nice and the price was pretty decent. They even matched a price I got from Pricegrabber. Save a few bucks.

Too Small lol. Nothing to report yet. I'm just running the break in DVD.

Probably just wish it had 1080p. Can't thing of anything else atm.

Again too early to report anything or just add 1080p stadard.

Too early to tell.

Too early to tell.

Well IMO no, but its a want rather than a need.

Got it at CC, great customer service. Got a DVD upconverter as well. I got the price down a few bucks with a price match. Got 10% of cables and the DVD player. By doing that I ended up with basically a free 3yr warranty on the TV.

So far so good. Now the waiting game to break it in.
post #469 of 2159 Old 08-29-2006, 08:50 PM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panasonic TH-50PH9UK (9th Gen 50" Commercial)

Best and most natural plasma picture available
Sexy minimalist bezel
Terminal board flexibility/expandability

It's appearance both on and off (especially compared to the consumer models)
Resistance to IR/Burn-in
Black level depth and detail
Color accuracy
DVI Board allowing NR

Total inputs possible (not a big deal at all)

A single terminal board with 2 or 3 HMDI's or DVI's
Zooming/Scaling abilites with HD feeds

More HD feed scaling/zooming
Maybe 4 terminal board slots versus 3

It's out of the box accuracy

None

Ya, I think plasmas have finally hit that price accessible by the masses

This panel is jaw-dropping. I've seen the 60u/600u's in-store, and although they're similar in many ways, you have to see the sexy 9UK's to believe em.

Colin
post #470 of 2159 Old 08-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Advanced Member

1. The "Model" you have.

Pioneer PDP-5071HD

IMO, the best of the mainstream 50" plasmas. I've compared it head to head with the panny many times, and the Pioneer simply has a better picture to my eyes. A bit more $$$ but worth it.

Rich vibrant colors, very sharp picture, and good SD performance. A good looking set too!!! Love the all black appearance.

Happy so far. It's new so I'm still learning all the "Ins and Outs". I'm sure I will find a quibble here or there. Glare is an issue with any plasma in a bright room. While my room is fairly bright, the TV does not get much direct light on it, and I do most of my viewing (and all of my "critical" viewing) at night.

I would like to see a plasma with a very high quality speaker system that could be used as the center channel in a home theater system. There is no way to mount a sizable third party center channel speaker on a plasma. Why not add (or have as an option) a high performance high power speaker system that could handle the output from a surround receiver?

I'm sure many things will come to mind with time. For now- see #5

SD was better than I expected. High Def is just Killer!!!

None so far. I was VERY worried about bad pixels. I've only got a few hours on it, but so far so good. I was hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Very pleased for now.

Of course. I don't think anyone would buy one if they did not think it was "worth it." I've been shopping for quite a while. Prices have really come down. Last years Pioneer (non-elite) 50" was in the $5.5K ballpark. BB just recently had it on sale for about $2K less, and they threw in delivery! Loved the idea of being able to return it locally if there was any problem.

Really loving the performance of a nice plasma. LCD's are coming on strong, and will perhaps pass plasma some day. That day is not today (unless in a very brightly lit room where the lack of glare from and LCD is the deciding factor). For movies in a dark room, I don't think anything can match a plasma today.
post #471 of 2159 Old 08-30-2006, 11:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareWS6 View Post

1. The "Model" you have.
PANY TH50PX60U

consumer reports review, online reviews, store visits

size

sturdier stand

move video mode options

include wall mount; include setup dvd, include video dvd

size

none so far, except calibrating picture quality

yes

that has to be the best idea i ever heard. Like when you buy a new PC or laptop and the box is loaded with discs and manuals. Seems like you pay three times as much for a tv as you would a pc and you get the set, the manual, the remote, and a credit card statement a month later. I think when plasma prices reach their low end we'll start seeing stuff like this from compeitition. I guess my request from all plasma manufacturers is to find a 6500k setting for the particular set their manufacturing and have it as a standard out of the box setting.
post #472 of 2159 Old 08-31-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by RareWS6
1. The "Model" you have.
PANY TH50PX60U

Picture is breathtaking.

HD picture quality

Nothing

None

A calibration DVD, a better remote control.

THE SIZE...it's HUGE!!!!!!!!

None at all

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love this set. I bought a Toshiba HD-DVD also, and the picture is jaw dropping. Even SD channels through Cox cable are good, and the HD channels especially Discovery-HD are amazing. My only complaint is the remote control. One would think they would have include a nicer one instead of cheap looking plastic.
post #473 of 2159 Old 08-31-2006, 03:44 PM

1. The "Model" you have
Pioneer fhd1

I had my hddvd of the movie doom and at magnolia I was comparing a panny a fuji and the fhd1, the pio swept me away, in the dark scene there where details not visible in the others dispaly.

everything from the style to the great pq, the top is football feels like you are there

4. What you don't like about your Plasma
a little on the high side price wise

What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had.
it has it all including 1080p

avia disc for free

the way it handled sd channels

none

I already have a 50xr5 from nec and the price was worth it , a very good display for the money, the fhd1 is a different case, right now it might not be worth it because the only 1080p output is the crappy samsung blueray player , maybe with time blueray gets their act together or maybe hddvd will be in 1080p, still the pq blew me away I had to have it
post #474 of 2159 Old 09-02-2006, 08:27 AM

Liked: 13
1. The "Model" you have: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model": Reccomendations here and from friends who are professional installers. 1st hand comparison.

3. What you like best about your Plasma: Everything, particularly HD Quality, Black Matte Finish. It looks unreal up on the wall.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma: Nothing specific to the plasma. SD quality is better than I have seen on other sets, but obviously still lacking in comparison to HD.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had: None

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma: Change default out of the box settings.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma: The initial picture after mounting the plasma and tweaking settings for 15 seconds.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma: None

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it: Absolutely. The best $$ I have spent in quite awhile.
post #475 of 2159 Old 09-03-2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by RareWS6
1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH50PX60U

Recent price drop, great PQ and consumer reports rating

Great overall picture, SD is real good, HD is phenomenal

Nothing

1080p for same price

Including a calibration DVD would be great.

Regular SD picture quality is suprisingly great!

None at all

Yes, especially with recent price drop!!

This set is GREAT! I had originally researched all the Sony SXRD projection sets and was real close to purchasing, but changed my mind and went with this set instead. Am so glad I did and no buyers remorse at all!
post #476 of 2159 Old 09-04-2006, 09:41 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH50PX60U

Recent price drop, great PQ and reports from this forum!

Great overall picture, SD is real good, HD is phenomenal

Nothing

SLot for my Sony Memory Stiks

Factory default "6500K color temp" for Standard Pic. mode.

Regular SD picture quality is suprisingly great!

None at all

Yes, now that there's been a price drop.
post #477 of 2159 Old 09-05-2006, 09:27 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
TH58px60U

screen size & price drop

picture is GREAT & wife loves it.

nothing yet

slot for Sony Memory Stick & other digital media. Remote to control a/v

Looks fantastic in our bedroom in addition to great picture.

none yet

Paid MUCH more for my first Mits 50"
post #478 of 2159 Old 09-05-2006, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
1. The "Model" you have.

Panasonic 50" TH-50PX60U

Great price! $2500

The clairty, size, picture quailty in HD and reputation

The sound is weak for a big TV. During DVD play the sound goes high to low.

PIP, DVI, VGA, 3 HDMI

All posted above.

How light it really is and thin

The sound and lack of details in the manual

Yes

None
post #479 of 2159 Old 09-06-2006, 03:25 PM

First the picture is just plain awesome. No adjustments. Just plugged it in and instant gratification.

I got this model because of recommendation on the AVS Forum and the fact it had picture in picture, which I use a lot.

I love the dark colors and crispness of the picture. Also I bought the Panasonic
SC-HT16 Home Theater Audio System which has an optical link to the TV for sound.

The one thing I have found is you can't do Picutre-In-Picture when in the HD mode only the Component, composite or coaxial mode. But I have figured a way around it.

This set has all the features I want.

Make their web site easier to access. It is forever screwing up. You can't get to some things.

How light it is.

No problems what so ever.

I paid $3165.00 from HPDirectAV and feel it was a bargain.

post #480 of 2159 Old 09-09-2006, 04:57 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Philips 32PF7320A

Rebate offering from Costco

I've always liked the Philips Brand and that it's an LCD

No DVI input

See #4

Not sure yet. I have not turned it on/installed it yet.

See #6

See #6

Yes

Can't wait to install it. I'm currently having some issues with the install. I will hope to post pics of the process.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Th 37lru50 37 Inch , Panasonic 37 Inch Plasma Display Th 37pr11uk , Panasonic Th 42pwd8uk 42 Inch Plasma Edtv , Lg 60pm6700 Plasma Hdtv , Lg , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Samsung 51 Inch Pn51e530 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn60e7000 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Ultra Slim Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Th65vx300u 65 Inch 3d 1080p Premiere Display , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f5300 60 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc 65ps64 65 Inch , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 3d Kit , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch
Gear in this thread - P50st50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page