1. The "Model" you have ?
High Definition Plasma Television
NTSC, ATSC/QAM, CableCARD, PCMCIA, SD-card.
2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model" ?
It was a decision between a Sony XBR(42) and the Panny. Because of all of you guys, I went with the Panny. Thank you is all I can say. Besides that, the built-in ATSC/QAM and CableCARD capabilities were the key features that led me to buying this particular Panny. Compatibility for the future in an HDTV were very important when investing this kind of money.
3. What you like best about your Plasma ?
The PQ is great, even on NTSC OTA viewing.
4. What you don't like about your Plasma ?
I shoulda got a 42!!!! The 37 really isnt that much smaller than the 42 though. Also, i wish that using the built in ATSC tuner for OTA was simpler. I still haven't been able to figure it out.
5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had ?
6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your Plasma ?
Multiple DVI/HDMI inputs would prove to be useful in the future.
7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma ?
That despite what everyone says, analog TV looks surprisingly good. Also that the JUST mode only makes people look *slightly fatter.
We never use the 4:3 mode. Also, turn down the brightness, it's set on "vivid" out of the box. It's a little too bright.
8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma ?
CAN'T TUNE INTO OTA HD SIGNALS!!!!!!!! It has nothing to do with the tv, i just haven't figured it out yet. (I've only had it for 2 weeks) Also, *slight rolling lines when using component DVD input. Again, I blame it on myself, as I still have not worked out all the set-ups and stuff. It might even be my AR cables.
9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it ?
Worth it? No. Once you have it, of course it is worth it, but parting with that cash was a little tough.
10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.
A calibration DVD would certainly be nice. And another thanks to all the members of this great forum for helping me select this amazing television. I genuinely appreciate your information and opinions.