OK! Your Plasma! You Tell Me! Got a new one? post it here - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 2137 Old 11-20-2005, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1. Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK

2. I wanted to replace the 50" projection TV that was struck by lightning in 1987, and a very nice price from TV Authority

3. Everything looks better then my CRT TV, that includes analog and digital satellite channels.

4. I can't zoom HD.

5. See #4.

6. See #4

7. Analog and digital channels look MUCH better then I had read about on AVS Forum, but that could be because of the signal source I use.

8. None.

9. I think that todays prices make the model I bought quite affordable.

10. DON'T wait for the price to drop, or new "advancements" in picture resolution to come about. If you can afford a plasma buy it, and enjoy it now.

Make mine a BUD (Big Useful Dish)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 2137 Old 11-21-2005, 10:50 AM

I recently purchased a Pioneer PDP-6100HD 61" plasma display. I examined a large number of displays and fell in love with the Pioneer color and clarity. The 61" Elite was too pricey. I went with the PDP 6100 on the recommendation of a web supplier. I'm very happy with it. The display color and clarity seem identical to that of the Elite display that I auditioned in a store. The price was right at about $6800. Still steep, but a lot less than the best price I could get on the Elite. So far, the only thing I miss is the glossy black frame. The 6100 has a black frame, but it's a dull finish. I'm using it with a Direct TV HD satellite dish/tuner and a Pioneer Elite surround sound receiver. I'm using an older (ten yers?) Sony five-disc DVD player but in the market for a new one. I have four Polk towers in the corners, the two fronts have powered subwoofers, a ten-inch subwoofer, and a Polk center speaker.
post #243 of 2137 Old 11-21-2005, 10:15 PM

I had spent quite a few hours reading about various tv's. The Sony SXRD seemed to be the one, but then I read more reviews from you guys about the plasmas out there. Went to Costco last week and compared the Pioneer plasma to the Vizio plasma. Thought the pictures quality was very close. Since the Pioneer cost about 50% more, I bought the Vizio. We could not be more pleased. You guys are right, there really is something incredible about the hd image on the plasma. My thanks to everyone for your candid advice. My pixels are fine, but I'm stuck on plasma!
post #244 of 2137 Old 11-22-2005, 08:18 AM

Installed over fireplace in den of new house, all wiring completely hidden inwall with all components in wiring / AV closet located about 20 feet away. Used Buffalo IR repeater equip, Polk in-wall speakers, Denon receiver handling component switching and sound. Using Time Warner HD DVR box to handling tuning, aspect ratio switching, etc. Inputs are via component, all sound thru Denon.

I researched and this decision for months prior to new house being completed. Didn't want to spend a lot as I plan to install Sanyo Z4 projector in bonus for home theater and wanted the best overal value and a custom installation look for the den. My viewing distances are 9 feet at closest position to 13-14 feet at main couch. My biggest concern was going ED and I really wanted it to work out so I could invest extra $ in projector. Many posters said that beyond 8 feet or so, the pixelation was not visible and HD would look just about as good w/ the Panny ED.

Well, I am absolutely thrilled w/ the picture quality and for me, past around 9 feet I can't see any practical difference over HD. (I work part time doing audio mixing for television in a commerical digital broadcast studio, so I know a little bit)
If I was in a apartment or viewed at 9 feet or less, I'd definitely go HD, but for me it worked out great.

After hearing all kinds of stories about SD quality, I am also very surprised at SD quality when tuning from non-HD channels. There may be something to ED sets having a edge here, not qualified to say, but the combination of the TWC HD DVR and this plasma via component is displaying SD very well. (I previously had a rear proj HD tv, this set is far outperforming it on SD w/ the same cable DVR) Just this morning I turned it on, and I had to check the channel as I was blown away by the SD quality, and I was tuned to a low # standard def channel. (albeit digital)

Also, like many posters have noted, your visiting friends, unless they walk up very close to the set will think it's a HD set when displaying HD. The colors and contrast on plasma are amazing and smooth compared to my previous Toshiba HiDef RPTV.

Used Omnimount U3 Tilt Mount, was very easy to install, very clean look compared to Peerless, and I really like the large pass thru's in the middle of the mount to pass cables thru.

At I live in Charlotte NC, I ordered thru DVDCiity which is in Atlanta GA. Didn't feel like shipping the TV across the country and a friend had used them. Even being close by, the delivery turnaround was great as I had the set in my house in two days. Well packed, tilt indicator a nice benefit, no issues. Used "curb" delivery and driver helped carry to my garage, about 20 feet, so no need to pay extra for inside delivery.

Finally, my wife is totally thrilled w/ how the commerical set looks. The thin black bezel design and in my case w/ inwall speakers and totally hidden components, has a very neat custom install look. The Panny ED silver consumer model would have been horrible looking compared to the PWD8UK.

Hope this review helps anyone in same position.
post #245 of 2137 Old 11-23-2005, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just bought the TH-42PHD8UK.... I love it...

Hooked it up with HDMI to the Directivo... HD is simply amazing..
even the regular channels are very nice as well.... but the HD.. OMG !!

I set it up with these settings... (from another member)
Picture: 9
Brightness: -3
Sharpness: 0
Color Temp: Normal
Color Mngmt: off
Black Extension: 1
W/B High R: -8
W/B High B: -18
W/B Low R: 5
W/B Low B: 10
Gamma: 2.2
AGC: Off

Going from a 13 year old Mits. 35" Tube to the TH-42PHD8UK is simply an exilirating move.
Purchased from PcConnection and the Service was Spotless, ordered on thursday, and I got my TV on monday. They were fantasic !!!!!!
Thank you PcConnection, seamless transaction, I couldn't be more happy!!!!!

Originally ordered from Buy.com, as they showed they had it in stock, but then they emailed my they didn't....

Got a Pedestal Stand off Ebay, for $5.50 and $30. shipping... Can't Beat That.

CONS: I love this product, other then I can't stretch image unless source is 480p, but I knew that before I got the TV, and I can live with it...
post #246 of 2137 Old 11-25-2005, 10:19 PM

I bought the Hitachi HDM12 42" Plasma last week. The price is really what won me over. For a while, i thought i was going to get the 42PD50U. But i was not content getting EDTV. I did have to sacrifce some things with the Hitachi. Most notably, the absence of tuners and very limited inputs. But with digitial cable with HD signal, i have no need for tuners.

So far i love this TV. Great picture, especially when watching HD picture. Can't wait to play xbox 360 on this baby in a couple weeks.
post #247 of 2137 Old 11-26-2005, 06:27 PM

Just pulled the trigger on the Vizio 50" plasma at Coscto. Was all set to get the Panny 50 when this thing caught my eye, and the price difference was enough to get SWMBO a new mop & snow shovel, plus a few dinners out.
post #248 of 2137 Old 11-27-2005, 07:51 AM

Purchased the Enhanced Definition Plasma "VIORE" from WALMART on Black Friday for less than a grand. Never seen or heard of the brand before....relied on owner comments made by posters here at AVS. Extremely surprise with the picture quality.... DIRECTV-HTL via DVI, XBOX via component. My father bought one...... connected via standard DIRECTV S-Video and again great picture quality. I recommend this unit without any reservation.....for the price.

Happy Holidays!

The Student
post #249 of 2137 Old 11-28-2005, 08:46 AM

HI everybody,

Just wanted to brag about my new TH50PHD8UK! Got it on Wednesday just in time for Thanksgiving. (Thanks to great service from DTVCity-- Absolutely superb experience with them!)

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model".

I have been researching this for several months, reading, watching, and learning. I knew that I didn't need speakers or tuner, so that helped. I especially like that it has a VERY simple black bezel and a relatively small logo. Critical for satisfying my designer wife! As it was, she was a bit pissed that I got a 50 rather than the 42, but now that she sees it set up and in operation, she LOVES it! (Gulp, Phew!)

3. What you like best about your Plasma.

We weren't feeding our 36"XBR Sony Tube an HD signal (no cable box), so actually seeing HD from the TW SA8300HD box in the house for the first time has been super fun! I really didn't know what we've been missing... Anybody know of someone in San Diego that wants a perfect 36"XBR Sony Tube?

4. What you don't like about your Plasma.

I have a hard time picking on this purchase, but if there was one thing, it would be that I am supposed to save the GIGANTOR shipping boxes. Arrgh, getting those to fit into the garage and out of the way of the cars took a bit of doing, and it cost me at least 2 hours of TV viewing time!

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had.

Hmmm, I think its got what I need...

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.

Do your best to dispel the notion that these devices are so delicate!

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma.

The ease with which we could watch it in a rather bright room. Originally, I was quite concerned about the light levels and reflections making it difficult to see however, happily, even with the brightness and contrast dialed down for "break-in" it is quite watchable!

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma.

Not really a problem or issue with the Plasma, but we have been struggling about exactly where we will hide the cable box, reciever, DVD etc... We found a beautiful articulated arm to mount it on, but I think we will have to do some additional blocking in the wall to support the beast, lest it pull the house down! For now it is set up on a low castered table, and it looks great!

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it.

Considering that I paid $2500 for the SONY XBR 36" Tube in 2001 and I paid only $750 more than that for a 50" PDP (including HDMI and DVI blades) last week, Yes, no doubt about it. It seems like a big jump in screen size and technology for the money.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged.

Don't sit on the fence forever waiting for the next big thing, get what you can now and start enjoying it!

Regards,
Marty
post #250 of 2137 Old 11-28-2005, 01:45 PM

Just bought LG DU-42PY10X
post #251 of 2137 Old 11-29-2005, 06:35 AM

1. Panasonic 42PX500u

2. What convinced you to purchase this particular "Model". Consumer Reports, comparisons in store. Couldn't suck up a 50 in my viewing room - used cardboard cutouts of both sizes to help with the comparisons before buying.

3. What you like best about your Plasma. Picture and audio quality, connections flexibility, PIP, TV Guide.

4. What you don't like about your Plasma. Heavy.

5. What "Feature(s)" you wish your Plasma had. None

6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your Plasma. None

7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma. You can change the size of PIP by using the Aspect control - nicely produces a large picture beside a small picture (all the on-line literature said you couldn't control the PIP sizing).

8. What "Problems or Issues" have you had with your Plasma. Some initial problems with the tuner not recovering from "poor picture quality" OTA messages.

9. Do you really think that todays "Prices" are worth it. Every discretionary purchase is worth what you pay for it unless someone has a gun pointed at your head.

10. Any additional information that you want to add is encouraged. Audio quality is much better than expect - the 500u speakers are quite good (my wife hates to use the stereo system with TV).
post #252 of 2137 Old 11-29-2005, 10:18 AM

1. The "Model" you have.
I bought the HP model PL-4200N.

I was looking to buy the panasonic 42PX500U and the salesman at 6ave electronics said I could get a better price with that model. Apparently HP purchased the TV from panasonic so the TV has almost all the features of the 500U. It has the exact same look, PIP, speakers, options etc. The only thing missing is the TVGuide.

Viewing sports is best but really I am still getting used to it. The colors are great and the TV itself is very well designed.

I am not so certain that its the plasma or the signal but analog programs do not look as sharp on the plasma as they do on my old Magnavox 32". I am a bit frustrated by the fact that its not a slam dunk in terms of viewing compatibility.
I would like the 4:3 display to be movable so I could position it wherever on the screen I wanted to reduce the chances of afterimage problems. Also the color/picture display adjustments are done through a menu and I would prefer a button similar to normal TVs.
6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacture" about your Plasma.
Cut the prices more. The more TV's that get sold to the general public the sooner the changeover from analog will occur.
Image was not clear for some channels. Again very frustrating. The next thing that caught me off guard was the reception for DVD's. The picture was fantastic but since my DVD's are all widescreen the letterboxing size surpriced me. I figure the actual picture is only 1/3 the size of the screen. I can use zoom but then I lose some detail.
Gee can I say it again. Images that are not clear on plasma are crystal clear on regular TV. If I designed a product that was not backward compatible my company would fire me.
I had plasma fever and now that it is over I can say that the cost was not worth it, yet. If and when all channels are broadcast in HD then I can say that yes I have a great TV.
I love that the TV is light and thin. The connections in the back were enough for my purposes and easy to figure out. I am getting the cablecard installed on my TV so I figure that my reception should improve a bit.
post #253 of 2137 Old 11-30-2005, 10:32 PM

1. Model: Pioneer 435XHD (same as 4350HD without separate media receiver and 1 instead of 2 HDMI inputs). Have had for 2 weeks.

2. Why purchased: Was leaning toward a Panasonic but was swayed by price and features. I felt this was a better unit that was better priced for the features it had compared to the Panasonic (was on sale) Panasonics were backordered at the time, as well.

3. Likes: The HD picture is phenomenal !! Watching HD is the only way to go. I also liked the look of the panel and the quality of the construction, very nice fit and finish. Since I plan on a wall mount, I also like that the connectors are vertical and near the bottom of the panel. Easier to connect and allows the panel to be very close to the wall. The remote has a nice layout and feel.

4. Dislikes: SD channels dont look as good as my old Panasonic CRT (but it's pretty close). Concerns about "burn-in" (which may be overstated) keeps me stretching the display to fill the entire panel. This isnt the optimum picture quality for anything except HD.

5. Features I wish it had: At least one more HDMI input. As more devices are introduced, this may be a bottleneck as HDMI is supposed to have the most bandwidth and produce the best picture (I havent tested it compared to component cables to determine if I can tell the difference, however). I would also have preferred the model with a separate media receiver as it makes connections easier and simplifies cable management (but I wouldn't pay the price difference for that feature). One set of A/V inputs on the front of the panel would be nicer for a camcorder, etc.

6. Advice to the manufacturer: A bit early to have well developed suggestions but I was disappointed at the lack of information on the Pioneer website (nothing for this model) so I'd recommend that they have a more comprehensive website with more detailed information on all models.

7. Biggest surprise after getting it installed: Some lower quality SD channels on my cable. While not really bad, this unit is less forgiving than my old Panasonic CRT in this regard.

8. Issues: None yet (after two weeks of ownership). Pretty satisfied so far.

9. Price was a big factor but the drop over the last year (in conjunction with the sale price on this unit) was enough for me to take the plunge. If the reliability is good, then I'll be satisfied even if I kick myself 6 months from now if the prices are even lower then.

10. Anything additional: Nothing at this time.
post #254 of 2137 Old 12-01-2005, 09:30 AM

Viewer167 - I'm a newbie too, and I don't to sidetrack this thread, but this doesn't sound right...

"7. What was your biggest "Surprise" after you received your Plasma.
Image was not clear for some channels. Again very frustrating. The next thing that caught me off guard was the reception for DVD's. The picture was fantastic but since my DVD's are all widescreen the letterboxing size surpriced me. I figure the actual picture is only 1/3 the size of the screen. I can use zoom but then I lose some detail."

Isn't there a setting on your DVD player that just needs to be changed to 16:9???
post #255 of 2137 Old 12-01-2005, 04:37 PM

I got the TH-42PHD8UK two days ago.... I love it...

Hooked it up with component to the SA3250... HD is amazing..
even the regular channels are very nice.

I copied these settings... (from another member)
Picture: 9
Brightness: -3
Sharpness: 0
Color Temp: Normal
Color Mngmt: off
Black Extension: 1
W/B High R: -8
W/B High B: -18
W/B Low R: 5
W/B Low B: 10
Gamma: 2.2
AGC: Off
post #256 of 2137 Old 12-02-2005, 01:20 PM

thanks for the above settings, mine are very similiar

Panasonic 58" V10 Plasma
Toshiba HD-A3
Sony PS3 80GB
Onkyo TX-SR805
Emotiva XPA-5
Carver AL-III+ - Fronts
Sunfire CRM-2C & CRM-2's
AV123 MFW-15 Subwoofer
post #257 of 2137 Old 12-02-2005, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheridave View Post

I want to hear from you guys about your Plasmas. This is not a "Mine is Better than Yours" thread. Be thoughtful and honest.

Just got a new display? Post it here ONLY: please do not start a new thread

Tell me the following:

1. The "Model" you have.

Pioneer 5060

I have always admired the pioneers, the shortage of panasonics sealed the deal

Sweet picture and gloss black bezel

Silver stand(soon to be painted black)

Mind control remote

Send me a rebate

How simple it was to set up

None to date

That is subjetive, they finally are for me though.

50 inches is too small, there looms a larger plasma in my future, I alread have a space planned for this on in the bedroom.

Thanks.

Dave

bodine
post #258 of 2137 Old 12-02-2005, 10:15 PM

Getting the TV soon. Finally, the Panny 8UK is back in stock.

How are the PCconnectiona and TV authority handle the return? I heard that PCconnection will replace if there is something wrong within 30 days. I will give them a call tomorrow, but just want to hear opinions from people who bought from them before.

Thank you very much.
post #259 of 2137 Old 12-03-2005, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

1. The "Model" you have.

PDP-5060HD

Media Box, Slim Cabinet, Track Record, Picture, No Floating Blacks.

Cabinet

Tuner

Tuner with 2 Ant inputs that can do Cable HD or OTA HD

Look at Sony HDD250 DVR Tuner

That 50" fit wonderfully. That the tuner was really dumb.

Just dumb tuner. Tuner is very usable though.

A bit high for this model.

See my review

Pioneer 5050 Review Link

post #260 of 2137 Old 12-05-2005, 05:21 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Pany 42 phd8uk

Needed 42inch foot print, did not need tuner, speakers, inputs. Slick form factor, and lots of reviews citing it as a tremendous display.

Sleek, slick and impressive PQ

BNC connectors required new cables, or converters. Band SD cable reception through mut composite to s-video converter while waiting on my HD set top box.

1080p? Native HD? does the laundry? Dishes?

More info dispelling burn in and brake in procedures.

How sharp the picture is

using composite to s-video for digi cable input right now... really bad gohosting and image blur.... not sexy

Purchased from DTVCity for just over 2k. Not a bad deal in my book for a high end TV.

Just do your home work. This is not a purchase that you want to do quickly. Find the right display, and a good reputable dealer.
post #261 of 2137 Old 12-06-2005, 09:49 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Hitachi 55HDS52

screen size, good looking cabinet, PQ, features, power swivel stand

I love everything about this plasma, but the power swivel stand is the coolest. It's very convenient to get rid of pesky reflections from backlighting now.

My only minor gripe is that the remote seems to have a very narrow field of view. The range of operation is fine, it just needs to be precisely pointed at the TV to work properly.

Another feature that originally attracted me to the Hitachi line was the media box (the 51 series??). Though the discontinuance of this in the newer models wasn't a deal breaker, it would have been all the better.

I think Hitachi offers a great product, but it was difficult to find a dealer - work on distribution! Also, a separate "media box version" of each model would have made my decision easier

The weight: this thing is very heavy; especially with the power swivel attached.
The screen size: 55 inches is monstrous when you get it home!! WOW =)

None so far.

This is subjective. For me, it was definitely worth it. Although this was my first plasma purchase, I have been anxiously watching prices drop for a few years. The main thing that was holding me back was my living room space. We recently moved to a larger home with a nice big living room, so that paved the way for my decision. The fact that prices have dropped considerably was a nice byproduct of my hesitation.

More manufacturers should offer a power-swivel stand, as well as, varied cabinet styling.
post #262 of 2137 Old 12-08-2005, 07:38 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panny - TH-50PM50U- Costco model. Got the 4th to the last one in the US Costco had according to them. (Same as TH-50PX50U) but with no tuner, funny thing is when it came in the box, it has 50PX50U all OVER IT !!! and has a COAX input??

Because from this and other forums, this Panny is THE best, 8th gen Glass, and the fact that pretty much ANYWHERE in America or Canada its outta stock gives you an idea. Yea, everybody else has Pio's and LG's and blah, blah, blah....... not Panny's

I plugged it in last night (Dec 7th, 8:33pm) and it came to life right away, NO DAMN CONVERGENCE or other BS !!... and no sweet spot !!! Bye bye projection..

Haven't had time to see anything bad yet.

Need to play with it more.

Menu system needs to be alittle easier.

That's a big BOX!!!

None.

Every SINGLE DAMN PENNY !!! for the Panny !!

post #263 of 2137 Old 12-10-2005, 06:44 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panasonic 50PX50U

This forum and other reviews I've read about the Panasonic plasmas

The picture has tremendous WOW factor.

Nothing yet.

It has all the features I need right now. Later on, I might wish for more.

Can't think of any.

That size does matter !! I can't believe how much larger 50" is in my house than it was on the showroom floor.

None

Yes, I've been waiting long enough.

post #264 of 2137 Old 12-11-2005, 10:54 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panasonic 50PHD8UK

Reviews I've read about the Panasonic plasmas, both consumer and commercial.

The picture is incredible right out of the box.

Nothing.

More inputs. I'm an input hog. Would like 2 component and 2 HDMI. Yes!

Keep up the good work.

How realistic COX HD channels look. It's like being there.

None

It would be great if all HDTVs levelled off at about a grand cheaper than they are right now.

post #265 of 2137 Old 12-11-2005, 06:54 PM

1. The "Model" you have.

Pioneer Elite 1130 50" 6th gen screen

Currently one of the best on the market at this moment, 6th gen screen, beautiful black frame, and did I say one of the best? It was either going to be the 61 inch Pioneer Elite but Pioneer hasn't yet offered the 61" with the 50" technology.

The absolute clean black look of the frame.

Very pricey, could be a bit bigger. I sit anywhere from 6tp even 12ft away from the screen. Though 50" seems like a perfect fit, I believe an extra 5 inches would make it nothing but perfect.

More outputs on the external reciever. Screen saver would be nice.

Though I heard Pioneer already does the break in on burn in, I'm not quite sure if they did it or not. Other than that? Absolutely nothing else, this PLASMA kills all in terms of performance and aesthetics!

Needs calibration ASAP.

So far nothing yet.

It all depends. Who doesn't like to get the best bang for their buck? Honestly, the Pioneer Elite series is quite very expensive and it's too soon to say whether or not it's worth it. But then again, for Pioneer's Elite series, you're definitely paying more for simply the name and it's always nice to have the best. Either way, you have to pay to play. The price of playing is solely up to the user.

-Vince
post #266 of 2137 Old 12-12-2005, 08:25 AM

1. The "Model" you have.

Panasonic TH42PX50U

Online reviews, including lurking these forums, and seeing it in action. I was originally considering a Sony LCD projection set, but the picture quality difference was too much to ignore.

The picture.

If I have to pick something, it would be the speakers. My 32" Panasonic CRT which this replaces had much better speakers. But I only use them for watching regular TV, movies go through the surround sound system so it's kind of a moot point.

In the future I'll probably wish it has more than just one HDMI input, but right now I can connect everything I need to.

Make the default picture presets a little more reasonable. Vivid is just silly, Standard is almost OK if you reduce the sharpness and increase the Brightness, and Cinema is way too dark even in a dark room.

How quick and easy it was to set up and get at least reasonably calibrated.

None.

You spend $25,000 or more on a car which lasts maybe five years and in which the majority of your time is probably spent commuting to work. Spending $3000 on a TV which you can enjoy with your family for the same amount of time is well worth it.

I bought the TV at CC on 12/1 and it was delivered on 12/6. So far I've mostly watched 1.85:1 DVD's on it and a bit of analog tv in Just mode. I did a quick calibration using the THX Optimizer on the Aliens DVD; For movies I have the picture settings at Cinema; Color Temperature Medium ; Picture 5, Brightness 9, Color -4, Tint 0, and Sharpness 0. I have Comcast and am getting a digital / HD box installed this week, so I'm looking forward to that.
post #267 of 2137 Old 12-12-2005, 04:44 PM

1. Model: Vizio P50HDM
2. Although I had firmly decided on the Panny 50", the display (and price)at Costco as well as the thread on the AVS Forum made me go for it.
3. Best Feature: Two HDMI inputs, two Component inputs. This lets me use my DVD and Sat Receiver without having to buy an HDMI switch or new HT Receiver.
4. Don't like the permanent speakers. I would like to remove them for a cleaner look, since they won't be used.
5. Features I wish it had: Discreet input switching and discreet power on/off instead of the "toggling"
6. Advice to manufacturer: Make the speakers removable (or optional) and provide discreet remote codes for input selections.
7. Biggest surprise: HDMI was clearly superior in image quality compared to component. I had read several complaints on other sets that component was either the same or superior to HDMI.
8. Problems: none
9. Price: This is the lease expensive 50" Plasma I'd seen, but the quallity is, IMHO, equal to anything I've personally seen.
post #268 of 2137 Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 PM

1. Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK

2. Highly recommended by many people and locations.

3. That's no plasma - it's a space station!

4. I can't get the DVI board to accept 1366x768 native from my powerbook.

5. Better S-Video.

6. Make it not weigh eighteen billion pounds.

7. It is a LOT bigger than I thought it would be.

8. I can't seem to get DVI to accept 1366x768 (1360 and 1368 are possible, though)

9. Sure!

10. This model is only going up in price. Very good deal.
post #269 of 2137 Old 12-13-2005, 07:22 PM

1. Maxent 42X3

2. I bought it because after some research had Panny internals and had a picture close to units more than twice it's price.

3. I love the picture and the price.

4. I have nothing to complain about.

5. I wish it has a better native resolution and back lit controller. That is all I could find wrong with the set.

6. See 5.

7. There were no surprise I had seen and researched this unit for a while.

8. No problems.

9. The price was worth it, I got it at 10% under retail so it made it even more of a steal.

10. The only suggestion I can make to those thinking of purchasing this unit is buy it now. See it, don't think just buy. These are becoming hard to find and worth the price by far.

Panny TH-50PE700U
post #270 of 2137 Old 12-14-2005, 12:38 PM

1. The "Model" you have.
-pioneer pdp 5061hd
-Contrast Ratio, Black Level, viewing angles
-The great picture
nothing
two input pic in pic (now its just cable or input i have no cable and use sat so i cant pic in pic pc and sat or pc and dvd)
6. What advice or suggestion would you make to the "Manufacturer" about your Plasma.
more pic in pic options
hgow awsome discover hd theater looks!!!
2 pixles stuck at red cant see unless on top of the screen
havent called yet to fix
9. Do you really think that today's "Prices" are worth it.
still alittle much
pioneer is the way to go!!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Th 37lru50 37 Inch , Panasonic 37 Inch Plasma Display Th 37pr11uk , Panasonic Th 42pwd8uk 42 Inch Plasma Edtv , Lg 60pm6700 Plasma Hdtv , Lg , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Samsung 51 Inch Pn51e530 Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P50st60 50 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn60e7000 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Ultra Slim Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Th65vx300u 65 Inch 3d 1080p Premiere Display , Panasonic Tc P65s60 65 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f5300 60 Inch 1080p 600hz Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc 65ps64 65 Inch , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st50 Plasma Tv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 3d Kit , Samsung Pn64d550 64 Inch
Gear in this thread - P50st50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page