post #901 of 928 Old 01-19-2006, 06:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer340
Hey D-Nice, thanks for your help. I have a setting called Auto Size, is that similar to Auto Format? If so, I turned it off, then manually changed the display to 4:3. When I did so, the area that I would have expected to see grey bars actually displayed part of what was in the 4:3 area of the screen.

Does what I'm describing make sense? So, for example, picture an image being displayed in the 4:3 area of the screen. Then slice that in to 3's. The left third of the image was also being displayed where the left grey bar should have been, and the right third of the image was also being displayed where the right grey bar should have been.

This also appears to be happening when I play a DVD. Is my TV screwed?
Find the setting in the options menu for the side bars. Set it to fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 928 Old 01-19-2006, 06:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfamily
Hi
A Question about dead/bad pixel on pioneer plasma
I found one red dot in display by accident. Just connect PC to Pio to check image retention went away or not and found one red spot on it.
1/ Is it normal for plasma & can be recovered as image retention ?
2/ Can dead/bad pixel spread out later on ?
Tks

Normal for a pasma to have a dead pixel? Yes

Will it spread? No
post #903 of 928 Old 01-19-2006, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice
Find the setting in the options menu for the side bars. Set it to fixed.
Hey, that worked. :) You should change your name from "D-Nice" to "D-Man".

Are grey bars better than black bars to prevent burn in?

Either way, I was under the impression that if the color of the bars fluctuated it was better for preventing burn in. Since my display is set to fixed should I not use the bars?

What do other people do when displaying in 4:3? Do you use the bars or do you use the wide mode?
post #904 of 928 Old 03-04-2006, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0362
I have a PDP4350
Yes my HDMI is enabled.

Has anyone had any issues with the HDIM sound on the media box?

Lately I have had the sound cut out. I have had to turn the TV off and back on in order for the sound to come back. Has anyone had this problem? I am curious if it is my COX cable box. Cox says it is not them.
Only when I fast fwd then rewind. The sound quits working occasionally. I connect the 6412 using HDMI.
post #905 of 928 Old 03-05-2006, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer340
What do other people do when displaying in 4:3? Do you use the bars or do you use the wide mode?
No like "wide". I vary my content pretty evenly between 16:9, 4:3, top/bottom bars and side bars, so I don't sweat burn-in too much.
post #906 of 928 Old 03-06-2006, 11:06 AM

Hey all,

Great thread!

Have my 5050 up and running now...so far so good. I have a simple question regarding picture settings. I am seeing what I call an "oil painting" quality to the on screen image (I think Pioneer calls it "false contouring" in their literature). Is this a setting issue that I have not dicovered yet?

Thanks
post #907 of 928 Old 06-26-2006, 10:16 PM

Hello Everyone:

I have a Elite Pro92HD that I purchased from Best Buy/Magnolia in November of 2005. Yesterday, my display shut itself off for no apparent reason. I unplugged it and plugged it back in; it worked for about 2 hours but then shut itself off again. Now, nothing happens.

However, I note the following on the media receiver when unplugging and plugging in the media receiver:

1. The light for Rec timer flashes once and then is dark.
2. The lights for "On" and "Standby" are solid and are green and red respectively.

The unit itself is well ventilated but I did notice the fan having a sputtered start and stop earlier (now, it doesn't go at all).

Do I have the beginnings of a dead box? Any thoughts? If I send it to BB/Magnolia for repair, what is people's experience as far as turn around time on a repair (the wife and kids are already angry at 1 days' loss).

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thx.
John
post #908 of 928 Old 06-27-2006, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinnbone
Hello Everyone:

I have a Elite Pro92HD that I purchased from Best Buy/Magnolia in November of 2005. Yesterday, my display shut itself off for no apparent reason. I unplugged it and plugged it back in; it worked for about 2 hours but then shut itself off again. Now, nothing happens.

However, I note the following on the media receiver when unplugging and plugging in the media receiver:

1. The light for Rec timer flashes once and then is dark.
2. The lights for "On" and "Standby" are solid and are green and red respectively.

The unit itself is well ventilated but I did notice the fan having a sputtered start and stop earlier (now, it doesn't go at all).

Do I have the beginnings of a dead box? Any thoughts? If I send it to BB/Magnolia for repair, what is people's experience as far as turn around time on a repair (the wife and kids are already angry at 1 days' loss).

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thx.
John
The fan should stay on all the time, so that's seems to be a sure sign something is not right. Maybe you can work a deal with BB/Magnolia to replace it with a 930. Since it's an Elite with a 2 yr warranty you still have coverage, so you could always call Pioneer and have them schedule a service tech to come out. I'm not sure whether it would be quicker to call Pioneer directly or take it to BB.
post #909 of 928 Old 06-27-2006, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinnbone
If you purchased the extended purchase plan, I guess you could go either route (Pio or BB). Personally, I'd prefer to have a Pio tech work on my TV. But, I'm spoiled because I live within 20 minutes of their US headquarters in Long Beach CA. I had a similar problem a while back(something to do with digital channels sending "bad" packets of data that caused a lockup/shutdown) and Pio sent a senior tech straight from headquarters, so my TV was fixed within a day. Just required a FW fix, that took the tech about 30-45mins to fix.

Not BB, but turned-in a CD player to CC under an extended warranty. Per warranty, requires 3 attempts to fix a problem before they'll offer a replacement. I eventually got a replacement, but each time took 2-4 weeks.
post #910 of 928 Old 08-01-2006, 09:05 AM

I have had my 1120 Elite for just over a year now. I have had many problems with it, and Pioneer has replaced the media receiver three times. I have some questions about the operation of other peoples media receivers. The most recent receiver that was replaced and it's replacement both had/have the same software version (6700), yet they behave very differently. With the latest replacement, when I change to a digital channel, the audio remains muted for about 2 seconds after the picture locks, the previous one emitted audio right away. What is normal for this? On the previous receiver, I discovered an (apparently) undocumented program guide screen that I could access by pressing the menu key and then the sat guide key. This program guide screen is no longer accessible with the latest replacement. I am suspicious that Pioneer is putting different versions of software in their receivers with the same version string, or there are some hidden configuration options that I don't know about. I still am having the problem with the replacement receiver where when I change from an analog channel to a digital channel, I sometimes get no audio at all, just picture. Anyone else experience this problem?
post #911 of 928 Old 08-01-2006, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

No noticeable problems with my 1120 since the aforementioned FW fix (see reply #899). I have HD DirecTivo via HDMI and Sony NS975V DVD player via HDMI. Any 'hiccups' while changing channels (between OTA and/or Sat digital channels), I've attributed to the HD DirecTivo, which is only slightly slower than my SD DirecTivo setup on my older TV. Nowhere near 2 second hiccups though. As for the "program guide" you mention, IIRC before hooking up the Tivo, I couldn't get the guide to work for OTA channels either.

Are you just OTA? So, when you say you're switching between digital and analog channels, does that mean you're switching between UHF and VHF signals? I could be wrong, but I thought most OTA digitals were UHF and analogs were VHF (at least in L.A. area). IIRC, when I had my old combo UHF/VHF antenna (have since installed CM4228 UHF only antenna), they VHF analog stations just looked awful on the 1120.
post #912 of 928 Old 08-01-2006, 03:58 PM

According to Pioneer, I have the latest firmware version (6700K). Post #899 does not mention a version number. I suspect that Pioneer configured some parameters in some hidden configuration menus to "dumb down" my receiver to work around the problems I am having, therefore the audio delay. Before going back to Alan and Bob at Pioneer, I thought I would try to find out what other's experience is.

Previously, when the repair guy came out, he entered some commands from a remote control and accessed some diagnostic screens. There were configuration options there (like controlling the fan speed), so I know such menus and configuration parameters exist, just not what they all do or how to access them.

I am OTA only. The analog (NTSC) channels are both VHF and UHF (doesn't make any difference) and they look fine. The digital (ATSC) channels are all UHF for now, but that will change when the analog stations shut down. I receive most of the Los Angeles market stations and the San Diego stations, so there is hardly a single channel that doesn't have at least one station broadcasting on it.
post #913 of 928 Old 08-02-2006, 08:02 AM

I've had my 1120 Elite for a year as well. I have not had any major problems. When I first got the Elite, I had the local dealer come out to reduce the buzzing noise the display was making (apparently a common occurence). The only other service I've had on it was replacing the two fans last month. They started getting noisy. The 24 hour response from the time my dealer (Paradym Audio in Sacramento) received my call, received replacement fans over night from Pioneer, and installed them the next day was excellent. I do not know what S/W version I'm running or how to find that out.

John
post #914 of 928 Old 08-02-2006, 09:24 AM

To see the software version, press and hold the display key on the remote. Hold it continuously for about 5-6 seconds, until the version display shows up on the screen.
post #915 of 928 Old 08-02-2006, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay214128
To see the software version, press and hold the display key on the remote. Hold it continuously for about 5-6 seconds, until the version display shows up on the screen.
Thanks. I get: -004600K

John
post #916 of 928 Old 08-02-2006, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay214128
Post #899 does not mention a version number.
Sorry, didn't mean to say I posted the FW version. Also, forgot I had the "buzz" fix installed too.
post #917 of 928 Old 08-03-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonaco
Thanks. I get: -004600K
I get the same thing...wonder what the difference is between version 4600K and version 6700K?
post #918 of 928 Old 11-11-2006, 09:23 AM

I'm trying to get info to buy a Pioneer and want to buy the latest model. There are a couple different 50" models for sell, PRO1140HD and PRO1130HD. Can someone list the new Pioneer models that are out?
post #919 of 928 Old 11-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

You dug up a almost 2 year old thread to ask this question? All you had to do was go to www.pioneerelectronics.com and look at their site.
post #920 of 928 Old 11-15-2006, 11:39 AM

I have a 1130hd, 79av-i and a 74txv-i. the cable box is component and has no hdmi. the dvd to receiver and back to media box is all hdmi. I have some X10's pluged into input2 which doesnt have component. So my problem is I just got an xbox360 and it looks like the only input left is on the front(input 4)?

is there no other way to hook it up? can input 3 share hdmi AND component?
I'm supposed to have these cords hanging off the front after spending hours hiding all the other cables?? this seems stupid. I must be missing something.

also, why the hell isn't there a pc input on the BACK??????!!!! again. another cable hanging off the front?

thanks for any help.
also, am I in the right thread?
yeah, sorry. I'm a newbie :confused:
post #921 of 928 Old 11-15-2006, 03:14 PM

is there a 1130 thread? or is it close to the 1120?
post #922 of 928 Old 11-15-2006, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misato70
I have a 1130hd, 79av-i and a 74txv-i. the cable box is component and has no hdmi. the dvd to receiver and back to media box is all hdmi. I have some X10's pluged into input2 which doesnt have component. So my problem is I just got an xbox360 and it looks like the only input left is on the front(input 4)?

is there no other way to hook it up? can input 3 share hdmi AND component?
I'm supposed to have these cords hanging off the front after spending hours hiding all the other cables?? this seems stupid. I must be missing something.

also, why the hell isn't there a pc input on the BACK??????!!!! again. another cable hanging off the front?

thanks for any help.
also, am I in the right thread?
yeah, sorry. I'm a newbie :confused:
How about input all audio & video into the receiver then from receiver to media receiver? 74txvi has 2hdmi in and 1 out. Go 79 to 74 via HDMI, xbox to 74 (optical audio and component video to matched inputs) and same for cable box. Then 74's HDMI out to input 1 on TV. That leaves the 1130's HDMI input 2 for whatever you want (what's an x10?).

What's nice about the 74, is that you can mix/match audio inputs with video inputs (but not for HDMI).
post #923 of 928 Old 11-16-2006, 07:07 AM

ahh. I didnt think of that. so the tv would be on the same input, its just the reciever that you would change..?
x10's are those cheap wireless cameras
thanks for the advice. I'll take a look.
post #924 of 928 Old 11-16-2006, 08:13 AM

Quote:
can input 3 share hdmi AND component?
Yes it can. I have an 1120HD media receiver and have a Panasonic DMR-EH55 DVR/DVD recorder connected to both the component and HDMI inputs on input 3. The audio is directly connected to the surround receiver via TOSLINK. To select between the component and HDMI inputs, I use the input menu on the media receiver to enable/disable HDMI on input 3. I use the HDMI for watching DVDs (upconverted to 1080i) and component for standard definition programming (DVDs, DVR). I too am using the component video input 4 and have just gotten use to the cables on the front.

One of the "flaws" with the 1120HD was that the media receiver does not pass the digital audio stream from an HDMI input to it's digital audio output (TOSLINK), so each of my components connected to the HDMI input must be connected to the surround receiver separately. The audio from an HDMI input can only be heard from the TVs built in speakers. I don't know if this got fixed in the 1130.
post #925 of 928 Old 11-20-2006, 11:44 AM

thanks for all the info. I hooked everything up to the receiver and it works great. the only thing is that I have to have it on all the time now, where before I could just watch tv and listen to the tv's built in speakers.
post #926 of 928 Old 11-20-2006, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
thanks for all the info. I hooked everything up to the receiver and it works great. the only thing is that I have to have it on all the time now, where before I could just watch tv and listen to the tv's built in speakers.
Glad to read everything's working. Although not a necessity, you can now look into setting up everything with SR+ cables. One neat feature is that I can see my 74txvi's volume and other settings on my 1120. I bought a camcorder to camcorder dubbing cable on ebay for 1/4 the price Pio's charging for their "SR+" cable and it works perfectly. Another major plus of connecting equipment using these cables is the ability to control all SR+ connected equipment via one infrared sensor. Might come in handy if you're trying to hide some equipment.

Yeah, it took me a while to get used to having the receiver on all the time, but I prefer it now. My Harmony remote simplifies power-up and input switching quite nicely.
post #927 of 928 Old 11-21-2006, 04:04 PM

I'll have to look up the sr+ cable. I dont think I've heard of it. I do want to get a uni remote now.. too damn many of them. it would be nice for the volume to show up on the 1130
post #928 of 928 Old 12-03-2006, 07:44 PM

I'm curious to know the settings people have for their televisons. I'm sure anyone who has one of these models has over 1000 hours on it so is therefore fully "broken in". I like the picture on my Pioneer Elite 1120 but it as the "breaking in" settings stll. I'm ready to make the the leap and tweak the settings a bit but would like to get some advice from you folks.

Best Regards,

plasmalvr

Pioneer Elite Pro-1120 HD Plasma with Cable Card
Chief Wall Mount Bracket
Paradigm Mini Monitor L/R Front, CC-170 Center, AMS-100 L/R Rear Speakers, and PS-1000 Subwoofer.
Denon AVR-2800 Receiver
Closed Thread Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page