post #2101 of 2101 Old 11-23-2014, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anybody still monitorig this thread?

Hello!

Late to the party, but not my first time with my 42PF7320A -

I had the typical Y-SUS/buffer problem three years ago and got the set up and running with replacements.

Several months ago, I noticed that when the set was off, it would make a clicking sound, the sound would seem to come on, and after a few seconds there would be another clicking sound as it shut back down. Like it was waking it from standby mode, doing a check and then going back to sleep.

When it died, it was on, normal picture, then a loud snap and then the "old" 7 sequence. Taking it apart, I noticed the two caps (C8059/C8060) were vented, so I replaced them. Subsequent testing afterward showed the same 7 code, along with an 11 sequence on the daughterboard, similar to other posts here. I diagnosed it by removing one or another of the output plugs with no change in error code.

I bought another PS board from TSM, only to find they do not offer new boards, but harvested parts from other sources. Installing this board gave me the same fault code sequence; I attempted to measure the board voltages with my DMM at the output pin locations and came up with the following (all voltages max values as the system trips out after two seconds):

SX socket

Vs=2.4V, Vs=2.4V, Ve=0V, Vg=15.6V, D5V=5.6V

SY socket

D5V=5.6V, Vg=0V, Vscan=0V, Vset=0V, Vs=2.0V, Vs=2.0V

BUFFER socket

Va=72.0V, D5v=5.6V

Is there a source for info on what the proper voltages should be for this - am I missing something in testing at these points? Any help that anyone could extend is appreciated - I went on the Coppell website and while they were helpful, I could not get the answer I needed - I am about to ditch this set, but the pain of paying 2 grand for it 8 years ago still stings!

Have a great day guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page