Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 2159 Old 10-11-2005, 04:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FUJITSU P63XHA40US

Recommendation from family member.

Picture is really awesome. Halklife looks great on it.

I like everything about it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 2159 Old 10-11-2005, 05:22 PM
EJ5

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1. Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK

2. The outstanding black levels and the price

3. 50 inch detailed picture

4. You have to aim the remote precisely at the infared receiver port or else it doesn't pick up the command. A small issue though

5. Built in HDMI blade

6. See #4 and #5.

7. How much cables cost

8. None at all

9. Yes. This is a great deal for a 50-inch highly rated plasma.

10. Get one!
post #213 of 2159 Old 10-12-2005, 06:09 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic 50PX50u

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model".
The reviews and discussions on this forum.

3. What you like best about your Plasma.
Picture quality for the price (I was also considering the 500u and Pioneer 5060)

4. What you don't like about your Plasma.
Can't think of anything

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had.
Ability to zoom/stretch/etc. HD signals

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.
Make the tv stand easier to get to when unpacking (see #7 below).

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma.
That the stand was packaged below the tv (supporting the styrofoam that was supporting the tv itself), and making the unpacking and setup process a bit more difficult for me and my wife.

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma.
None

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.
Yes, seeing that I got it after the Sept price drops with additional in-store discounts.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.
I almost went with the 500u, but didn't want to pay the extra $$ for those extra features and the different cabinet/stand. After owning for about 1.5 months, I don't have any regrets about going for the 50u vs. the 500u.
post #214 of 2159 Old 10-12-2005, 10:28 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK

Panasonic quality and research in the stores (BB and CC) and on this forum

Commerical model has clean look, great picture, good control of display options and picture in picture - watch both ALCS and NLCS at the same time tonight!

I wouldn't mind a built in speaker, but I prefer the above benefits over this option from the consumer model

Speaker, but it will be taken care of with bookshelf speakers for the monitor and my other speakers for the receiver

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.
Allow us to specifically label each input rather than pick from a list - I would like to have more specific labels so when family and others are trying to run the monitor they will have an easier time using it

The beautiful picture and how much I have enjoyed watching baseball on it

Right now, the biggest problem is the poor signal of the cable system but it is certainly not the monitor's fault- I'm working on that problem

Yes, the prices fell to where I am comfortable with my purchase - although it ended up being my wife and my anniversary and christmas present to each other for 2005

Many thanks to everyone on the forum for thier input and advice.

Tim Jebsen
Midland, TX USA
post #215 of 2159 Old 10-14-2005, 05:31 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
Samsung HP-R4252 - (first one on this thread)

Salesman - I was looking at a slightly bigger/more expensive LCD (the new Sony A20) - but after watching SD on both TV's (I only get 15 HD channels anyways) - I thought the Plasma was a better view, even though it was smaller - but the fact the salesman owned it was a big ! to me (actually, they owned the ED model, but that little detail reinforced to me the fact that at least he wasn't lying)

small footprint - thought the size would be too small for me, but I'm cool with it.

4:3 mode leaves bar retention fast - panorama sucks - having a hard time getting detail out of intense whites/blacks.

two HDMI inputs - though one and a component will work fine. - I wish it had better SD convertors but I'm running thru coax till I get my HDTV receiver from the cable company, so that may go away.

leave out the built in cable tuner - no one uses cablecards either if they like on-demand - because I wanted a DVR with my HDTV cable box, I am opting for that for now.

also - get rid of that stupid sliding bottom of the remote that hides a dozen more button, including my fav, the screen type (16:9, 4:3, panorama)

that I was able to move it (barely) by myself.

None - slight bar retention on 4:3 mode - it goes away.

Yes, 3K is fine for a good TV I hope to have for years.

Xbox looks great - Only seen a bit of HD content but that looks good - I'd like to find the best calibration guide for it though.

WT
post #216 of 2159 Old 10-14-2005, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic 42PX50u

The picture, and finally being able to get a name-brand HD plasma (I got it in May when they first came out with a 10% Tweeter discount).

Picture quality for the price (I was considering another DLP - I have a Samsung 5065W).

Can't think of anything

None. I chose the 50U because of price over the 500U which had more features.

I can't think of anything.

Nothing

None

Who can say? I got it 10% below MSRP. At the time it was good. Now it's much cheaper. Same as any new product. But I have enjoyed it for the past 5 months and I knew that prices would go down later. But I needed (OK, wanted) a TV for my new office and so I went with the best at that time.

None

Rich N.
post #217 of 2159 Old 10-14-2005, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH50PX500U. Picked it up tonight from Ultimate Electronics in Edina, MN. I originally purchased the set one month ago, only then finding out about the apparent nationwide shortage of these sets and subsequent backorder. But after 10+ months of researching (mainly DLP and LCOS RPTV's) I finally had my mind made up, so I decided to wait it out. Looking at it right now, i'm glad I did.

Mainly my own eyes, but also the price point to perceived quality, and of course discussion on this forum.

That it's finally here! Well that, and I'm watching PBS HD right now and it's blowing my mind. I've barely touched the settings yet, either.

The month of excruciating waiting to get it.

Nothing I can think of at the moment, I consider it pretty full-featured.

Start cranking these babies out! People waiting months on end for a big ticket product they desperately want to buy is bad news, I have no doubt Panny is losing customers over this.

No surprises so far, looks gorgeous.

None yet, but it's only been on for an hour.

If I didn't, I wouldn't have bought it. Versus any 50" RPTV, it was a no contest for me... mainly due to viewing angle and overall picture quality.

I'll update this post after I get to spend some more time with the set. Right now, I couldn't be happier.

Cheers to all you guys for being an amazing resource.
post #218 of 2159 Old 10-16-2005, 08:27 AM

1. Hitachi 55HDS52

2. PQ, features, design, # of inputs, screen size (big difference between 50" and 55"), price was comparable to 500U.

3. 55" display. Watching this plasma from 9' away is amazing.

4. No external media box.

5. External media box.

6. Bring back the media box. Hitachi needs to work on their distribution. Not too many B&M stores carry their plasmas.

7. It looked big in the store but it looks HUGE on my living room wall.

8. None-picked it up last night.

9. I got it $1300 below MSRP. Price was less than my 2nd choice (pio 5060). Previous TV was a 27" CRT I bought for $300 seven years ago. "Worth it" is a subjective term. If plasma prices drop 50% in the next 6 months (not likely) then today's price seems expensive. But I subscribe to the "life's too short" mentality. I feel I got a good price and the enjoyment I will get from my new TV is hard to put a pice tag on.

10. None.
post #219 of 2159 Old 10-17-2005, 09:58 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Pioneer 1130 (50")

Read a lot on this forum and viewed sets at local B&M's. It ultimately came down to a Panny or Pio. My local AV specialty shop where I've purchased many Audio products, only carried the Pio. I received a trade-in on some speakers from them and that made the decision to get a Pio from them an easy one.

Crisp rendering, 3-D like effect. Real "wow" factor when you're watching hi-def content.

Bigger is always better. Would like to see 55" to 60" available in same quality and lower price point. We're probably a couple of years away from that.

None that I can think of. This model has lots of bells and whistles. Dual HDMI inputs, RF Remote, ability to remove speakers, etc. Lots of flexibility in terms of how you want to configure and features you want to see.

Keep driving prices down.

This was my first HD experience. Biggest surprise is how little HD content there is after 4 years of having this technology introduced and only 3 years from elimination of Analog. Local PBS and Fox stations provide best OTA HD content. And I picked up about 5 HDTV channels on premium D*TV package. SD content looks so washed out and flat by comparison - never knew what I was missing.

Also black levels are incredible. I kept reading that this manufacturer's plasmas did not have good black levels. It may have been true about earlier generations, but certainly not an issue with current generation.

None so far.

Without the trade-in, I could not have afforded this model. Once price point gets to $3,000 with this type of quality - sales will go through the roof.

Don't get hung up on waiting for 1080P - there is so little 720P or 1080i content available today, that waiting for 1080P should not really be practical. If you wait another 18 months for 1080P sets to become available and affordable, it will be another 18 to 24 months after that before you start seeing appreciable amounts of 1080P content. Much better to get 720P today at more reasonable price and enjoy for 4 years before you begin to think about getting next latest and greatest, which may not even be Plasma technology at that time.
post #220 of 2159 Old 10-17-2005, 12:36 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic 42PX50U

The combination of price and performance. It was between this and Pio 4360. I've had 3 DLP tvs and the dark level detail was always a big issue, an area that the Panny excels.

Picture quality, especially dark level detail. Watching reference material used on my previous DLP sets showed off this sets capabilities.

Nothing yet

Extra HDMI and VGA

If you provide a CableCard slot, provide an electronic tv guide of some sort

The dark level detail. For example, in LOTR, Gandolph and Frodo are talking about Golham in a cave. Previous tv sets showed the background as all black were this set clearly showed the cave walls (same dvd player).

None

I've held off on Plasmas due to the price/screen size ratio. However, I didn't pay much for this set over my 23" LCD 1920x1080 monitor so it is hard to complain.

By with a credit card that doubles the manufacturer's warranty.
post #221 of 2159 Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic 42PX50U

Comparison with similar models over the market and extensive reading at AVS as well as Cnet reviews. In the end it was the picture quality as well as value for money over other similarly priced models from Hitachi and Pioneer

Picture quality, hands down. It was my main deciding factor when going in for the Panny.

Nothing as of now

VGA Port

Would prefer an all black model compared to black and silver.

The picture quality of SD channels was much better than i expected it to be.

None

I got a good bargain on the Panny even though i bought it from a B&M store. The recent price drops in Panny's has been a big factor for the purchase

None as of now.

My HT Setup
My Blu-Rays
PSN Id:blitz500

post #222 of 2159 Old 10-24-2005, 12:54 PM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK

After a long time looking at plasma displays, I concluded that Panasonic clearly has the best picture quality. I opted for the commercial model because of the price and clean look. I didn't have to pay for a tuner and speakers that I didn't need or want.

Picture quality and clean look.

Nothing.

I wish it came with a stand. I have it mounted on the wall over my fireplace, but who knows if I might want a stand later on. I can get one for about $175, but I would think that including it with the TV would not increase the price by that much.

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your Plasma.

Allow the user to name the inputs rather than choose from a list.

A pleasant surprise. I bought the DVI card and someone had told me to expect that there would be an annoying delay while the cable box negotiated with the DVI card, every time I changed channels. Not true.

It was not really an issue with the monitor, but I did have to discover that my cable box required some set-up in order to work well with my new display. Luckily, I found a user manual on the web and, with help from Comcast, I got it right. I had to set the aspect ratio to 16:9 and the output to 1080i.

Absolutely.

I would highly recommend VisualApex, which is where I purchased my display.
post #223 of 2159 Old 10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Just picked up a Pioneer PDP 5040HD 50"

I previously had the Champion 42" ED. Same as the Panasonic.

The pros.

Going from a 42 to a 50" made more of a difference then I was expecting.
Also going from an ED to HD also made a bigger improvement then I was expecting as well. This really made my day

The picture is very smooth and bright. Nice clean image. For me the separate media box works well.

Even though I have listed a few dissapointments below I am still happy with this set.

A few disapoinments.

The Champion/Panasonic had much deeper black level which gave a better depth of field.
The Pioneer cannot touch the blacks of the panny. The Panny also had richer color saturation which was most likely the result of deeper blacks.

Something else I am disappointed in with the Pioneer. The Pioneer does not have any screen saver or orbit. Im scared to death to watch anything 4x3 or hook a PC up to it.
The Panny had a screen saver/orbit built in. It worked great and I watched a lot of 4x3 and never any burn.
This has a little nervous. Anyone with any experience with this set have any advice on this.

Other then that this set offers a bright clean image. Im happy with it. To me the Panny looked nicer. I do not like the look of the silver speakers that are not full height and not flush mounted against the black frame of the Pioneer but you cant have everything. All in all if I were to do it again it would be a 50HD Panny.

Anyone know of a solution for a screen saver.

Thanks!!
post #224 of 2159 Old 10-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

well, i've got two Pioneer plasmas and one of them gets 100% use as a display for XBOX games. No burn-in. My other 50" Pioneer plasma also does not have any burn-in. It's not something, quite frankly, that I worry about with the Pioneers. I have seen burn-in on a new Samsung though, but that guy left a dark screen with a white logo up for two hours and had never dialed down the contrast and brightness.

5 Pioneer 50" Plasmas
20 LCDs
3 Motorized Plasma Mounts - K2 X-ARM
10+ HD DirecTV DVRs
7 Xboxes and 6 Xbox 360s
2 Buttkickers
4 Sling Boxes (2 Pros, 2 Classics)
1 Roku Netflix unit
post #225 of 2159 Old 10-27-2005, 04:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Thanks llogan for the reassurance. Good to hear from someone with gaming hours on one with no trouble.
post #226 of 2159 Old 10-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

My percentage breakdown for gaming 90% Madden 2006, 10% Halo 2
The other plasma is 90% used for the XBOX as well and I've had that Pioneer for 3 years now and no burn-in.

5 Pioneer 50" Plasmas
20 LCDs
3 Motorized Plasma Mounts - K2 X-ARM
10+ HD DirecTV DVRs
7 Xboxes and 6 Xbox 360s
2 Buttkickers
4 Sling Boxes (2 Pros, 2 Classics)
1 Roku Netflix unit
post #227 of 2159 Old 10-27-2005, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger View Post

... The Pioneer does not have any screen saver or orbit. Im scared to death to watch anything 4x3 or hook a PC up to it.
The Panny had a screen saver/orbit built in. It worked great and I watched a lot of 4x3 and never any burn.
This has a little nervous. Anyone with any experience with this set have any advice on this...!

Check out this Pioneer White Paper that deals with image retention, among other things. It should relieve your mind.
post #228 of 2159 Old 10-27-2005, 06:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Thanks again everyone.

Also, I just entered the SM and was able to rid the slight green cast. This also helped to drop black level another notch. This set is looking gooood
post #229 of 2159 Old 10-28-2005, 05:33 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
panasonic th50px50 picked it up at Bernies appliance in Auburn,MA I was going to wait for Tweeter Ect to have a Customer appreciation sale in Nov. ($400 off retail) I would have had to give them a deposit to hold one "if" they got them.
Went to Bernies last Saturday to see their grand opening and see"The Doug Flutie Band" play outside in cold drizzle. They were great by the way! Ended up telling the store manager that I was going to buy one from Tweeter and looked at all the Tv's in HD. He comes over to me after awhile and says we do have one upstairs, so there it was on the wall, he says i'll sell it to you $500 off retail, it's only been here for a week. I said let me give you a deposit and I'll bring the wife back. She thought it was "grainy" but I still convinced her to buy it.

what I read about the Panasonic's on this forum from others and the "white papers".

That the picture is mind blowing in HD and not to bash DLP, but I don't have to change Bulbs at 900-2000 hrs

How hard it is to get one, and the fact that when I went back with the wife to buy it, I told manager I didn't want the extended warranty, but I do want a Onkyo tx603 reciever. He comes back and says I will feel very bad if something happens to your plasma after a year and you don't buy the 4 yr warranty ($500) He says I'll sell you the $3** reciever for $150 if you buy it, I said throw it in for free, he says I can't do that, how about $100. I said ok (thought to myself, I was gonna buy it anyway). So I rationalized it by getting the warranty for $300.

Also wish It didn't have the speakers on the bottom since I don't need them. Couldn't find the model without them.

Nothing I can think of at the moment, I consider it pretty full-featured.

Make more of these and you will sell them all.

How when watching world series or MNF it looks like I can walk right onto the field

None yet, Not sure if being a demo model for one week will adversly affect set, I found it in vivid mode, picture at 16 and sharpness at 15, all others were at 0.

Yes, for me well worth it because I can afford it so I will have it.

I picked it up a day after they took it off the dealers wall and they packed it up in plastic and corrugated card. They did not include the remote and power cord, had to go back again to retrieve them. Otherwise I thought I got a good deal for my troubles ( three trips) I have it mounted on a sanus vplm2 at 5 degree tilt, I just have to run the wires thru the wall on saturday and then and only then will I post the pictures!

Thanks for reading this , Scott
post #230 of 2159 Old 10-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Finally pulled the trigger on a new Panny 37PX-50U today and ended up getting a SUPER deal! BB had a 12% off (Friends & Family) coupon so that was 300.00 off retail to start with. Their 'rewards program' (cost me 10.00 to join) totaled another 75.00 worth of in store credit. And to top it all off .... when we rang it up at the register, up popped another 200.00 'BB Gift card rebate!!! Even the sales rep wasn't aware of that one. Needless to say I was a pretty happy camper. I pick the set up Tuesday , can't wait!
post #231 of 2159 Old 10-28-2005, 02:19 PM

Where are you located?
post #232 of 2159 Old 10-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

What did it cost after all that?

I'm not an expert, take my advice at your own risk.
post #233 of 2159 Old 10-28-2005, 02:29 PM

I'm considering that one as well. Where do you get the BB coupon?

Thanks,
Frank
post #234 of 2159 Old 10-31-2005, 06:13 PM

OK! Your Plasma! You Tell Me! Got a new one? post it here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to hear from you guys about your Plasmas. This is not a "Mine is Better than Yours" thread. Be thoughtful and honest.

Just got a new display? Post it here ONLY: please do not start a new thread

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have.
>Maxent MX-42X3

>has best specs in my price range (i.e., cheap; and I could go to the store and see it before buying...)

>so far, the picture. This is my first plasma. HD is sweet!

>the Picture in Picture feature only works via the HDMI cable. I'm using component from my set top box.

>this one is fine apart from the PiP thing I just mentioned

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your Plasma.
>Keep it the way it is, maybe drop the price some.

>I thought the picture was messed up until I found that the cable guy had plugged the "red" component lead into an audio jack. Once I fixed that the color's been great!

>well, that installation problem, but not much else. There is a distinct flashing or flicker issue when you first power on the monitor, but after a few minutes it goes away. I've ordered a wall mount so we'll see how that goes when I install it. Other than that, no major issues as of yet.

>Compared to other units, the price was good. I try not to think about having spent $1800 for a tv. No, I don't think the price is worth it.

>I looked around for a while trying to find the best plasma HD tv for me. Units with built in tuners are much more expensive than "HD ready monitors" like this one, for no reasone since 9 times out of 10 you don't use the tv's tuner. So, if your looking at this tv but are concerned with its "no name" status, I am happy with my purchase so far.

Thanks.

Dave
post #235 of 2159 Old 11-02-2005, 08:28 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK

Spent the better part of 2005 comparing models and watching prices drop. Best picture came down to Panasonic and Pioneer; I like the Panasonic's superior definition and sharpness (plus they cost a lot less). Picked the commercial unit because I didn't need speakers or a tuner, and was able to get picture-in-picture at my price point (the 500U was too expensive). Besides which, the consumer versions have that ugly silver bezel. Went with a 50" because it seemed like a waste of effort to upgrade from a 35" CRT to a 42" flat panel. Went with plasma because I've never liked projection screens.

Its FRIGGIN' HUGE screen, flawless picture, small footprint, and flexibility.

It still cost too much! ;-)

Be nice to be able to change aspect in HDMI (optional blade added).

Make the P-in-P source selection more intuitive. Label the inputs so that they can be more easily read once the screen is mounted (almost impossible to read once the screen is up). "Panasonic Auto" aspect mode via the S-video port is inconsistent when watching Laserdiscs (obviously, this is not a major consideration for most people, but it bugs me).

Heavier and harder to move than I'd anticipated. Packaging was excellent, though, very well protected and easy to unpack. No tools needed, not even a box cutter. SD looks better than I'd expected, particularly through component inputs, but only in "Normal" mode. "Full" and "Just" are too grainy and/or distorted.

None worth mentioning, other than me being too dumb to figure out I needed to change my DVD player's settings from 4:3 to 16:9. Discs look much better now!

If I didn't, I wouldn't have bought it. Took a good five years to get down to my price point, though.

If you buy one of these and an optional blade (i.e. HDMI or DVI), install the blade BEFORE hanging the screen on the wall. Once the screen is mounted, getting a cover plate off and blade on is a major PITA.
post #236 of 2159 Old 11-02-2005, 01:08 PM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panny TH-50PX50U

Reviews, experiences reported on AVS Forum. Wanted to make the leap to a model that would be relevant for years to come. Price was great, around 3K with free shipping (EPP purchase direct from Panasonic).

PQ is great, of course. Also like the versatile video connection options.

Boy, unboxing and setting up this thing made me nervous. It's just so large that I felt it would slip from my hands at any moment.

Two HDMI ports would make this more useful in coming years.
Better handholds would make setup much easier, safer, and less nerve-wracking.
Add more options to the "Input labels" menu (like PC, HTPC, CAM, SAT) and alphabetize them. An option to type in custom labels would be ideal.

Keep making great products.

I am amazed at how well this set handles legacy video inputs. Playback from my 1997 VCR over composite looks clearer than I could imagine, and my non-progressive Toshiba SD-2300 DVD player looks amazing over component.

I ordered from Panasonic's EPP store using standard delivery, which meant it should have been delivered into my house. Instead, I had to be called home because the shipping company only sent one person out to my house and he couldn't move it alone.

Yes. Prices will always come down, but right now is a good time to make the leap.

I think I've covered everything. I'm quite happy with this set.

TV: TH-50PX50U
STB: Dish Player-DVR 942
DVD: Toshiba SD-2300
ANT: Zenith ZHDTV1 ("Silver Sensor")
RCVR: Pioneer VSX-D912
post #237 of 2159 Old 11-05-2005, 11:46 PM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panasonic 42-PWD8UK

Board reviews, value, the simple look and tweakability of the commercial model over the consumer one.

HD picture is pretty damn solid, nearly as good as any I have seen on HD models save for one or two.

I don't think this applies to my plasma in particular but rather plasmas in general...I haven't figured out, even after all the research on this board, how to achieve an acceptible SD picture. I should note here that I have been fortunate to have had an amazing SD picture (pq) with my old panasonic 1st generation super flat crt (since 1992).

cable card

stretch option for non HD programming being broadcast with black/grey/other bars on HD channels

I did an extensive amount of research before buying the panel so I really wasn't surprised by anything in particular with respect to performance. I do like the minimalist look and space saved by having a flat panle mounted on the wall though.

Two pixels in the center of the screen seem to be dead or malfunctioning. It is incredibly hard to notice unless there is a zoomed in still image on a bright background (and even then most people probably wouldn't notice). This issue is currently being resolved, i hope, by visula apex.

I think the value is there, yes.

I really wanted the 50" PHD8UK (HD instead of my ED) but I couldn't justify spending over twice as much at the current time with the limited amount of HD programming as well as my limited budget. However, now I spend most of my time watching HD (because it looks so, so much better than SD) so I would really love to have seen how good the 50" HD unit looked.
post #238 of 2159 Old 11-09-2005, 12:52 PM

Just joined the plasma club - when do I get my matching jacket?

1. The "Model" you have.
Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK. Bought it from Newegg. I have dealt with them for years (almost exclusively buying computer components) and found the price (which has recently gone up) and shipping very reasonable. Shipped the same day it was ordered.

Reviews and comments from other people. I had never seen the commercial model in action but had seen the consumer version several times and had been very impressed. Figured same glass and electronics, so why not? Also, couldn't stand the silver accent on the consumer model.

Ummm, it's mine - get away from it.

It's not legal in my state to become married to an object. However, it is legal to marry someone you objectify.

In-home warranty. Hope I won't need it because it will be h*ll to carry in.

None, I actually was so impressed, I bought stock in the parent company (seriously - following Warren Buffet's "buy what you know" theory).

That 50" is over four feet.

None yet (knock on wood, thany you merciful god...)

Pretty close. A fully loaded (HDMI and DVI carded 8UK, with stand, shipped) is still mid-three large. I think if they can break 3 large for this package, it is more than fair.

If you get one, remind yourself to blink every hour or so...

Seriously, search these pages for help with the initial settings. They are not gosphel, but rather a good starting place.

BTW, thank you to all the contributors and adminstrators of this board. You are an immense help to all of us who are behind on the learning curve. Every post is appreciated.
post #239 of 2159 Old 11-14-2005, 02:15 PM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panny TH-42PX500U

General concensus that Panny makes a good value, inputs on the 500 vs the 50, look of the consumer vs the commercial model, and price.

Picture quality

Remote is a bit awkward, cables are hard to reach while wall-mounted. (I have huge hamfists, luckily my wife has dainty hands.)

Service menu

Include a way to have the remote control all functions of your branded surround-sound systems/dvd players.

How much my wife liked it.

It sometimes comes up with a screen that appears to want me to upgrade the firmware. Haven't taken the time to fully investigate.

The prices for the plasma itself is worth it. Once you start adding all the additional componants, mounts, warranties, cables, A/C filters, etc it is slightly less worth it.

post #240 of 2159 Old 11-16-2005, 04:40 PM

1. The "Model" you have.

Pioneer 50A5

Tried 2 other plasmas, didn't like-- Pioneer looked great, great features and Costco warranty

Picture quality

No true split screen(full screen), remote not backlit

True split screen

It is actually lighter in weight than the 2 42" screens I had prior.

None

Yes, unbelievable picture and should last for a long time.

Pioneer5050
Sanus Articulating 26"Wall Mount
YamahaRXV750
Boston10" Sub
KlipschSF2 Fronts
KlipschKSB 1.1 Rears
KlipschSC1 Center
Harmony880
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Th 37lru50 37 Inch , Panasonic 37 Inch Plasma Display Th 37pr11uk , Panasonic Th 42pwd8uk 42 Inch Plasma Edtv , Lg 60pm6700 Plasma Hdtv , Lg , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Samsung 51 Inch Pn51e530 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn60e7000 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Ultra Slim Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Th65vx300u 65 Inch 3d 1080p Premiere Display , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f5300 60 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc 65ps64 65 Inch , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 3d Kit , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch
Gear in this thread - P50st50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page