Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donniewb420 View Post

LOL very nice desription!

Thanks, Donnie.

Been searching for a while about the red blinking light problem because as of this moment I can't get it to stop.

Tried different power cables, different sockets (on and off the battery backup) and all to no avail.

So, from Dec 05'ish/Jan '06 to Sept 2011 this TV has done fantastic for this long, but then "POOF" no workie. Almost 6 years of service which ain't bad considering it was on more than it was off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3092 of 3104 Old 09-08-2011, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I had the red blinking light issue too. got worse and worse. I finally put it out of its misery and went to Costco. Newer, bigger, lighter and much cheaper than when I bought this one about 6 years ago. And best of all, no blinking light.

Michael

PSN: Chiahead
Chiahead's Man Cave - Indexed
Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #3093 of 3104 Old 10-04-2011, 07:04 PM

Hi, I also had blinking light issue, 6 long and three short. Eventually couldnt get tv to turn on any more. After several hours of navigating these threads, determined it may be capicitor issues. Took off the back cover and sure enough the two capicitors they were talking about were bubbled up and one had black stuff on top of them. So removed board and took to local electronics place and they changed them out within an hour, cost about $65. Took home installed and works as good as it ever has. Bought in 2004, has 20000 hrs on it! I figured what the hell, if it works great. If not, new tv time because cost of analyzing the tv and possibly a new board would equal a low-end plasma now.

Did all in one afternoon!
post #3094 of 3104 Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenemc View Post

Hi, I also had blinking light issue, 6 long and three short. Eventually couldnt get tv to turn on any more. After several hours of navigating these threads, determined it may be capicitor issues. Took off the back cover and sure enough the two capicitors they were talking about were bubbled up and one had black stuff on top of them. So removed board and took to local electronics place and they changed them out within an hour, cost about $65. Took home installed and works as good as it ever has. Bought in 2004, has 20000 hrs on it! I figured what the hell, if it works great. If not, new tv time because cost of analyzing the tv and possibly a new board would equal a low-end plasma now. Did all in one afternoon!

Great job, do you recall which capacitors were blown ? Were they the 2 smallish 3300 uf 10volts ?
post #3095 of 3104 Old 10-28-2011, 11:05 PM

Hello all... New to site, its a great find!!

anyways.. black screen with good sound..... checked all caps and none seem to be jacked up.. (no splits, no bulges)... tested (PSB) power supply board at the varies points and all seem good.... maybe a 0.2 off or so..... but within range. So far Ive read "it might be the Y-sustain board.... just wondering if anyone else has had same issue... thanks.

cal
post #3096 of 3104 Old 10-29-2011, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrow99 View Post

Hello all... New to site, its a great find!!
anyways.. black screen with good sound..... checked all caps and none seem to be jacked up.. (no splits, no bulges)... tested (PSB) power supply board at the varies points and all seem good.... maybe a 0.2 off or so..... but within range. So far Ive read "it might be the Y-sustain board.... just wondering if anyone else has had same issue... thanks.cal

Yes, others have had it, go back a few pages on the 9631 User Thread.
post #3097 of 3104 Old 01-03-2012, 10:32 AM

Hi guys, Got a quick question about a 42pf9630 I saved from a recycle center. I took it home, got it to power up after replacing 2 caps on the power-supply and upgraded it to the latest firmware. I am able to get video through the coaxial and the side video input, however, when I try to plug in my 360 or ps3 through the HDMI or RGB inputs I can't get a signal. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
post #3098 of 3104 Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bobbyg View Post

Hi guys, Got a quick question about a 42pf9630 I saved from a recycle center. I took it home, got it to power up after replacing 2 caps on the power-supply and upgraded it to the latest firmware. I am able to get video through the coaxial and the side video input, however, when I try to plug in my 360 or ps3 through the HDMI or RGB inputs I can't get a signal. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Check the early pages on the 9630 and 9631 Threads....folks were just learning how to use their gaming systems and some handoff issues showed up.
post #3099 of 3104 Old 01-17-2012, 12:38 PM

PhilipsPhanatic, I must have missed it. I have spent the better part of the day combing this thread and have not seen anything that relates to my issue. I hope you or someone else with expertise can help. The issue is that I can not connect my PS3 or PC via HDMI if i connect my 360 to the HDMI cable it plays so it is not the wire or port, it is a handshake issue. Also if I connect my 360 via component cable all I get is sound and no picture. Any help is much appreciated.
post #3100 of 3104 Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM

Also, just tried the PS3 connected via component cables and no luck. Hope someone can give me some insight.
post #3101 of 3104 Old 01-18-2012, 05:01 AM

For everyone out there with an issue connecting PS3 to a TV here is how I remedied my issue. connect PS3 to TV. Change TV to input that PS3 is connected to. make sure PS3 is turned off. Hold power button down on PS3 until it turns on and then turns back off. This forces the PS3 to sync. Hope this helps someone.
Now my last issue is getting my PC to sync with my TV. I am using a MSI Radeon Geforce video card and connecting it to the TV via HDMI. If anyone has any input it will be greatly appreciated.
post #3102 of 3104 Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Black Screen Problem: I am having the old BSOD problem on a 50" 9631 that has the latest firmware (and has run for years with no problem). I'm wondering if it could be a hardware (capacitor, fuse) problem instead.

Any BSOD Veterans from the 9630's have any solutions ?

I can't even remember the BDOD problem that well, I had to re-read this thread and get back-to-speed. Turning off the TV, cable STB, or changing channels doesn't solve the problem. I've had it a few weeks now, but now it's happening 2-3 times a day as opposed to every few days when I first noticed it about 2-3 weeks ago. Black-outs seem to be getting longer, too. It will fix itself but I know its only a matter of time before the screen goes dark while watching a movie or sporting event as opposed to watching CNBC during the day when I really mostly just need sound (in fact, my back is largely to the TV so I sometimes don't see it happen until it's been black a while and I turn around from my PC ).

Suggestions ???
post #3103 of 3104 Old 12-29-2012, 05:21 PM

Just wanted to post that I'm yet one more person with a 50pf9630a/37 that is about 7 years old that started the blinking red error code. I would unplug the set, wait for the blinking to stop, and plug back in. After the clicks stopped I'd turn it on and after a couple tries it would finally power up without the red code. It usually had popping distortion in the audio until it warmed up for 30 seconds or so. After that, it would work until it cooled off overnight and repeated the process. I ordered a set of the 3300uf capacitors which were the Panasonic brand that were 16V instead of 10V that someone recommended from Digi-Key. Opened the back cover and sure enough one of them had the swollen top. Replaced both and the set is back up and running. Part was P14404-ND and cost $1.43 each. Thanks again to everyone who posted the fix here.
post #3104 of 3104 Old 07-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ybarra View Post

Just wanted to post that I'm yet one more person with a 50pf9630a/37 that is about 7 years old that started the blinking red error code. I would unplug the set, wait for the blinking to stop, and plug back in. After the clicks stopped I'd turn it on and after a couple tries it would finally power up without the red code. It usually had popping distortion in the audio until it warmed up for 30 seconds or so. After that, it would work until it cooled off overnight and repeated the process. I ordered a set of the 3300uf capacitors which were the Panasonic brand that were 16V instead of 10V that someone recommended from Digi-Key. Opened the back cover and sure enough one of them had the swollen top. Replaced both and the set is back up and running. Part was P14404-ND and cost $1.43 each. Thanks again to everyone who posted the fix here.
Geez, when I read that I was thinking 7 years eek.gif it can't be. It seemed like it just went off warranty. Been knock on wood lucky so far & haven't had the issues. I know it's only a matter of time unless they happened to have gotten a better supply of Capacitors later in 2006.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page