OK! Your Plasma! You Tell Me! Got a new one? post it here - Page 72 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2131 of 2134 Old 07-09-2014, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Cool Just fired my 55ST60...meant turned it on...

After three days waiting to get help to haul it to the second floor finally installed it today.....I was getting really anxious but my back problems prevented me from taking chances (with my back).......Got a quick look thru the component connection.....WOW...really impressed with the contrast and picture quality...Only I wished got a 60 inch but none was available so this was second best option....

When I got my Bravia LCD (3+ yrs ago) my first option was a GT plasma series they had in Costco but kind of hesitated at the moment and missed on the Panny...regret it...but since that moment always wanted to get the Panny Plasma....

Just Shuted it down until have time to read a little more on the master burn in thread on this forum to properly break it in.....

Now......will fire my Projector to watch the world cup...

BTW....you are welcomed to Puerto Rico anytime.....I bet there still a few ST's out there on the local Sears.....the way the local economy is and with LCD's selling much cheaper....and people buying more on size than PQ...

and you will enjoy it....and we need the toursim...on this instance HT tourism lets call it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2132 of 2134 Old 07-14-2014, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Pn64h5000

1. The "Model" you have.
PN64H5000
2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model".
Reviews of how good the picture quality is, and great black levels. Then the sale price sealed the deal.
3. What you like best about your Plasma.
The picture is outstanding, and their is no blurring/soap opera which I see on every LCD I have ever looked at
4. What you don't like about your Plasma.
The glare, the screen is like a mirror. A lamp w/ 60 Watt bulb takes over the screen.
5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had.
Smart TV, but its really not an issue for me
6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.
Some sort of filter for the glare.
7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma.
How great the picture is. So many slaps on this set from it being a Pentile display, I was worried about the quality of the picture.
8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma.
None
9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.
The price for this set is outstanding.
10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.
Not much to really add. You get a great picture for a great price for a set this big. Coming from a 50" LG, this was a huge upgrade. So sad to see Plasma going away, I really hope they have something affordable coming in the next 5-10 years to replace LCD.
post #2133 of 2134 Old 07-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 73
1. The "Model" you have.

--- A: Panasonic 65vt60

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model".

---A: It had the best pq within my budget in a dark/darkened room. I do wonder if I should have gone with the st60 due to the price difference at times, but I do not regret my purchase.

3. What you like best about your Plasma.

--- A: The contrast ratio and black level.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma.

--- A: Dithering is more noticeable then I would like in 3d.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had.

--- A: I wish I could have paid a little less and not had the camera and smart features.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.

--- A: Your oleds that top plasmas at a similar price point better be coming soon.

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma.

--- A: How large the box was and how heavy it was. My lg and old panny plasma are far lighter (attmitedly they are notably smaller 42" and 50").

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma.

--- A: The viera link can be a bit finiky with my blu-ray player. If you turn the blu-ray player on before the tv the controll via the tv remote will often not work. Likewsie the auto turn on blu-ray player with tv feature casuses problems that requires the blu-ray player to need to be unplugged from the wall and pluigged back in to be able to turn on.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.
+
--- A: Where I live yes, it is still selling for less then rrp.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.

--- A: Hopefully some fald lcd's can fill the gap between now and when oled's reach more affordable levels and are a proven product that lasts as the whole panasonic and samsung leaving the plasma market creates a rather bleak outlook for affordable tv's with great picture quality for the next few years.
post #2134 of 2134 Old 07-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by rcapprotti 

[IMG]http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/358366/width/500/height/700/flags/LL[iMG]
[IMG]http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/358361/width/500/height/700/flags/LL[/MG]
[IMG]http://www.avsforum.com/content/type/61/id/360692/width/500/height/700/flags/LL[IMG]
my new 151 elite that was a warranty exchange from pioneer was delivered on 1/21/14 right now I am running break in slides I have about 62 hours on the new elite

How can the pioneer be new in the box?
Pionner apparently have quite a few brand new in boxes left for warranty claims.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Th 37lru50 37 Inch , Panasonic 37 Inch Plasma Display Th 37pr11uk , Panasonic Th 42pwd8uk 42 Inch Plasma Edtv , Lg 60pm6700 Plasma Hdtv , Lg , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Samsung 51 Inch Pn51e530 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn60e7000 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Ultra Slim Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Th65vx300u 65 Inch 3d 1080p Premiere Display , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f5300 60 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc 65ps64 65 Inch , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 3d Kit , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page