Official Pioneer 4360/5060/Elite Experiences, Set-up, Questions & Pictures Thread!!! - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2005, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoZorro View Post

Was the wall mount with your 5061 a Pioneer, or a generic one?

It says Pioneer on the box--model number PWM-F110.

--Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2005, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRose View Post

Who knows.

I find it strange that the units "shipped" from California over a week ago and there isnt a single siting in California of an 1130.

Pioneer ships the units to the furthest locations first so all arrival dates are syncronized. If they were to ship all units at the same time, California would always get them faster, by a couple of week or so.

Also transit time is actually 10+ business days and not 5 business days. They don't ship through UPS that guarantees by and of 5th BD. LoL
Old 09-28-2005, 01:35 PM

"If they were to ship all units at the same time, California would always get them faster"

That would be OK with me.

Does this apply to the 5060 model or just the Elite? The 5060s doent seem to be evenly distributed across the country.

Im not sure how Pioneer ships the units from California (Truck or Rail) but either way its less than 10 days for dedicated loads. I cant imagine that are shipping LTLs of plasmas cross country.

John

Old 09-28-2005, 02:02 PM

The wind must have changed directon, Tweeter is now telling me Oct. 7. At least I knew to expect a change...

I had it first.....
Old 09-28-2005, 03:13 PM

"The wind must have changed directon, Tweeter is now telling me Oct. 7"

With the price of fuel, the truck proabaly pulled over until the headwind died down.

Im hoping to watch the Charlie Brown Halloween Special on my new 1130. If not, the Charlie Brown Christmas Special is only 6 weeks later. There is always the Valentines Day Special which Im 70% sure I will have my 1130 by.

Praying for lower winds.

John

Old 09-28-2005, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

"The wind must have changed directon, Tweeter is now telling me Oct. 7"

With the price of fuel, the truck proabaly pulled over until the headwind died down.

Im hoping to watch the Charlie Brown Halloween Special on my new 1130. If not, the Charlie Brown Christmas Special is only 6 weeks later. There is always the Valentines Day Special which Im 70% sure I will have my 1130 by.

Praying for lower winds.

John

Don't forget the New Year's special in between. Slow, slow, quick quick.....

I know, I'm anxious to get our 1130 too! Bet the Charlie Brown DVDs will look great on it!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:49 PM

Quote:

Don't forget the New Year's special in between. Slow, slow, quick quick.....

I know, I'm anxious to get our 1130 too! Bet the Charlie Brown DVDs will look great on it!

Im going to stop by my Elite dealer today on the way to softball to show some face. Ive been holding off ordering my Paradigm Signautures from him thinking it will keep me on the short list (I guess my $500 deposit should do this) for the first 1130 but maybe I will just order the speakers today and worry about the 1130 in December when it arrives.

How does this look?

27" Sony XBR (We are talking tube here circa 1988)
Integra Research 7.1
Gemstone 7 X 200 Amp
Velodyne DD12 Sub
Paradigm S4, CC3, ADP 7.1 setup

Sad....very sad.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My local B&M dealer / friend is getting 3 5060s next week. I wonder if any of you know the bolt pattern for the mounting of this set - I would like to know if anyone has a link to a .PDF that shows the rear of the set with dimensions, and also, if it happens to be the same as the 5040.

Thanks,

- Chris
Old 09-28-2005, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamjcl View Post

My local B&M dealer / friend is getting 3 5060s next week. I wonder if any of you know the bolt pattern for the mounting of this set - I would like to know if anyone has a link to a .PDF that shows the rear of the set with dimensions, and also, if it happens to be the same as the 5040.

Look at the last pages of this guide:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pi...s%20Plasma.pdf

The 1130 is likely the same in dimensions as the 5060.

. . . . . . . . . . . Peter

Old 09-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Peter,

Thanks for the link - just what I was looking for. The local BB has a 5061 on the floor so I think I will go and get the bolt pattern dimensions off of it as well.

- Chris
Old 09-29-2005, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I need some advice from the Pio people. When I was searching for a tv I thought I was going to end up with a plasma. Well I ended up with a Sharp lcd 37d5u. Well I bought a Chief mount plp-2081 (still new in the box) which fits alot of Pioneer 50 inch models as well as many other brands as well. I still want to mount my lcd and I can buy a Chief adapter plate that will work with Sharp but do you think this is over kill for the Sharp? Anyone have experience with this mount? Which way should I go?

These are just my opinions.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How does this look?

27" Sony XBR (We are talking tube here circa 1988)
Sad....very sad.

Yea, but you gotta love how long those Sony tubes last - we've got one from 90 that just keeps going....
Old 09-29-2005, 01:58 PM

Not sure how new this is but it looks like Pioneer is admittin the new 60s exist

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...312046,00.html

Pioneer PDP-5070HD Moto 6412 sII Moto 3416 DMR-E85H DVD Rotel RSX972 Wireworld Studio HF-33
B&W DM602.5 S3 DM600 S3 LCR600 S3 ASW600
Old 09-29-2005, 02:06 PM

I just had a call from Cambryn at TVA to tell me they cleared my PDP-5060HD order for shipping and it will be on the road to me first thing in the morning. The warehouse it is coming from is in NY.

It should be here around the 7th.

Richard

Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.

Administrator for MSI HQ Forums Taiwan
Old 09-29-2005, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconset View Post

Not sure how new this is but it looks like Pioneer is admittin the new 60s exist

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...312046,00.html

Looks pretty new; I've been checking the site daily for updates on the Elites - wonder when they will go up. They did clean up the detailed product information section, and have included more stuff from the new DVD player as well. Some nice plasma info there too.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:32 PM

I hope this isnt against forum guidlines but I was wondering what DVD player you are planning to use with you 5060 or 1130.

This is the only component of my new system I havent decided on.

By default I was looking at the new Elite 79 only because I figured its a good match coming from the same line. However, it looks like that is a few months off.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps to just hold me over a few months or a few months longer for HD DVD.

Thanks

John

Old 09-29-2005, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 222
I plan on getting a 79avi. Why? Well, I finally figured out the pretty much all upconverting dvd players (excluding the Denon 5910) are no more that "Snake Oil". Pioneer has an excellent scaler and de-interlacer in the 5060/1130 and I want to take full advantage of that. I plan on sending my panel a pure 480i signal and let it do all the work.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:10 PM

D-Nice,

Thanks for the response.

That was my original plan. Do you have any recommendations for a inexpensive but worthy unit that will hold me over for a month or two? Assuming my 1130 comes in the couple weeks I dont want to go without a DVD until the new Elite is available.

Thanks

John

Old 09-29-2005, 06:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Sony DVP-NS70H, Panasonic S77, Harman Kardon DVD22, Harman Kardon DVD31
Old 09-29-2005, 07:31 PM

Quote:

D-Nice,

Thanks for the response.

Do you have any recommendations for a inexpensive but worthy unit ....

Thanks

John

I'm going with the Oppo Digital - OPDV971H. Check it out
<<HERE>>
Old 09-29-2005, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Do you have any recommendations for a inexpensive but worthy unit that will hold me over for a month or two? Assuming my 1130 comes in the couple weeks I dont want to go without a DVD until the new Elite is available.

John,

The S&V Sept issue review of upconverting players is available online:
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...ber=1&preview=
Reviews Toshiba SD-5980, Samsung DVD-HD950, and Panasonic DVD-S77 with the Panny far ahead of the pack in the results.

I have the S77 and like it alot. I had it narrowed down to the Oppo and Panny S77, bought both and returned the Oppo. PQ was equal for both for me. Panny played a couple of +R disks that Oppo rejected, Panny has very substantial configuration flexibility and power over the Oppo (but not as user friendly as it should be). The Panny will ouput more resolutions over component than the Oppo, which only does 480i over component if I recall. The Oppo remote is awful.

On the other hand, I think Oppo may play a format or two the Panny doesn't (like DivX maybe, or something). I think it is also region free or can be made region free, while the Panny can't.

And here's the Secrets shootout table with the Panny included:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-b...h&articles=all

. . . . . . . . . . . Peter

Old 09-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member

Just an observation at the local BB - I went in to measure the mounting holes on the new 5060(1), and went over to check out the 4360(1). 4 days after they got it, it was burned in severly with the thin black and white vertical bars on the ESPN HD channel when the programming is 4:3. Also, the ESPN bug is burned in the lower right corner. I go in today, and not only is all that obviously still there, but now the Comcast "INHD" bug is also burned in, over top of the ESPN bug. Of course the set is on OOTB settings, but you would think that it might be a little more resilient. I really don't think a CRT would have done that - It makes me a little concerned about the new Pioneers, even though I know that is a little more extreme than I would probably go, but, again, I don't think the Panasonic is this fragile (I have a 37") and have watched alot of stuff like this, and my contrast is usually at 20 out of 30.

Thought it may be relevant.

- Chris.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:25 AM

First off...thanks to all of you for the DVD responses. I truly appreciate it.

Second...I do not want to hijack this thread and want to keep it focused on the 6G Pionners (I too have an 1130 on order).

Ive narrowed it down to the Panasonic DVD-S77 and the Sony DVP-NS975V. I considered the Sony only because it does 480i over HDMI. After reading D-Nice's statement about relying on the excellent processing of the 5060/1130, I did some searches on the forum and came up with the Sony.

If you wouldnt mind PMing me with any responses, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again and we now return to our regularyly scheduled broadcast.

John

Old 09-30-2005, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

I plan on getting a 79avi. Why? Well, I finally figured out the pretty much all upconverting dvd players (excluding the Denon 5910) are no more that "Snake Oil". Pioneer has an excellent scaler and de-interlacer in the 5060/1130 and I want to take full advantage of that. I plan on sending my panel a pure 480i signal and let it do all the work.

Me too about the 79avi - I just didn't know what the best signal to send was. By sending 480i, do you end up with a "progressive" pic at the end, or is it still interlaced? Sorry for the stupid question. Why would you choose 480i over 720p or 1080i? I guess you're saying the Plasma will take care of the rest - just trying to understand.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:58 AM

Iamjcl -

You are sure that what you saw was burn-in and not just image retention? If it is burning in that easily that is REALLY a concern. The 5050 did not seem to burn-in at all for me. It did retain the image for awhile though.

You would think that going from the 5050 to the 5060 we would see the unit do a better job of reducing image retention / burn-in...not go backwards.

Umm...
Old 09-30-2005, 11:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Me too about the 79avi - I just didn't know what the best signal to send was. By sending 480i, do you end up with a "progressive" pic at the end, or is it still interlaced? Sorry for the stupid question. Why would you choose 480i over 720p or 1080i? I guess you're saying the Plasma will take care of the rest - just trying to understand.

Thanks.

By sending 480i to the panel, you can take full benefit of 3:3 pull-down @ 72Hz Advance Pure Cinema offers. It also is the best signal to send because it minimizes the amount of processing the video would has to go through. Choosing 720p or 1080i can cause the video to be shown with the wrong colorspace, more mosquito noise, more jagged edges, macroblocking, and additional scaling processes as the panel will still scale 720/1080 pictures to the panel's native resolution.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by augmental View Post

Iamjcl -

You are sure that what you saw was burn-in and not just image retention? If it is burning in that easily that is REALLY a concern. The 5050 did not seem to burn-in at all for me. It did retain the image for awhile though.

You would think that going from the 5050 to the 5060 we would see the unit do a better job of reducing image retention / burn-in...not go backwards.

Umm...

Burn-in is not likely. I have owned the 5050 for exactly 32 days. After calibrating the display for the proper contrast and brightness, my family and I have watched television and DVD movies without regard to side black bars for 4x3 content, or top and bottom black bars for widescreen movies. Understand that I watch everything in original aspect ratio because I hate stretched or distorted pictures. My son also watches ESPN for hours with the scrolling baseball scores.

I also refuse to let any new technology dectate how I use and enjoy television and movies.

Guess what. I just checked and there is zero, nada, zippo burn-in.

I wish folks would find something else to fret about like the price of gas, the war in Iraq, or whether Tyra Banks has real or fake tits.

I want a Masquerade.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

By sending 480i to the panel, you can take full benefit of 3:3 pull-down @ 72Hz Advance Pure Cinema offers. It also is the best signal to send because it minimizes the amount of processing the video would has to go through. Choosing 720p or 1080i can cause the video to be shown with the wrong colorspace, more mosquito noise, more jagged edges, macroblocking, and additional scaling processes as the panel will still scale 720/1080 pictures to the panel's native resolution.

Thanks - that's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. So this way, I'm not going to see any flickering like with regular interlaced inputs, right?

I can't wait to get all of these components and play......
Old 09-30-2005, 12:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Old 09-30-2005, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member