FAQ & RULES LINKS_ Plasma & Panasonic Plasma FAQ - Read First! - Page 45 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1321 of 1376 Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga6 View Post

Does anyone know what the return policy is for PanasonicDirect.com? (Panugurl??) I'm going to be ordering a 58" plasma from them and would like to know what the process is for returning, if I need to. The website only says I'd contact Plasma Concierge to "set up" this and that. What does that mean? Would I need to ship it back? Or will Plasma Concierge send someone to our house to re-box it up and take it away? Also, does anyone have experience with returning items thru PanasonicDirect.com?

THANKS FOR THE LAUGH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1376 Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga6
Does anyone know what the return policy is for PanasonicDirect.com? (Panugurl??) I'm going to be ordering a 58" plasma from them and would like to know what the process is for returning, if I need to. The website only says I'd contact Plasma Concierge to "set up" this and that. What does that mean? Would I need to ship it back? Or will Plasma Concierge send someone to our house to re-box it up and take it away? Also, does anyone have experience with returning items thru PanasonicDirect.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman4 View Post

THANKS FOR THE LAUGH

Bushman,

At 11:15am today, I got off the phone with Michael at Panasonic Direct Sales. He said that, for returns, all I have to do is call the Plasma Concierge help line and they will set everything up. This includes getting someone to come out to either fix the set or haul it away as another is delivered. Panny pays for return shipping, too. He suggested that the call be made within the first week, but they have a 30 days "no questions asked" return policy.

I'm sorry if I inhibited your laughter.

"In life, the only risk we run, is not taking one."
post #1323 of 1376 Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 PM

Hi everyone. I hope this thread is ok to post this question on.

I recently changed apartments and had my plasma remounted. The panny was off for about three days. After getting all the cables reconnected at the new place, I can't get an HDMI signal to work Other 3 slots work fine (component1, component 2, RGB)

I tried multiple sources (Sci Atlanta 8300, MacMini, Toshiba HD-A1 DVD player) and I can't get any of them to appear on the panny. Just get the no signal message in yellow letters. The HDMI blade (TY-FB7HM) worked fine before, but now nothing. I have it in slot number 1.

I tried everything. Powered off the plasma by pulling the power cord, took out the blade and reinstalled, multiple sources, etc.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
post #1324 of 1376 Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

When I originally bought my TH-42PHD6UY my D* receiver and DVD player only had DVI out so I bought a DVI blade for the 6UY. A few years later all the receivers and DVD players have HDMI out. I would like to buy an HDMI blade so I can get audio and video to the monitor on a single cable. Does anyone know where one could get one of these? If someone has one for sale please PM me.

Thanks.

bill
post #1325 of 1376 Old 10-06-2007, 09:59 AM

i`ll wait for the lasertv. Wij throw away many dollars when a new, better and cheaper technology is coming.
They say it`ll arrive at christmas or at the beginning next year. This all i found at www.lsrtv.com
Wikipedia has some nice info about this to
post #1326 of 1376 Old 10-07-2007, 08:22 PM

Liked: 14
Hi all,

I got Sharp 52D82U thru F/F promotion. After hooking up to HD source, I'm noticing banding (on different place and with different scenes).

Are banding, cloding etc. issues only happening with LCD tv's? What about plasma tv, can they also have banding issues?

pls. let me know, it will help me deciding my tv
post #1327 of 1376 Old 10-19-2007, 04:01 AM

nice post......................
post #1328 of 1376 Old 10-19-2007, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eridarda View Post

i`ll wait for the lasertv. Wij throw away many dollars when a new, better and cheaper technology is coming.
They say it`ll arrive at christmas or at the beginning next year. This all i found at www.lsrtv.com
Wikipedia has some nice info about this to

"Throw away" many dollars? What does that mean? Sure, there will always be new technologies coming down the pike. But if you think for one minute you won't be paying a HUGE early-adopter premium for this technology --if one is to believe it will actually be available or live up to the marketing hype--you're a bit naive. Plus, you end up without the benefit of HDTV for yet another year. Life is short, man. You have to pull the trigger sometime.

The claim they seem to be making is that you'll be able to see more accurate colors with laser technology. I'd say the majority of people who have a decent plasma or decent (not cheapo) LCD now would be pretty happy with the color fidelity.
post #1329 of 1376 Old 10-23-2007, 09:13 AM

I have been looking into this laser technology since I heard about it at the beginning of the summer. I have talked with a lot of vendors and it appears the technology is not as far along as the press releases and website would have you believe. Check the source of all of the info - it is from the developer of the chip, not from a single manufacturer. Don't hold your breath for these laser tv's any time soon.
post #1330 of 1376 Old 11-22-2007, 02:13 PM

Am a newbie to the forum here, but have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I want to buy a plasma for our cottage. What I'm concerned about is that it is a 4 season cottage, heated by a wood fireplace in the winter & cold weather etc. Am out there most weekends, but the cottage is at ambient season/winter temperatures when not occupied.

Can a plasma withstand temperatures that can easily fall to probably -35c during the winter months (normal Manitoba winter) without causing any damage? It would be brought up to normal room temp of course, before any use. I sure hope so, but not holding my breath on this one.

Thanks for any advice on this issue.

Dave
post #1331 of 1376 Old 11-23-2007, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeesh! -35C "normal Manitoba winter". My 42PH9UK manual only seems to list "operating temperatures, which goes down to 0C. Just thinking about this question gives me chills.
post #1332 of 1376 Old 11-26-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsteves View Post

Yeesh! -35C "normal Manitoba winter". My 42PH9UK manual only seems to list "operating temperatures, which goes down to 0C. Just thinking about this question gives me chills.

I had contacted Panasonic support and all they sent me back were the exact same specs for a plasma, that are listed below almost all advertised displays. They will not commit themselves to saying anything beyond their original specs. I can't believe that someone in the forum hasn't had to deal with this issue. Am still hoping for an answer from a forum member who has had some first hand experience with this kind of temperature situation.
post #1333 of 1376 Old 11-27-2007, 07:44 PM

Review of TH58PZ700U
post #1334 of 1376 Old 11-27-2007, 07:48 PM

Panasonic 58" plasma tv model no. TH58PZ700U- provide your recommendation to purchase this tv.
post #1335 of 1376 Old 12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Does anyone know how to adjust overscan on a Panasonic plasma? I can get into the SM, but I can't find an overscan adjustment.
post #1336 of 1376 Old 12-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samijubal View Post

Does anyone know how to adjust overscan on a Panasonic plasma? I can get into the SM, but I can't find an overscan adjustment.

I wouldn't mess with anything in the service menu. Adjusting the overscan is user adjustable and is under "Picture", "Other Adjustments", and "HD Size". The options are either Size 1 or Size 2...from the 750U manual:

"Selects between 95 % (Size 1) or 100 % (Size 2) for the scanning area when HDTV. (Size 1/ Size 2)
Select “Size 1” if noise is generated on the edges of the screen.
Size 1: Selected item for “HD size”. Scanning 95%
Size 2: Selected item for “HD size”. Scanning 100%"

"In life, the only risk we run, is not taking one."
post #1337 of 1376 Old 12-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 75
It's not adjustable in the user menu on my TV. I'm perfectly comfortable using the SM on a TV. Every new TV I get I go into the SM and make adjustments. I just can't find an overscan adjustment in the SM on the Panasonic plasma.
post #1338 of 1376 Old 12-13-2007, 04:54 PM

I can't find a compatible resolution between my Panasonic TH-50PZ77u and my PC... I am using Powerstrip and going from VGA to HDMI through a converter and I've tried just about every resolution and only a few low res work with horrible quality. I know I'm missing something simple here but I just can't figure it out. Please assist. Thanks!!!
post #1339 of 1376 Old 12-16-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:

I can't find a compatible resolution between my Panasonic TH-50PZ77u and my PC... I am using Powerstrip and going from VGA to HDMI through a converter and I've tried just about every resolution and only a few low res work with horrible quality. I know I'm missing something simple here but I just can't figure it out. Please assist. Thanks!!!

I had one of my many PC's hooked up to my 77U and it was perfect the only problem was that at the native resolution 1920 X 1080 the fonts and icons were so small from my normal viewing distance that it wasn't worth using the HTPC setup. It was cool to see the PC on a huge monitor but in the end I just removed the PC and use the plasma for what it is designed for which is phenominal movies and TV. I would suggest you purchase a new video card with a DVI output and get a DVi to HDMI convertor and hokup the PC this way which is how I had it connected and it worked flawlessly. I was using an ATI Radeon 9550 but any of the newer cards with DVI out should work fine. If there are any cards available with HDMI out that would be even better as it would negate the purchase of the DVI adapter.
post #1340 of 1376 Old 12-20-2007, 03:46 PM

I own the TH-PWD42 and would like to know all of the serial number locations. Other than the ridiculous sticker which can be so easily removed by petty thieves, wouldn't there be SOME other place (like in the service menu) that a corporation as large as Panasonic might put the sole piece of information related to proof of ownership? I guess there is no real inventory control over there at Panny; wonder if they are currently accepting applications in the shipping department...

post #1341 of 1376 Old 02-02-2008, 08:14 AM

I'm excited about the prospects of laser tv, as it appears laser powered micromonitors, handsets, and even front projectors are in the works.

http://laser-tv.org
post #1342 of 1376 Old 02-26-2008, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave.me View Post

Can a plasma withstand temperatures that can easily fall to probably -35c during the winter months (normal Manitoba winter) without causing any damage? It would be brought up to normal room temp of course, before any use.

I realize you asked this some time ago, but your question made me curious. Checking a lot of online sources, it seems that Panasonic sometimes quotes a minimum storage temperature of -20C. That generally matches other TV manufacturers' specifications, and seems to be the consensus of option. I'm not sure that's based on actual tests or experience of problems, but I don't think I would risk storing it at a lower temperature. There is genuine cause for concern with a large glass panel with fine cell structures etched into it.

Keep in mind that although the outdoor ambient temp in Manitoba can get down to -40C on a cold winter night, the daytime temperature is seldom below -25C even during a cold snap. Your cabin will tend to stay at a warmer average temperature indoors, especially if you have any residual heat source or any electrical gear operating in standby mode. The TV itself will stay a bit warmer than the surroundings due to standy power consumption if you leave it plugged in and the power to the cabin turned on.
post #1343 of 1376 Old 03-01-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intheswamp View Post

Here is the Evangelos Angelides link.

Ed

Awesome, thanks also
post #1344 of 1376 Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga6 View Post

I wouldn't mess with anything in the service menu. Adjusting the overscan is user adjustable and is under "Picture", "Other Adjustments", and "HD Size". The options are either Size 1 or Size 2...from the 750U manual:

"Selects between 95 % (Size 1) or 100 % (Size 2) for the scanning area when HDTV. (Size 1/ Size 2)
Select Size 1 if noise is generated on the edges of the screen.
Size 1: Selected item for HD size. Scanning 95%
Size 2: Selected item for HD size. Scanning 100%"

My image is larger than the viewable area. But my HD Size is greyed for me. I am using a component video connection. Perhaps that is the problem?

------------------------------------------
HTPC - Okoro Media HTPC
post #1345 of 1376 Old 06-05-2008, 01:15 AM

Hi all,

Last night I had a go at calibrating a Panasonic 42PV600 plasma. The goal was to calibrate the CINEMA picture mode with input from HDMI2.

However, when I enter the service menu the picture mode seems to change to DYNAMIC - and it also seems to store the changes made to the service menu parameters in the DYNAMIC profile.

Does anybody know how to access/store the CINEMA mode service menu parameters on this set?

Above the whitebalance parameters in the service menu the word "Normal" is visible - whhich is quite confusing since changes at stored in the DYNAMIC profile and since I can not find a way to change the "Normal" label...

All inputs are greatly appreciated.

Lars
post #1346 of 1376 Old 10-11-2008, 02:45 AM

sigh.. was searching for laser tv's disadvantages on wiki and i found out that its laser could be harmful to human eyes even with some sort of filter in the front also still dangerous. SED and FED are out. i guess only OLED can be better. best to the environment and hoping the 'blue' can live longer
post #1347 of 1376 Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 AM

oops..
post #1348 of 1376 Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccojoco View Post

I'm excited about the prospects of laser tv, as it appears laser powered micromonitors, handsets, and even front projectors are in the works.

http://laser-tv.org

I think I will wait a few years before I even look into Laser TV's. During that time I will enjoy my plasma for as long as it lasts.

Samsung PN50A450
Samsung Blu Ray
Panasonic HT SCPT960K
Videotron - Illico HD terminal
post #1349 of 1376 Old 11-11-2008, 03:47 PM

My head is spinning. So, if I want a great display for my new Blu-ray player, but don't want to spend a million dollars, what should be my low-end budget? $1200?
post #1350 of 1376 Old 11-12-2008, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Depends on what size you want. There are a lot of good TVs for under $1000.

Panny Plasma Junkie: TC-P50VT20, TC-P50G15, TH-42PX60U
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page